caribou77 21-Oct-22
Ermine 21-Oct-22
carcus 21-Oct-22
TJS 23-Oct-22
arch2112 23-Oct-22
Sivart 23-Oct-22
18-Oct-22
I don’t want to conduct a search.

I am just after folks opinions that have used these heads, how they liked them?

I’d appreciate any feedback on them. Thank you guys

18-Oct-22
I’ve shot one buck. He ran 80 yards in snow with not one drop spilled until he hit the ground. Anecdotal but I love the head. They are built like a tank compared to other mechanicals.

18-Oct-22
As mentioned above, they are constructed better than any other mechanical I have shot to date. My experience has been with the Sevr 1.5 on whitetails. They have penetrated well, not failed, and I have recovered all deer that I have shot with them with relatively short blood trails. The blood trails haven't been real impressive though and they do tend to rattle in my quiver when I shoot which I think is a common trait. When I go back to mechanicals for deer and black bear, I will shoot them again without reservation. Hope that helps ya. I have killed a half dozen or so deer with them.

18-Oct-22
I hated the stupid rubber bands. Drove me nuts. Not a fan

18-Oct-22
I appreciate all the input. They do seem like they’re built very well.

How’re the blades for strength? Do they hold up well? Thanks you guys for your time!

18-Oct-22

Bowboy's embedded Photo
Bowboy's embedded Photo
I shot a mulie buck with the 1.5 and he only went 50yds. First animal I ever shot with a mechanical.

18-Oct-22
I’ll Be shooting them out of my new bow I had set up for my whitetail hunt this year.

It’s a 80 lbs prime inline 5.

450 grain arrow going 303 fps

I went with the new 2” cut.

I truly don’t anticipate penetration problems.

18-Oct-22
They are really tough. I used the 2 inch titanium a lot with a crossbow last season and they were amazing. I have the 1.5 for my vertical bow this year. I still like the standard 1 inch slick trick 125 but couldn’t find them last year so I tried SEVR. I shot one buck at 40 yards and the head blew through and stuck 2 inches into a tree. When I got it out it still looked perfect. I also too my biggest whitetail last year in VA and the exit would was absolutely crazy. I could put both hands in the exit hole and the blood trail was crazy.

18-Oct-22
They are really tough. I used the 2 inch titanium a lot with a crossbow last season and they were amazing. I have the 1.5 for my vertical bow this year. I still like the standard 1 inch slick trick 125 but couldn’t find them last year so I tried SEVR. I shot one buck at 40 yards and the head blew through and stuck 2 inches into a tree. When I got it out it still looked perfect. I also too my biggest whitetail last year in VA and the exit would was absolutely crazy. I could put both hands in the exit hole and the blood trail was crazy.

18-Oct-22
I think they have great customer service. That being said I use them in Africa and did not do well with them They failed on smaller animals

18-Oct-22
How’d they fail? Not open?

18-Oct-22
I started using them this year.

70 lb bow 516 grain total arrow weight(FMJ’s) 2” cut Sevr

I shot 2 antelope this year so far, 28yard and 21 yard shot. Neither ran very far. I was very impressed with them. Also I think I would have probably had pretty much the same result with any head taking into account where I hit them and the distance. I did have iron wills in my quiver for elk, but plan to continue using Sevr for deer and antelope. They fly great and I like how you can put the screw in for practice.

18-Oct-22
Penetration issue on impala at 14 yards as well as warthog at 19 yards. Great people but the head just didn't do well. 60 lbs. Bowtech solution 500 grain arrow Easton axis.

18-Oct-22
They are great heads. You won’t have any penetration issues. I shoot the 2” models for everything but elk and have shot 3 deer with the same head. I can’t remember how many I have killed with Sevrs now but they are tough and fly great. Cons are rattling in the quiver and they don’t put as much blood on the ground as other mechanicals. I really like Trypans but can’t deal with them opening in my quiver. The Sevr is the best overall option for me. They might not put as much blood on the ground as others but deer go down quick with Sevrs.

18-Oct-22
Shot my biggest buck ever through the femur and through heart. 1.5’s watched him drop in open field. Went 90 yards.

Then shot a whitetail doe quarter to great shot great blood considering I exited guts. She went 45 yards. Then used a 2.0 Robusto made a not great shot on a mulie doe quartering to surprising good blood trail. Gave her an hour I was 4 hours from home slipped in the way she went and she was basically toast already couldn’t get up. One lung and into guts went 85 yards.

Overall I’d say same blood type performance as a Rage just way tougher head and more accurate IMO

18-Oct-22
All of this feed back is excellent. I appreciate all the experiences with them for sure.

I do wonder why the overall experience is, not outstanding blood trails. Any opinions on that?

19-Oct-22
May be the pivoting blades, Jeff.

19-Oct-22
I agree with Nick. I think sometimes with the pivoting blade you don’t get the full cutting diameter.

19-Oct-22

Blood's embedded Photo
Quartering to entrance hole.
Blood's embedded Photo
Quartering to entrance hole.
My son shot a 120lb field dressed doe with the 2.0. Full pass thru. Head was in great condition after burying in the ground. Entrance hole in the pic. Not a huge blood trail. Doe went about 70 yards.

19-Oct-22
I have shot close to a dozen whitetail with them, they are a very well built head. They fly like darts. My issue with them is the lack of blood trails with them. A couple of the deer have had ZERO blood. For this reason I have changed back to the Rage hypodermic where I have never had an issue with lack of blood trails.

19-Oct-22
It’s interesting because the lack of blood trail is exactly why I hate heads like snuffer ss and Montecs and any other similar head.

I was hoping the sevr would produce the damage I’m Looking for. I love the grim reapers but they have such a small Entrance.

We’ll give the sevr a chance and see what happens.

Thanks you guys!

19-Oct-22
I used the 1.5" Ulmer Edge for two years back about 7-8 years ago. Same blade and locking design and almost the identical head as the Sevr. After Ulmer Edge production ceased for a couple years the head came back onto the market as the Sevr.

Anyway, quit using them due to the worst blood trails I ever had plus a few bad experiences. And I gave them a legitimate two year test bringing home a grizzly, Roosevelt elk, Coues, Blacktail, Whitetail deer and a Black bear.

On the plus side they were great flying heads and offered the ability to pre-shoot the heads with the blades locked closed.

Bottom line, I wasn't a fan based on personal experience. Give me a 3-blade or 4-blade head any day.

19-Oct-22
Man that sucks hear these things about the crappy blood trails. The pivoting blades definitely make sense though as a possible reason for this.

The illustration looks great on paper but I truly have to wonder what really happens inside the animal with the pivoting motion.

19-Oct-22
I use SEVRs and have had good luck with them. To me, it's going to be difficult for any 2-blade head to produce as good of blood trails as a 3 or 4 blade, just seems like common sense based on the geometry of the hole(s). Also, a blood trail depends so much on if you have an entrance AND an exit and where those holes are.

I've shot several deer from a tree where I had a low exit hole that had great blood trails. I shot a bull elk with a SEVR 2.0 in September... quartering away, arrow buried to the knock mid body up and down, but hit the offside shoulder so no exit hole. Bull ran full speed for 14 seconds and fell laying on the entrance hole. Very little blood to follow but where he fell was an absolute lake of blood. So it's not that the head didn't cause massive damage while penetrating, it's that I had one hole midway up the body, so the entire cavity had to fill up before leaving a trail, and the trail was 14 seconds long.

19-Oct-22
A lot of 2 blade mechanicals create massive hemorrhaging. I can see how a fixed 2 blade wouldn’t cause that much.

I did figure it being a very wide cut mechanical, that blood would be very good.

19-Oct-22
I guess what I'm saying is, in my experience, the SEVR does create massive hemorrhaging, but the number and location of potential exits determines how much ends up on the ground. On my recent elk, seemingly all of the blood ended up on the ground where he fell, but almost none on the ground as he was running at full speed for 14 seconds, because there was only one hole mid-way up the body cavity. That's a lot of space to fill up before spilling out.... I don't believe any head would have been any different.

19-Oct-22
DC.... I shoot a 2 blade fixed. It's made by Rexpid. I do so because of low compound weight 45 lbs. But blood trails has been good. Also the Sevr out of a Ravin R10, crossbow is devastating.

20-Oct-22
Thanks everyone!

20-Oct-22
Used the 2.0 titanium for the first time on a WY pronghorn; 20 yd. broadside passthrough stuck in the ground other side. Blades undamaged. Removed them and resharpened better than new...good to go again.

21-Oct-22
Shot an antelope buck quartering to me hard at 30yds this year. Arrow blew through the front shoulder and stuck halfway out the back. Didn’t look for a blood trail, he only ran 15yds and died

Shot a doe antelope at 20. Complete pass through good blood

I shoot the 2.0

21-Oct-22
I used the 1.5” 125 grain last fall. Never needed to to blood trail as the deer went down in sight. Love the design but this year went back to my slick trick 125 standards.

21-Oct-22
I’m not a fan of them. Not a fan of the pivoting blade. I tried the Ulmer edges (same thing as sevr) back in the day and had bad experiences with great hits using those heads.

21-Oct-22
^ X2, I think they are close to being a great head, except the pivoting blades

23-Oct-22
I'm a fan. Used 1.5 Titanium for elk. Kills whitetail just fine. Durable and effective.

23-Oct-22
I've used the 2.1 out of a 60lb bow and had great success in the past. This year tried a 2.0 with my 65lb bow. 15 yard shot at a steep angle, quartering away on a decent sized doe last week. Broad head hit only lungs and just the tip made it through through the other side (behind the front leg). She ran off and heard her crash. 60 yards is all she made it. Didn't get a huge hole on exit so the blood trail was just drops at first but found her without really trying. The bh smashed through a rib on entry. The blades were slightly bent but intact. The tip and ferrule are perfect. I'll replace the blades and reuse. They are not that sharp out of the package imo but in minutes I get them deadly with my Spyderco Sharp Maker. I'm a fan.

23-Oct-22
Not a fan. Having shot a lot of diff mechanical heads, these gave me the worst blood trails. Don't like the pivoting blades. I never lost an animal with them, but a lot of them went a lot further than they should have, based on the shot placement. I've had entry and exit holes that were only 1" or less. I believe this is because of the pivoting blades. I gave up on them. Just my opinion.

• Sitka Gear