Drnaln 14-Oct-22
DonVathome 15-Oct-22
Lost Arra 25-Oct-22
fuzzy 29-Oct-22
Jordan 30-Oct-22
Tracker 30-Oct-22
DonVathome 03-Nov-22
10-Oct-22
Ideas? I need something really light for early season.

10-Oct-22
I thought this was about hunting alligators that would no way make Pope & Young. >;-)

g-a-i-t-e-r-s

10-Oct-22

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
If it's just for debris look at the trail running gaiters. You won't find anything lighter

10-Oct-22
take a look at the kuiu kutana gaiters. they're about 4 oz. each. still may be too hot though for early season...?

10-Oct-22
Buy pants with longer legs :o)

Good insight on the running gaiters, lots of brands/styles and very light.

10-Oct-22
Thanks! The running gaiters are it, I never thought of looking at running stuff Thanks! Mostly for snow that on area occasion drifts a little higher then my hiking shoe. Sorry for spelling error:)

10-Oct-22
I use Kuiu gaiters.

10-Oct-22
Kuiu makes a short little gaiter too, maybe called Skree I think. They are fine. I much prefer the Kutana, I personally think they are about perfect, but may be using them differently than what you are looking for.

—jim

10-Oct-22
Kuiu makes a short little gaiter too, maybe called Skree I think. They are fine. I much prefer the Kutana, I personally think they are about perfect, but may be using them differently than what you are looking for.

—jim

10-Oct-22
I think I am going to give these a try https://mountainlaureldesigns.com/product/superlight-gaiter/

10-Oct-22
I’ve used running gators and the smallest Kuiu gator. The running ones work good with running shoes but not with any kind of hiking, hunting boot. I prefer the Kuiu ones even for my light hikers.

11-Oct-22
Mike U thanks, I was wondering about that.

WY those look great! I do wonder about this from their website:

"Tough enough for many seasons of use and should last most users one full thru-hike"

What is one full thru-hike?

11-Oct-22
Does the Kuiu Scree have a shoelace hook to help hold it on? It says it has a front hook so I think it does.

11-Oct-22
I ordered a pair of the mountain laurel

11-Oct-22
" What is one full thru-hike? "

Probably either the entire Appalachian Trail or Pacific Crest Trail

11-Oct-22

Jordan's embedded Photo
Jordan's embedded Photo
Like this? ;)

11-Oct-22
Don, the running gators are for sure the lightest option to keep debris out.

12-Oct-22
I agree Will. I am looking for them for snow and that is it. I am hoping for 8" or a little more from the ground to top of gator.

12-Oct-22
Outdoor research crocs are a very lightweight, durable, and well designed croc. Probably too tall for your needs but, a great pair to own for hunting and work.

12-Oct-22
Peax ====== for me ........... taller than what your looking for though .

13-Oct-22
Taller is ok if they are light. Actually taller is better, I am looking for 4oz a pair or less.

13-Oct-22
https://zpacks.com/products/calf-gaiters

13-Oct-22
https://zpacks.com/products/calf-gaiters

13-Oct-22
B&C gators are overrated.

14-Oct-22
I got the mnnt laurel gators. I have not used the field but a few observations. They are light and should work great. You cannot put them on or take them off with your boots on, not even hiking shoes. They are to small to go over hiking shoes. You can take them off with your boots. Once its cold and frozen they would be difficult to remove in the field. The bungi cord is small and when frozen with cold fingers tough to do. They are not fool proof if walking in deep snow it is possible, no matter how tight you "lace them" to have snow slip in. This is ok because I am not looking for winter gators.

Even at home in good weather they take a minute to get on. So do my winter gators so expected.

Overall I think they are perfect for what I want them for - snow that is not bad.

14-Oct-22
I wouldn't want to have to remove my boots every time to take the gaiters off. Also their website says not for off the trail use. A couple more ounces might give you a better choice.

15-Oct-22
drnaln I agree, not ideal but I wanted REALLY light. I have always gone without so compared to nothing they seem worth it

25-Oct-22
The kuiu scree work great for keeping stuff out of your boots and preventing sage brush or briars from untying my boots. That's all I need.

29-Oct-22

fuzzy's embedded Photo
fuzzy's embedded Photo
These look pretty light

30-Oct-22
LOL!

30-Oct-22
OR Crocs! They are waterproof and extremely durable. They have always been the standard.

03-Nov-22
Update. Mine worked but are torn up. I used them a lot in rough terrain, rocks, loose scree etc. I was constantly slipping, scraping etc. It is not there fault, they are not made for that kind of stuff.

They take a few minutes to get on. Even when warm and comfy it takes some work to tie them. I used the bungi cord they gave me to make 2 sets. That was a mistake. Both sets are long enough but it is hard to tie because I made them short. I also did not burn the ends after cutting so they got frayed and are more difficult to get through the loops (my mistake).

They worked and were light which is what I wanted.

• Sitka Gear