Iowabowhunter 25-Oct-22
loesshillsarcher 26-Oct-22
Iowabowhunter 26-Oct-22
Rock 23-Dec-22
LTG 11 28-Dec-22
Mike Ukrainetz 28-Dec-22
21-Oct-22
Hey all,

In the absolute very beginning stages of thinking about/planning a Dall sheep hunt-looking at '25 most likely, if not '26. Unfortunately the search function is down-i've favorited a few hunt recaps, but am looking to read everything I can from the fellow bowsiters that have chased the white ram of the North, whether or not they've brought a ram back home.

This will be my first "expedition" type hunt- when I lived in MT I did some spike camp type hunts off my back-however being 34 I want to get these big time type hunts on the calendar before I'm too old to physically handle the hunt- and before they become unreachable price wise.

I have a far off dream of chasing after the "Super Ten"- not for the notoriety or anything I just grew up reading Chuck & Dwight's articles & fell in love with the idea of chasing critters all over N.A. I'm "building" points in Montana (I have close to no hope, but i'll keep putting in anyway) for moose sheep & goat- but realistically I'm going to have to book outfitted hunts for those three species.

I'll keep playing the lotto game, but I'm determined to head N (looking hard at NWT/Yukon) before my late 30's for the first big one.

I am a big reader as well, if anyone has a favorite thinhorn book/author they like please feel free to share the names as well.

21-Oct-22

Treeline's Link
Here is a combo mountain caribou and Dall Sheep hunt in the NWT that I did a few years ago. Not sure if the pictures will come through. Seems like a lot of the pictures get lost over time on the bowsite.

21-Oct-22
Thanks Tavis!

21-Oct-22

Earltex's Link
Here are two of my hunts.

21-Oct-22

Earltex's Link
And the second one.

21-Oct-22
PS the Tavis mentioned in Earl’s posts is one of only a couple that I know of. Not many of us around!

21-Oct-22
Since the Bowsite search doesn’t work simply try your favorite internet search engine and type in the phrase “Bowsite Dall Sheep”. I found a few pages of threads using Google.

21-Oct-22

Treeline's Link
I have a few saved on my favorites. This one is a great read.

21-Oct-22

JTreeman's Link
Here is a like to my stone sheep hunt in BC in 2019.

—jim

21-Oct-22

Treeline's Link
Gene (huntinelk)’s hunt with MMO

21-Oct-22

Treeline's Link
Greg’s hunt with the Lancasters

21-Oct-22
Probably more than a few I didn’t get saved to my favorites. Hopefully some more will get dropped in! Sheep hunts are awesome!

21-Oct-22
Here is a like to my stone sheep hunt in BC in 2019.

My biggest takeaway from re-reading this is that it's amazing how much one person's hair can grow in such a short time...

21-Oct-22
Thanks all!

I meant to say that I'm looking at NWT, Yukon & Alaska as options for my Dall hunt.

21-Oct-22
Its a shame the pictures in my posts are not visible. They really add to the story.

21-Oct-22
Looking on a desk top computer about half of the pics in our older threads will show. None show on my phone.

21-Oct-22
If viewing on a phone turn it 90 degrees for the desktop view. Some of the pics show up in most threads. I got about 75% to show doing this in your first thread Earl.

21-Oct-22
Check out Jake’s hunts for his super slam he got all four in a very short period of time it seemed like it was basically over a long weekend

I still think that’s the most amazing accomplishment of any bowsiter as documented on the site ………..him getting the slam with archery in an insanely short period of time

21-Oct-22

Bowfinatic 's Link
My hunt from last year

21-Oct-22
Damn good one^^^

21-Oct-22
This is awesome - great thread Jake and thank you all for posting the links. Heading-up to Jonah’s outfit in a few years to give it a go myself. Appreciate the input I’ve received from some of you already and will be certain to share the experience.

21-Oct-22

huntinelk's Link
AK hunt last year

25-Oct-22
Up for the day

26-Oct-22
not sure how to bring up old threads but i had a recap of my stones sheep, my desert sheep, and one of my rocky bighorn hunts on here in the past

26-Oct-22
I'll have to see if I can track them down!

23-Dec-22
Shot mine in 1983 at Nahannie Butte NWT, had an article published in Bowhunter Magazine in 1985 I think.

28-Dec-22

LTG 11's Link
Here's another good one.

28-Dec-22
The biggest difference on the NWT compared to Yukon or Alaska is that you can use a helicopter to spot the sheep, fly on top of the mountain, wait 12 hours and go hunt. With 20 hours of daylight in the summer it means you may be dropped off and hunting that same day. I’m not bashing it, it’s just a huge difference that doesn’t get mentioned much. It gives you fresh legs to hunt as much as possible which you just might need on a Dall Sheep bowhunt…

• Sitka Gear