Shuteye 27-Oct-22
Buckdeer 27-Oct-22
Buckdeer 27-Oct-22
12yards 27-Oct-22
APauls 27-Oct-22
24-Oct-22

12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
You talking about these SOBs? If so, I don't have a solution. I literally stomped as much of it down as I could in one of my hunting areas.

24-Oct-22
Tyvek coveralls? Not the quietest thing, but light, packs down small and would definitely work. Amazon has them for cheap.

24-Oct-22
Try a pair of cheap denim bibs. They don't stick to them too bad, and wipe off easily.

24-Oct-22
I think that stuff sticks to glass!

24-Oct-22
No suggestion on the bibs but a pumice stone gets them off clothes quick and easy.

24-Oct-22
I agree and have been looking for something also.Bill Winke used to wear a pair of hip tall kinda of light weight waders.I have looked at light weight gaitors as tall as I can find. I want something that slip off and on easy

24-Oct-22
I might check these out https://www.huntsmart.com/products/1150

24-Oct-22
They also have short ones for ticks and chiggers,sign up for 20% off

24-Oct-22

Grey Ghost's Link
Dan's Hunting Gear has a line of "Briar Fighter" bibs and pants that you might look into. I'm considering the insulated bibs for pheasant hunting this year. See link.

Matt

24-Oct-22

12yards's Link
I have this stuff from Cabelas in jacket and pants. It is a good midweight hunting outfit and it's quiet. It will collect these burs, but they are easy to brush off. I like the stuff.

24-Oct-22
My dad had a bluetick hound that would pick them off your clothes. Man I miss that dog!

24-Oct-22
Amazon "burr paw"

24-Oct-22
They are really bad at one of the parks I'm hunting. I was amazed at how easily they'll brush off the KUIU guide pants.

24-Oct-22
We called something else "Beggar's Lice". They were just a small oval shaped flat seed like thing with no "stickers". I bought some kind of a stone from 3Rivers years ago, my Dad scraped them off with his knife blade. If you don't care about noise, maybe a cheap rain suit to get in and out from stand area?

24-Oct-22
I ordered a set from huntsmart,thought if nothing else they will protect legs when walking through sandhill plums or kneeling planting trees etc

24-Oct-22
If you are properly manscaped do they stick to a naked body. Don't know if that is an option in your area though.

24-Oct-22
BURR PAW, really works great!

24-Oct-22

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
Thanks for the recommendation on the Burr Paw. It can't get here soon enough!

24-Oct-22

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo

24-Oct-22
I hate beggars lice. It is definitely the scourge up here. I know my Zion pants aren’t the answer. (Unless the question was “What pants attract beggars lice?”

24-Oct-22
Go to a dollar store and buy a dozens sets of really cheap fleece pants. Walk the paths your going to use getting in and out. By the time you go through all the cheap fleece, your paths should be clear!! ;-)

24-Oct-22
×3 on Burr Paw

25-Oct-22
Or you can just munch on them in your stand. They are edible and good for you....and aggravating as heck.

25-Oct-22
I’ve never seen them as bad where I hunt in Minnesota as this year. When I was hanging stands this fall they were still green so I pulled every one I found along my routes before they got too sticky. Actually feel bad for the deer. They were absolutely covered in trail camera pictures this fall.

25-Oct-22
I have a pair of pants from Nomad that are a soft shell type material, I wipe them off with my hand. Decently quiet and camo. Once in the stand, I layer over them with my bibs.

26-Oct-22
There’s your solution, scoot! Just call Dr. Kachi for your winning lottery numbers, and after you win, you can afford to just buy a new set of Sitka clothes every few hunts! (OK. maybe a couple of sets)

26-Oct-22
It's awful. Make sure you don't spread it when cleaning clothes or poor dogs faces

27-Oct-22
We have beggars lice but some other things that are just as bad. They are about an inch long and straight like a needle with hooks on the end.

27-Oct-22
I got my chaps from hunt smart today and I ordered husky so they would be easy on and off.I think they will be just fine.They are nylon so alittle bit of noise but I think great for working around the orchard and will keep all the sticktites from sticking.My camo I don't worry much about.

27-Oct-22
Forgot to mention I think they will fold up in a qt ziplock

27-Oct-22
True story, I got to my tree, set down my stand, bent over to take the sticks off the stand and put my rear end right into a nest of these buggers. I swear I had a couple hundred spread over my hind end. Do you know how loud these things are scraping on a Lone Wolf seat? I stood for the first half hour pulling burrs off my butt. Wouldn't you know it, I noticed there are a bunch of these plants around that tree now!

27-Oct-22
All I can think of is a rubber rain suit. Or maybe a Goretex rain suit would work too.

• Sitka Gear