EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
This fella from Alabama just got busted in Oklahoma. He killed a giant buck in 2020. Then got his a$$ busted for killing deer without a tag this week. I’m shedding light on it, and I don’t mind. He should be banned from Oklahoma for life. I have zero remorse for folks like this.

In the screenshots you can see/read the latest buck he got busted for from this season. Kudos to the Oklahoma game wardens for doing their job! His Instagram is under “lanceyoung”.

11-Oct-22

Here’s the buck he thought he was “famous” over. Makes you wonder if he killed this buck illegally too. I have zero tolerance for this BS.

12-Oct-22
Ok. So for $300 bucks, I can bow hunt for four months and kill up to six deer?

And yes, the man is a piece of shit.

12-Oct-22
I paid $425 and I can hunt there for life. (Lifetime license I got in high school).

Glad they caught him

12-Oct-22
Presuming that, if he didn't know this year he needed a license/tag BEFORE he killed, that he killed that giant in 2020 prior to being legal as well. Seems like the game warden could pinch him pretty hard.

12-Oct-22
Now everyone will always think he killed the first one illegally too. What a dumbass. Good job wardens.

12-Oct-22
Ambush, yes you can. Hurry up, the prices are going to rise soon. ;)

12-Oct-22
^^^^ They'd have to rise a lot before that wasn't a deal! Even when converted to Canadian Pesos. Pigs are free?

12-Oct-22
Eventually you get caught if you cheat... law of averages catches up to you, which then puts questions to your past accomplishments.

Much like those two fishing tournament cheaters who probably been cheating for yrs. Can you imagine the "pro hunter's" that have not been caught? I bet we all would be surprised to find out some of our " idols" are aholes.

12-Oct-22
Another YouTube, Instagram, "influencer". POS....

12-Oct-22
Damn, I thought it was gonna be TBM! LOL.

I just flat can’t understand people, it’s $300 to do it right dude, how hard is it? I agree with Rick absolutely no sympathy.

Ambush, you can crash here…

—jim

12-Oct-22
Wow. Kudos to the game warden.

12-Oct-22
POS. Good job game warden.

12-Oct-22
#sickforit

12-Oct-22
Same mind set that cheats at their taxes, cheats on their wife, cheats at kids sports, the list goes on and on. Always nice to see one of these jerks get their due.

12-Oct-22
What an idiot. Would be interesting to know how the game warden figured out the timeline on that.

12-Oct-22
While the scripture of being the first to throw a stone does come to mind, it says a lot when a guy travels from Alabama to Oklahoma to hunt deer and doesn't even buy the cheapo license. How would you even explain the fact that you're hunting if stopped? Just beyond stupid.

12-Oct-22
Justice served.

12-Oct-22
You can’t cure stupid I have no issue with Oklahoma throwing the book at him and yes there will be questions on the buck he killed prior to this one.What a mess Good Luck Lewis

12-Oct-22
Oh man, I remember that big buck he got and thinking it was a cool story. Not anymore, it's suspect at best.

Thanks for sharing! As someone who lives in a destination state I get tired of the cheaters. It casts a bad light on those who do it right, and jades locals immensely.

12-Oct-22
Last year a neighbor, who never hunts, shot a good buck I was watching for years. According to my neighbors: he saw it from his house when it was locked down and shot it. Huge buck for that area. Then he ran into town and bought his license. Again, this is according to my other neighbors.

I had no facts, just gossip from the neighbors so I didn’t report it. But I suspect it’s true. This guy never hunts and the deer was killed in his field next to his house.

12-Oct-22
What a clown,and hell yeah throw the book at him.I bet he is sweating and telling lies about how it really happened. Jerk

12-Oct-22
North American Whitetail can not be happy....

12-Oct-22
Glad they got him.

I don't know how some of these people look in the mirror.

12-Oct-22
North American Whitetail can not be happy....

12-Oct-22
I bet Josh Bowmar helped him scout the buck.

12-Oct-22
Probably shot it over a failure pile too, get a rope

12-Oct-22
Sounds like what happened in Pa years ago..................

Back when there was an extended black bear season in our unit that coincided with the first week of rifle deer, a guy shot a bear at 7:45. Went to the local sport shop and bought a bear tag at 9am. The clerk was suspicious, so he called the game warden. The game warden checked the bear tag for time of kill and it said 7:45. Then he checked the register receipt that proved the tag was bought at 9am. Easy conviction! And it was an 808 lb bear, so the restitution was several thousand $$$! What a dumb@$$! If he had put 9:30 as the time of kill, it probably would have been hard to prove..................

12-Oct-22
What a D-bag. So happy he got caught. He should do time, he can cell mate with the lead stuffing walleye fisherman.

12-Oct-22
That happens more often than you would think.

12-Oct-22
The biggest thing I learned from this is that I need to start looking into OK whitetail hunting. That’s some serious bang for your buck

12-Oct-22
I don't know if Bowmar made it to OK after burning his own truck down

12-Oct-22
Texas NR’s already know Oklahoma is a steal. The SE parts of the state is saturated with corn dumping (even on public where it’s illegal to bait) Texans. As is the Western public lands. Every other plate you’ll see is a Texas plate. Oklahoma needs a draw or an increase in their tag price, soon.

12-Oct-22
So the moron has done at least one high profile hunt in OK before and now claims he didn't know he needed the tag before the kill!?? Like the same as his home state and EVERY other place in the world that allows hunting. He's got a very strong gag reflex control if he can have that much bullshit in his mouth and still talk. Thankfully every "trophy" he has will be tarnished from now on.

I can see planning an "All Fall" hunting journey starting with WY antelope with Rock (six PP'S) in August. I may have a contact in Nebraska. SitO can host me in Kansas, (just one little pile for a friend, ok Buddy?) Camp out in OK for a month or two and rub shoulders with a few Big Names. On to Colorado to hopefully make the annual Hooters Hoot Up. Maybe weasel an invite to meet up with Paul@thefort in Arizona while he's a bit tipsy. Then to AZ for javi's, Coues (under Paul's shadow) and maybe a look at Marvin's Monster Muley Museum. Heck, even Charlie R. would call it a Once in a Lifetime season!!

12-Oct-22
Man that is so sad. I think all states need the 10-15% non resident draw. A resident draw and a OTC tag for residents but at least a 3 day waiting period to hunt. Wild, wild, west times right now for outlaw hunters.

12-Oct-22
Poacher...plain and simple.

12-Oct-22
Hammer him

12-Oct-22
Rick, I agree 100% that OK needs to increase their tag prices as well as reducing the number of bucks from 2 to 1. OR require a doe to be taken before you can get a buck tag - leave it at 2 bucks but have to take 2 does in order to get those 2 buck tags. Glad we bought our property 3 years ago so don't have to worry about the public land crap...and we can put out corn legally! Yeah, I have to stir the pot some. :)

12-Oct-22
Glad he was caught ,hopefully punishment fits the crime. Take hunting privileges for life.

12-Oct-22

Come on Ambush! Between Jim and myself, I’m sure we can find you some pigs to shoot too. :)

On the dumb dumb… he’s already getting HAMMERED on Instagram, and he’s fighting back trying to save his “fame”. Pretty sad. He even “liked” my comment. Funny shiz. He’s the “lanceyoung” fella on the gram post.

12-Oct-22

Here he’s fighting back to people commenting…

12-Oct-22

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Bring it Rod! I cannot, in good faith, provide a pile... but Rick said he'd let you borrow his outfit and "tool" ;)

12-Oct-22
Shut up fool. You know that stuff belongs to you. But, good effort. I can see you in your living room now nibbling on the cob, wearing your corn pants and fussing with Habitat for wildlife. Probably watching soap operas too. LOL

12-Oct-22
Lol!

12-Oct-22
Lol@sitO!

12-Oct-22
". but Rick said he'd let you borrow his outfit and "tool"

Yikes, you win!! That "tool" (or toy) just scared the adventure right outa this old dude. Now planning a quiet deer season at home. Can't afford the Prep H. for the trip.

12-Oct-22
He should take up walleye tournaments.

12-Oct-22
Christ I need that " tool" just don't ask why except it's for Wisconsin deer camp lol

12-Oct-22
“ Christ I need that " tool" just don't ask why except it's for Wisconsin deer camp lol”

Just ask the corn king, aka Sito. He’s a good gardener, I’m sure he’s got a garage/basement full of them.

12-Oct-22
Asshat never even gutted the deer either.....

12-Oct-22
It's Corn! A big lump with nobs, it has the juice (it has the juice), I can tell you all about it! Just look at this thing! It's corn!

12-Oct-22

JTreeman's embedded Photo
JTreeman's embedded Photo
—jim

12-Oct-22
I have often wondered what kind of a game warden I would be. To the letter of the law they can take everything, gun, deer, bow, pack, knife...TRUCK, stands, everything. I get so riled up over this stuff i just couldn't be in law enforcement, I just know I would be inappropriately heavy handed. You have to be so level headed to deal with these types.

12-Oct-22

More BS. He’s using the “honest mistake” excuse. Not buying it. He thought he could hunt without a tag/license and got caught.

12-Oct-22
LMAO. Hunting without a tag is pretty dumb. But then again....I mean he was dumb enough to state the kill time as being before he bought the license. So that's pretty dumb. Nothing if not consistent.

12-Oct-22
Certainly could have been an honest mistake initially, which was then handled poorly concerning the follow-up.

12-Oct-22
If it was an honest mistake then why didn’t he call the game warden when he realized he didn’t have a tag? Or did he?

12-Oct-22
Hahaha, keep posting his lame ass mewings . Fun to watch him squirm.

12-Oct-22
"To the letter of the law they can take everything, gun, deer, bow, pack, knife...TRUCK, stands, everything. I get so riled up over this stuff i just couldn't be in law enforcement,"....that's not how it works. As the LEO writing the citation (the gamewarden in this case) you don't make the decision on the punishment. That is decided by the court within the applicable statutes of the state.

12-Oct-22
Deer hunting for so many has become an “inches”endeavor. I suspect there are many more that have broken laws, to get those inches of antlers. Hunting can be a lot of fun, without the focus on inches.

12-Oct-22
“If it was an honest mistake then why didn’t he call the game warden when he realized he didn’t have a tag? Or did he?”

Flatlander… my guess is he bought the tag/license after killing the buck and then E-checked it and put the actual time he killed it, essentially incriminating himself. Or he bragged about it somewhere and the Wardens caught on to it and investigated his tags/timeframe.

12-Oct-22
So did he not a license at all, or did he just not have an archery tag/stamp? Not nearly the same thing from POV and makes a big difference on whether I personally could believe it was or wasn't an oversight/accident.

12-Oct-22
And people tell me I’m whining/paranoid when I point out that CO’s cow-only archery tags leave the door wide open to this kind of crap.

I’m glad this guy is getting the reputation that he deserves. Or should be. Seems like an awful lot of people these days will choose their Heroes and there’s no limit to what behavior the Fan-Boys will accept as long as it was their boy whodunnit….

12-Oct-22
$10 says that big buck this clown shot was purchased on a game ranch.

A guy might be able to search the various “ Pay for a big buck “ sites and find a pic of that buck.

12-Oct-22
it's getting deeper now too. Hanging_tree_redacted has a couple more of his buddies in the spotlight on Instagram...

12-Oct-22
Jason, you are correct! Apparently he was this guys buddy and “cameraman”. All for the fame. Pretty lame. If people don’t think Wardens are watching social media, they are mistaken.

12-Oct-22
“Honest mistake” Maybe the sun was in his eyes. Amazing how stupid some of these guys are, with the excuses/reasons why what happened, happened. Curious to see what N. American Whitetail’s response will be to this, if anything.

12-Oct-22
What did I say, he is whining about his honest mistake…..What a jackass.

12-Oct-22

JL's Link
I wouldn't be so quick to jump on/off any bandwagons yet until the whole story comes out.

The link to the NAWT story has a pic of his first big buck at a feeder supposedly on his lease. That should be easy enough to confirm the background is indeed on his lease and not a H-F ranch.

12-Oct-22
JL… did someone say it was HF? I must’ve missed something.

12-Oct-22
KS flat lander, that would be the “poorly-handled follow up.”

12-Oct-22
That article says something like "hard work" was involved with the big buck? Goes on to say "putting up a game camera or two, and get a feeder tossing corn — a hunting technique that is a virtual way of deer-hunting life in Oklahoma."

"We’re working hard and I just get to working and don’t pay attention to the fact that I’ve only drank one bottle of water that morning and the heat is in the triple digits,” said Young. “All of a sudden, I get to where I’m not feeling too good, and after getting the feeder up, I couldn’t go on and just sat down on the ground."

"I was working 8-hour days, with all of the COVID testing and stuff, and I had just gotten some Chick-fil-A and I’m going back to the hotel and my camera alert goes off. I got to a red light and looked down and went ‘Oh my gosh!’”

So, a sadness spreader and a cell-cam, and allofasudden you're a hero.

About as far from hunting as anyone can get. Can't wait til it's all banned...and NO, I don't care if there are less so-called hunters around. F that guy.

12-Oct-22

This is his damage control response. Keep in mind, when you buy a NR ARCHERY license, IT COMES WITH THE TAGS. There’s no click for tags, or one at a time. You get tags/license in one swoop. (6) tags and you can hunt the entire season. In his damage control statement, he says he had a license but forgot to “select” to get the tags. Honest mistake? Bull F’n shiz.

My bet is… he killed the buck, minus license/tags. Then bought a license/tag, and shortly after E-checked the deer. I’m quite certain that the state has red flags that pop up (odd timeframes) and ping authorities. Then the warden went and investigated, and busted him at his little game.

12-Oct-22
Rick I can't stand poachers either. This one I can see as he really forgot to get a license. Maybe he bought a hunting license to dove hunt for example. I just don't see a guy after spending the money and effort on a lease not to expect to kill a good buck and need a tag because he sure wants fame and to show it off type. Assuming that is the case and giving him the benefit of the doubt, he screwed up when he realized it. Should have self reported at that point. Had he done that it is likely the warden have gone easy on him. Had he done that I would not have felt anything negative towards him.

No one other that him know his true intentions. I am not a big fan of the guys that seem the most important part is for internet attention and those guys earn the extra scrutiny when they screw up. With that said this incident does make me think this guy is a hard core let's see how many laws I can get away with breaking type from limit info I have seen. I hope he learned his lesson and it is a one time deal.

12-Oct-22
John… if he made a mistake, and maybe forgot to buy it, why is he steal LYING in his apology? I don’t buy it. Oh, and his buddy/cameraman got busted last week poaching and pulled all of stuff off of social media. Hmmmm… two peas in a pod?

With that said, he has learned his lesson. Maybe.

12-Oct-22
Rick he maybe a scum bag, he maybe made a honest mistake and tried to cover it up. Both are possible. Just saying I see a big gap between what happen here (at least the limited info I have seen) and the walleye fishermen. That one I see no wiggle room for not being scum bags. He looks young hope he learned something.

13-Oct-22
Rick.....somebody was speculating above his first buck might not be legit. I went and looked it up online and found that article. That's what I was responding to.

That DNR press release is not very clear. They make it sound like he did not have any hunting license at all.

The DNR bubbles are going to have to prove he intentionally didn't want to buy an archery tag as that might play into how the judge will rule. He states he already had his hunting license prior to hunting and he just forgot to check off the block online for his archery tag. Is that possible? The DNR should be able to verify that.... When he bought his hunting license and when they first became aware of the deer. His cover up might be worse than the honest mistake.... If that's what the DNR finds out. If he didn't have any hunting license or archery tag prior to killing the buck.. he's toast.

13-Oct-22
He stated that he had every intention of hunting as much as he could in order to try and harvest a buck on his lease. Even if he did purchase just a hunting license and was only initially hunting dove/small game/etc., why wouldn’t he also just purchase the deer tags at the same time, as that was his intent in the first place?

13-Oct-22
JL… I clarified that above. You cannot buy an deer archery hunting license without the coinciding tags for that season. In this case it was archery and he is a NON RESIDENT. The license and tags are all in one and one click of the screen or mouse. He’s simply squirming now and trying to save his “fans”. Could he have forgot to buy his tag/license? Maybe. But when someone gets busted for these fines and then keeps telling more things that aren’t true, my investigative nature calls BS.

As far as the buck he killed that made NAW, I have zero info on it. I just remember seeing it the year he killed it when it made the rounds on the internet.

13-Oct-22
Rick....maybe I'm missing something you're trying to explain. We all know he didn't buy the archery license (and get the tags).....he stated that he forgot when he purchased a hunting license. Consider he maybe is a gun hunter too?

What I'm missing is can a NR purchase a hunting license only and not the archery license? Is the hunting license only for gun hunters or is that like a base hunting license and one would still need to buy a firearms license or archery license to go with that hunting license? If he gun hunts AND bow hunts, his claim would seem plausible. He still screwed up not having the archery license, shooting the buck and then covering it up, but that puts things in a different context.

13-Oct-22
JL… if you choose archery, which he stated he “bought his license” and he was hunting in the archery season. It maxes out your yearly bag limit (6 tags) and you can’t hunt with gun/muzzy, because it would be over the state imposed bag limit of (6) for all three. He was archery hunting without license/tags. If he had bought a DEER ARCHERY NON RESIDENT license, the tags are a part of your purchase. Maybe the “license” he said he bought was a small game license? That I don’t know. Regardless, you HAVE to make certain you have the license/tags before you go afield. When I go out of state, guess what the ONE thing I make certain I have? My tags!

The deer hunting licenses are broke up into the 3 primary categories/weapons… Archery, gun, muzzleloader. The archery license, gives you (6) tags. The gun license gives you (2) tags, and the muzzleloader license also gives you (2) tags. They are all $300, whichever season you hunt. I believe you can buy the gun and muzzleloader license/tags $300 each ($600 total) and you will get (2) tags for each season (4 total).

So, for him to say he had the license, makes no sense. What license? There is no standard deer hunting license for NR’s. It’s just the season you’re hunting. Again, if you chose the NR archery deer license, you can’t hunt (with gun/muzzy) the two other seasons, but you can still bow hunt on your archery license. Sorry if I confused you, sometimes I ramble. Imagine being my teacher in school. :)

Does that make sense?

13-Oct-22
Ok....that is better. Back when I lived there years ago and as I recall, Maryland has/had a similar 3 season set up however you can buy all 3 and hunt all 3 if you choose. I guess we'd need to know what type of hunting license he is talking about that he purchased?? We of course know he didn't have the archery one. I suspect more will come out later.

13-Oct-22
How many times has this type of story replayed? I wish bowhunting was back to the days when guys were just happy to fill a tag. So many only want big antlers and will do anything to get them. There is nothing wrong when people graduate to the point of trophy hunting for big antlers, its just when newer or younger guys start out thinking they need to pass everything that doesn't score 160. I would hunt with my bow if I could only hunt does and some would just as soon take a set of antlers if they didn't have to get their hands bloody.

13-Oct-22
Social Media horn porn fame has ruined so many guys.

Used to be women and whiskey ruined a man.

13-Oct-22
JL… “ I guess we'd need to know what type of hunting license he is talking about that he purchased??”

I suspect he didn’t have ANY hunting license. That was more of an attempt of damage control on his social media page. If he did, he should’ve noted as such… “small game hunting” etc.

He made an apology video late last night where he continued the lies in order to make people feel sorry for him. I called him out on the “I thought I had all the license and stuff, but forgot the tags.” He blocked me on his page. lol Although, I never followed him. He’s a douchebag. A certain Oklahoma game warden I discussed this with last night used the word “idiot”. :)

Also, as others have stated, if he knew he was in the wrong, why not self report your shortcomings? Bet you he would’ve gotten off a lot better than he did.

13-Oct-22
I used to see a lot of out state guys in Kansas make the mistake of getting the tags and never buying the license. You used to be able to get tags without buying the license. I think Kansas has since fixed the problem now making you buy the license before applying for tags. This situation does not sound the same though.

13-Oct-22
Dbl post

13-Oct-22
Sad… him not you

13-Oct-22
That wasn't a mistake Slate

13-Oct-22
Yea, Todd, in Oklahoma, they went to weapon of choice as I discussed earlier. If he had bought the ARCHERY license, the tags are included with the purchase of the license.

13-Oct-22

jensbear's embedded Photo
jensbear's embedded Photo
I have a hunt scheduled for Oklahoma in November, this thread made me double check that I have purchased the right license.....I am a non-res. I am so sick of these poaching stories. We see it every year and it seems to get worse with all the "celebrity" status that comes with killing a trophy animal. Sad indeed.

13-Oct-22

John… these are from the license purchase portal on ODWC app. As long as you are archery hunting and have the license, you should be good. If you click on the black circle with the “i” on it, it opens up a box and shows you more info. Good luck!

13-Oct-22
OK ...so the guy steroid fed his own buck, might as well be HF...........thanks JL for setting that straight.

Do you think that buck put on that much horn on its own without special help?

13-Oct-22
Bruce… I do believe it was a natural freak NT deer. As I think you know, they are VERY rare. There was A LOT of people that knew of this buck too. The wardens I’m certain knew of it too. He might’ve killed over a “failure spinner”, but it was deemed legit. This is also the reason I feel they were aware where the kid hunted, and when the timeframe didn’t match up when he bought the tag and E-checked this years deer, the wardens were immediately pinged by data entry.

19-Oct-22

midwest's Link
So I guess that wasn't the only big buck poached that day in OK.

19-Oct-22
Congratulations Lance! You're FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

19-Oct-22
"Nonresidents: Nonresident antelope hunters are exempt from a hunting license while hunting antelope, but they must possess a nonresident antelope license for each antelope hunted (unlesss exempt) or a resident lifetime hunting or combination hunting/fishing license."

For you guys that know OK regulations... Last year I applied for a NR Pronghorn Rifle tag basically to buy a point. The regs say I don't have to have a hunting license but in order to buy the point it forced me to buy a hunting license also. Any insight on this? How am I miss-reading or not understanding the system?

19-Oct-22
I'm not buying his story. Seems to me that a nonres who had put so much time, money and energy into his lease would make absolutely certain that he was following the letter of the law. It's pretty simple: You don't go to the woods without your license and tags.

19-Oct-22
Should be banned from OK!

19-Oct-22
Plain sorry

19-Oct-22
Don’t worry they are gonna ban him from Oklahoma and the rest of the states in the compact,I think it’s 39 now. But I forget he hunts without a license so he’ll show up again .You’re right he’s famous,wonder if he has kids who catch crap at school because of famous daddy.

19-Oct-22

Midwest… seems these two guys were friends as well. They both used the same excuse too. My question to Lance was what “license” did he buy, that he said he bought? They don’t sell a big game hunting license or general BIG GAME hunting license for NR. I posed this question to Lance Young on his IG page after he gave his sad, poor me, “honest mistake” video, and was then blocked from his IG page. He doesn’t like the truth, as most liars wouldn’t. He knew, I knew and didn’t want me calling him out any further. ;)

Catscratch… I believe for the draw, you can buy a small game license (marked in blue), and put in for the draw. Then, if you get drawn, you buy the $306 antelope license/tag. Pretty sure that’s how it works, but I could be wrong. So, if you put in for the antelope draw, you would be out $75 for the small game license and $5 for the draw entry. $80 total. This $80 also allows you to put in for all of the other big game categories that the state offers in draw hunts . Do you remember how much you paid to get the point?

19-Oct-22
I watched his apology in Instagram. Actually it seemed legit to me. People do make mistakes there are consequences for those mistakes and he is paying for that right now. In the grand scheme of things this isn't the worst mistake ever made. I'm glad he admitted to his wrong doing and willing to accept the consequences.

This past summer I was fishing with my son. Before we went on the lake I checked my wallet for my license, old license. I knew I purchased one that year but you need to have it on you. Luckily I was able to find some service and download the license to my phone. Ya, I should've printed it off before fishing but getting the whole family ready for camping occupied my mind. I can see a mistake happening like this. Hey, I was driving to go hunting and forgot my bow! This stuff happens, not to excuse the behaviour but why not try and forgive the guy since he was disciplined for it.

19-Oct-22
I bought the 5 day license. What confused me was the line saying I didn't need a license to hunt, but then I was forced to buy one to apply for the draw. Figured I was doing something wrong. Honestly didn't look at other big game animals but if the money is spent anyway I might as well play the odds.

19-Oct-22
I forgive him RJ… but he continued with lying in his video, you probably didn’t catch that, but I did. And yea, he’s paying for it. I can GUARANTEE you, if I’m going out of state to hunt, I’d forget my boots before I’d forget my license and tags. Also, self reporting right away would’ve been the avenue I’d have taken. ;)

• Sitka Gear