sundowner 17-Oct-22
Ironbow 17-Oct-22
JL 17-Oct-22
Bou'bound 19-Oct-22
milnrick 19-Oct-22
Cheesehead Mike 21-Oct-22
Beaneater 21-Oct-22
16-Oct-22
My lighted nocks are too loose as in falling off. No problem with factory nocks. Falling off loose. Two different kinds of lighted nocks both are way too loose. How can I fix this problem. Thanks for your replies.

16-Oct-22
Wrap a little teflon tape around the nock ? Shouldn’t be enough weight to make a difference. I’d at least try it.

16-Oct-22
Sorry I meant falling off the string.

16-Oct-22
Give a few wraps around the seating with dental floss.

16-Oct-22
I reserve the string when that happens.

16-Oct-22
Put last 3/16ths inch of nock in boiling water and squeeze gently then put under Cold water.

16-Oct-22
I've squeezed regular knocks to make a better fit - never tried it with lighted knocks. As Elmer Fud would say "be warry, warry careful"

16-Oct-22
You should really reserve your serving with a larger diameter thread. Don’t mess around.

16-Oct-22
do it right, re serve with the appropriate size serving

17-Oct-22
If you can't get different sized lighted nocks that fit, reserve with larger serving. If your regular nocks are now too tight, replace them with larger sized nocks.

17-Oct-22
If you're using a nock loop, serve over the area between loop knots with dental floss or regular small diameter serving material. You can adjust the serving diameter to achieve the exact nock tension you want.

17-Oct-22
Squeezing nocks can lead to accuracy issues. Be careful doing that.

17-Oct-22

JL's Link
My two pennies. If only one nock does it...throw it away. If several or all nocks do it...probably time to redo the serving. You could try doing BB's method to one nock and see what happens to accuracy. However I would be concerned with the integrity of the "ear's" on the nock's groove after heating/reshaping it.

19-Oct-22
Put last 3/16ths inch of nock in boiling water and squeeze gently then put under Cold water.

19-Oct-22
Follow Bou's suggestion. We've done it for years using both lighted and conventional type nocks. Haven't had that problem since.

If they slip out of the shaft or wont fit snug use a small and thin strip of paper (lumenock's old instruction sheets had templates on them) hold the paper on the side of tge shaft and insert. Once seated tear off the excess and you're goid to go.

21-Oct-22

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Remove the nock and put a piece of a thin plastic bag (Walmart bag) over the end of the shaft.
Remove the nock and put a piece of a thin plastic bag (Walmart bag) over the end of the shaft.
Push the nock down thru the plastic until it's seated.
Push the nock down thru the plastic until it's seated.
Trim off the excess plastic. The nock will be tight but still removable with a pliers. If the nock is still loose, double up the plastic bag.
Trim off the excess plastic. The nock will be tight but still removable with a pliers. If the nock is still loose, double up the plastic bag.
I realize this thread is about nocks fitting loose on the string but here's a little trick to tighten up nocks that are loose in the shaft.

21-Oct-22
Thanks for all the replies and advice. I ended up serving with dental floss and it worked great.

• Sitka Gear