Ollie 14-Oct-22
Hunt4jesus 14-Oct-22
Jordan 14-Oct-22
JohnMC 14-Oct-22
Glunt@work 14-Oct-22
70lbDraw 14-Oct-22
Jordan 14-Oct-22
14-Oct-22
Looking for an honest and dependable elk outfitter? High success on a raghorn/decent bull. Wyoming prefer but anywhere i guess. Birthday trip, once in lifetime hunt for me. Thanks did a diy/ swap hunt in september in utah and it was definitely not what i expected or told. Lots of negatives from that trip.

14-Oct-22
"Thanks did a diy/ swap hunt in september in utah and it was definitely not what i expected or told. Lots of negatives from that trip.""

this is par for the course regarding guided hunts in my experience.. good luck man

14-Oct-22
How many points you got in WY?

14-Oct-22
New Mexico is a good place to look with landowner tags. What's your budget?

14-Oct-22
Give Forestbows here on Bowsite a call he runs a good outfit in Colorado.

14-Oct-22
I have 2 points in wyoming, so from what i have read it will take 4 or 5. I would be willing to party app with someone. I have a buddy wanting to go but he is going for mule deer. We are open to any state, and Will put in for New Mexico and donate. After spending way more than expected on this swap hunt, I probably should of just waited and went private somewhere this yr. I swapped gator tags for an elk hunt. It was public otc in utah, and it just went south from the gator hunt. Honestly I hate to spend over 7k for an outfit, where anything could happen and I could have a chance of bad experience or no animals seen. That would be a tough one to swallow 2 years in a row. 11k out and still no elk. This will be it for me, its addicting and all i watch now. Whitetail barely excite anymore since i went elk, but all i can afford for myself is one trip. My 2 boys will be next and getting them on some adventures. Only live once andnot promised tomorrow!

14-Oct-22
Define “decent bull.” 300”? 350”? Size of bull you want will help determine where you hunt and how much you will pay.

14-Oct-22
raghorn lol! with the chance to shoot a real good bull. If a raghorn comes out i will not pass it! A bull is a dream hunt for me, so my trophy is a legal (non spike) elk. That is why diy tempted me, and after i bought my gear and everything, we rode in the vehicle 95% of time, and never used anything i figured id need. Plus he cut trip short 2 1/2 days after i changed my flights. So at this point i wont be picky. Yes i know it be tough to pay 6500.00 for a small bull, but i could never pass an opp. knowing i may never get another chance.

14-Oct-22

Jordan's Link
Flattops Adventures

14-Oct-22
For $6500 you could easily do 3 DIY hunts and cover your tags, and travel. Collect points in a few states and do a few hunts. Hunt a draw unit you have to get a handful of points for will usually be better than a OTC they just get to much pressure to expect to stay in elk. There are exceptions for sure but odds of stumbling on a good OTC public spot from FL is tough. From what you said above you like hunting elk, just trying to keep you from blowing money you are willing to spend on a one week hunt. I am not sure that a hunt you pay $6500 for will have super high odds of killing a elk. At least far from a done deal. Good Luck.

14-Oct-22
What's your time like? With 2 weeks DIY on Colorado public, multiple elk encounters and a chance at a bull is very realistic. Takes some research but not really more than what what should go into researching an outfitter. And you can do it multiple years and still be well under $7k.

Other than high fence or really high $$$, most outfitted hunts can also be slow due to many factors.

An outfitter with 50% archery success on bulls is doing really well.

If for sure going outfitted, definitely put Flattop Adventures in the running. Just the reviews here on Bowsite show they are working hard.

14-Oct-22
As a smartass, I was going to say, depending on your fashion sense, a top notch “cow outfit” should really attract them…if you wear it right.

Sorry…carry on…

14-Oct-22
Boooooo......LOLOLOL

• Sitka Gear