Dale06 23-Oct-22
Ambush 23-Oct-22
Bou'bound 23-Oct-22
Boris 23-Oct-22
nchunter 23-Oct-22
swp 23-Oct-22
sitO 23-Oct-22
22-Oct-22
Does anyone have any first hand experience ( no pun intended ) using the Sitkas Incinerator hand muff ? I have Raynawds Phenomenon in my hands ( nerve damage from chemotherapy ) that makes my hands super sensitive to going numb in cold weather. Just wondering if the muff is worth the $139.00 cost compared to other versions like the Cabela's model that costs $49.99. Any feedback is appreciated.

22-Oct-22
No experience with Sitka’s version, but the Cabelas muff should work plenty good enough, even with your Raynaud’s. My hands get sweaty in the Cabelas muff, with a couple of hand warmers tucked inside, even in sub zero temps.

22-Oct-22
I have it, it’s fantastic. Warm, wind proof and silent. It has to be really really cold for to stick a hand warmer pack inside.

22-Oct-22
I just put my hands between two pillows

22-Oct-22
sitO, is that a reference to Planes, Trains and Automobiles? If so, I like it!!

23-Oct-22
"Those aren't pillows"

23-Oct-22
“And that’s not my hand”

23-Oct-22
I had the same question a few years ago, I chose to go with the cabelas option as I couldn't justify the price difference and I feel I made the right decision, it keeps my hands plenty warm especially if combined with chemical hand warmer

23-Oct-22
I bought a Sitka muff, steeply discounted at a close out sale several years ago, otherwise I wouldn't have one. I've used a few other ones before that with not great results. The Sitka is definitely warmer and user friendly with the little pockets inside for chemical heaters. I routinely put in ten hour sits in well below 0 F. and don't get cold hands now. If that one got lost, I'd be looking hard for a sale on another one. I also have a mild case of Raynaud's and get way less of the blueish orange skin.

The muffs are great to keep your phone warm and handy to so you can be dicking around on Bowsite and look up just in time to see a shooter buck's butt leaving your shooting lanes.

23-Oct-22

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Guys that are dicking around on their phones while in the tree, deserve to miss out on a shooter buck!………..No, it hasn’t happened to me….yet ;-)

Here’s just the ticket for eliminating cold fingers while texting (and perusing Bowsite) from the stand, Rod.

23-Oct-22
All Sitka all the time. $140 for the hand muff is a steal.

23-Oct-22
I don’t hunt much in real cold weather any more. But there’s no way that I’d spend $140 for that Sitka thing. There’s much cheaper alternatives and a chemical hand warmer to help is a good idea.

23-Oct-22
^^^Well of course, if you don’t hunt in very cold weather, you don’t need cold weather clothes.

23-Oct-22
The other options don’t have Sitka camo pattens So it really is the best option. A lot of deer are alive today due to mismatched muffs and outer garment “camo clash”. Don’t cut corners. Buy the best and enjoy the hunt.

23-Oct-22
Go to the Raynaud site. There is a magazine called the glove magazine.

23-Oct-22
I use the sitka mitten style cold weather gloves. For rifle hunting they are great since you can flip the finger section back to press the trigger. I don't care how cold it is if you put a handwarmer in each they keep your hands toasty.

23-Oct-22
Just saw that First Lite had their muff for $90. Merino wool fleece, wind proof/water proof. It's a steal....

23-Oct-22
Kuiu down Glommits are better imo

• Sitka Gear