Grey Ghost 23-Oct-22
RonP 23-Oct-22
JL 23-Oct-22
DanaC 24-Oct-22
22-Oct-22

JohnMC's Link
About Sitka

22-Oct-22
You shouldn't have to worry, John, since you sweat your balls off in your antelope blind this year. :-)

Matt

22-Oct-22
I did have some Sitka on some of those days I think

22-Oct-22

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Well there goes that….

22-Oct-22
I guess I should have clarified. I've never been a member of any of those social media platforms, and I don't ever go searching for content on them. It's pretty hard to avoid them when you simply click on a blind link like John's. I actually got a nice chuckle out of that video.

But, thanks for keeping me honest, Nick.

Matt

22-Oct-22
That's funny.

22-Oct-22
I assume this is satire - guy can hardly keep a straight face.

22-Oct-22
Not sure why anyone would bother to post this link.

22-Oct-22
Glunker you don't sound like a guy that would be much fun to grab a beer with. Hell you probably would order a fruit smoothie instead of a beer.

22-Oct-22
That’s hilarious! I met a guy this week that leases his ground to a guy the works for Sitka. Through this, the guy gets his Sitka gear 50% off, and he said it’s still way too expensive. Never had any of that stuff, but I do hear that it’s good quality and keeps you warm.

22-Oct-22
JohnMC, I didn’t think it was funny either, but I don’t care one way or the other. Not bothering me. My first thought was why would I listen to a goober with a nose ring and a neck tat, but then I’m an old fart and don’t do twitter, instagram, tik tok, facebook or much of anything else except hunting sites.

22-Oct-22
Lol..he's a pretty good actor

22-Oct-22
Would it be funny if it were HECS instead of Sitka?

22-Oct-22
Wouldn’t have been funny if it were ________(insert anything here)

23-Oct-22
it is true and his budget is realistic. but, he will have to learn to say that he "runs sitka" meaning he uses their clothing.

that's the new thing now, and it's required if you want to be accepted and viewed as credible. if you use a certain bow, binos, pack, clothing, etc., you must refer to it as "run". old references like "i have and use a hoyt" or "i use swarovski el's" are no longer accepted among the hunting community. in these two examples, the proper reference is "i run a hoyt" or "i plan to run swarovski el's on my moose hunt next year".

hope that helps.

23-Oct-22
Ron, in some cases "roll" and "rock" can be substituted for "run". Usually the adverb "totally" is used in conjunction with these verbs. And, of course, every sentence should start with the word "Like" and there should be an "amazing" thrown in there somewhere.

;-)

Matt

23-Oct-22
The “I run” and “My Kit” are military slang terms. That most likely migrated from the last wars. I found myself using it, and realized it got to be a joke on itself. Many probably remember the canvas Kit bags to carry a lot of our Stuff.

I had a Prodeal with Sitka and Jason gave my great deals on Kuiu when he started.

I like my clothing from both companies. It has its place and most of it is not necessary on back forty whitetail hunts. But is handy where weight and moisture movement is critical.

Even though I have it, and like both brands. I can still Laugh at this video and myself. I can see where the people that “Run” this gear in their “Kit” can exude an elitist image.

Sorry I couldn’t help it.

23-Oct-22
"I had a Prodeal with Sitka and Jason gave my great deals on Kuiu when he started. I can see where the people that “Run” this gear in their “Kit” can exude an elitist image."

LOL. That's good stuff!

23-Oct-22
I'm not a fan of the computerized camo patterns. They stand out against the surroundings. IMO......the older Kings camo and Ghost camo blend in well thru my eyes.

24-Oct-22
ASAT still works. So does WWII camo. Or 'Nam-era 'Tiger Stripe.' Or Tre-Bark. Or Realtree. The 'digital' stuff may fool night vision goggles but deer don't use those, at least not in my neighborhood...

That being said, I have met a few people who take brand identification to extremes ;-)

• Sitka Gear