Matt 20-Oct-22
Glunt@work 20-Oct-22
Grey Ghost 20-Oct-22
Ermine 20-Oct-22
APauls 20-Oct-22
APauls 21-Oct-22
MOBEN 21-Oct-22
19-Oct-22
My 10x42 ELs broke this week. They are over 20 years old. Is there a time limit on the warranty? Has anyone sent theirs in for repairs?

Thanks

19-Oct-22
I dont think there is a limit on warranty. I sent in a pair last year and was quite happy. The process of getting them there is a little complicated, but they took care of me. I dropped them out of a tree and they landed on a boulder. Fixed no charge, even though I wrote a letter stating it was totally my fault. Cant beat that.

19-Oct-22
Pat,

I have sent my 10x42EL’s and 15x56’s in for repair and refurbishment a few years ago.

The 15’s were badly scratched and the out of alignment from falling in a rock pile when my tripod blew over. Totally my fault.

The 10’s were just out of alignment and the exterior was pretty worn from lot of years of use. Also, my fault. I think I have sent the 10’s in twice over the more than 20 years I have been using the hell out of them.

They charged a small fee and both pairs came back like new. They called me and asked if I wanted the lenses replaced and gave me an estimated cost before they did anything. Pretty quick turnaround as I remember. I can’t remember what the fees were but they were not bad for the results.

19-Oct-22
Just FYI swaro will take care of you. I recently had my spotter blow over in the wind down into a boulder field, which later I found out not only dented the main housing but cracking it severely damn near in half. I sent it in and I think they quoted me like $120, for the complete overhaul on my spotter. Which I gladly agreed too. Got it back like brand new!! They will take care of you...

19-Oct-22
Another very satisfied Swaro warranty user here, Pat.

Matt

19-Oct-22
They completely rebuild my SLC that are over 30 years old at no charge. The only old part was the frame.

19-Oct-22
Mine weren't that old, but I too sent mine in for repair and was more than happy with the results. Honestly, I think that's part of what you're buying when you drop the coin on Swaros

19-Oct-22
You’ll be fine. Have Charlie Run them into Cranston personally and they will do even more for you.

19-Oct-22
Like GFL I sent a pair in for something and they called wanted to upgrade them to the newer version at no cost. Have always been happy with their support and service.

19-Oct-22
I recently had my eye cups start breaking. I googled Swarovski called and told them what was going on. Gal sent me an email said to send pic of damage and model number. So I did and no response after a few days. So I called gal in email back. Come to find out Swarovski optics is not the same as Swarovski you think once I said binoculars they would have told me that. They do jewelry,watches and such. Once I got a hold of right people no problem had replace cups in a few days.

19-Oct-22
I would be absolutely shocked if there was any issue at all. They have outstanding product support.

19-Oct-22
I sent in my 25 yr old SLCs due to a tight focus knob.

They gave me the option…fix for free…or go though the whole bino for $175. I did the latter…and they ended up sending me a whole new bino.

19-Oct-22
Same results here. I sent in a pair of 10x42 SLC's that I have absolutely abused for 20 years and they came back good as new. $0

19-Oct-22
Yes there is a time limit… found out the hard way, was told no issue send them in and then told no longer work on such from late 1990’s… was offered a new pair with a percentage off… I said send them back, told 2 months and finally arrived, they don’t have a life time warranty… I was out time and shipping cost. Go with Ziess or Nikon…

19-Oct-22
I have a pair of Leica 7x42s that are from the '70s-'80s era when they were still branded under the Leitz name. They've lost their seal and fog up from the inside in rainy conditions, and they need new eye cups. I'd gladly pay for the repairs. What are the chances they'd still work on them? Anyone have any experience with Leica customer service?

Matt

19-Oct-22
My experience with Leica (needed replacement objective lens caps for 15x56 Geovids) was great about 2 years ago. Phone call to them and they dropped a pair in the mail that day. Got them in Canada within 10 days or so which is fast given customs. I've read Leica is trying to improve customer service over the past few years. My experience was certainly good.

As per Swaro, never had to use customer service/repairs and I've owned two pair of EL 10x42s, one pair going on 20 years and the other pair 10 years.

19-Oct-22
Thanks, Kurt. My old Leica/Leitz are still the best optics I own for anything inside of 200 yards, including my Swaro 10x42 ELs. I'd love to get them repaired. I'll give Leica a call.

Matt

19-Oct-22
I have had great customer service sending my Swaro’s in for service. I have a pair of 8X20’s that I bought in 1996 that have been in twice. The older ones have a lifetime free warranty. They will take good care of you Pat.

19-Oct-22
https://myservice.swarovskioptik.com/s/?language=en_US&gclid=CjwKCAjwwL6aBhBlEiwADycBIKVzQQrY2aAmJJrsGGJ_rtJ8Nn9fjKA2Z7cupsdzJbsvOLnhlIj7ChoCAdoQAvD_BwE

19-Oct-22
"Anyone have any experience with Leica customer service?"

Don't know if they'd still work on the Leitz brand but, I used their service quite some time ago. I had 8x32 BN's that developed small black particles on the inside of the lens. They said it was caused by an O-ring that was breaking down.

The binocs were about 8 years old at the time. I paid shipping and I believe $25 and they repaired them and sent them back in about 3 weeks. I was satisfied.

20-Oct-22
When Swarovski responds back to your request, I bet you are going to feel really good about the money you spent 20 years ago.

20-Oct-22
My buddy has a pair of old 8x32 Leitz. Amazing bowhunting binos. They are on the big auction site for $300-$400. Contemplating grabbing a pair but taking a chance on lens scratches.

20-Oct-22
Glunt, they truly don't make quality binos like they used to, IMO. When I was competing in 3D tournaments, I always carried my Leitz 7x42s. Occasionally, I'd get teased for using such an antique pair of binos, and 7Xs no less! The teasing usually stopped when they looked thru them. After a while, guys would routinely ask to use my Leitz to check the location of their arrows in the targets, even though they had their own binos. If you can confirm those Leitz are in good condition, I wouldn't hesitate to snag them for that price.

Matt

20-Oct-22
Swarovski has some of the best customer service out there. Awesome company

20-Oct-22
I can’t imagine a quality optics provider managing to do business without great warranties anymore. Everyone is doing it you can’t be the odd guy out

21-Oct-22
I can’t imagine a quality optics provider managing to do business without great warranties anymore. Everyone is doing it you can’t be the odd guy out

21-Oct-22
completely rebuilt my ELs for less than 200 dollars

• Sitka Gear