Will 28-Oct-22
South Farm 28-Oct-22
Bou'bound 29-Oct-22
Bou'bound 29-Oct-22
fuzzy 29-Oct-22
Hancock West 30-Oct-22
Bou’bound 30-Oct-22
27-Oct-22
Any recommendation for a good sites that focus on political topics of the day. Looking for one that keeps it straight on politics it doesn’t have a bunch of guys posting about bow hunting and stuff on it.

Just looking for a good politics site that sticks to its design and purpose with it distracting from that genre and intent. What do you guys use.

27-Oct-22
I spend most of my time on 24hour campfire. It can be brutal, but I like the lack of moderating. It's also VERY active, keeps things hopping.

27-Oct-22
So many words, so little time……….:-)

27-Oct-22
Bou,

Maybe you should ask for a refund for your membership fee to Bowsite?

27-Oct-22
Bowsite is fine. It’s the political sites I go to that are the issue. they are being corrupted by diverse unfocused topics overtime that take away from the purpose they were built For. Nothing worse than a good debate on national security policy being interrupted by some dude introducing a broadhead debate or blood trail challenge!!!

No issues here and the price is right to boot. No refunds needed.

27-Oct-22

27-Oct-22
Altitude, cat got your tongue? I'm probably with you on this one;0)

27-Oct-22
Check out this website = "The hulltruth" it's mostly a boating -fishing site. There's regional-local fishing groups but also a few general topic forums. Dockside chat has political threads amongst others

I spend a lot of time on the fishing forums during the summer. Keeping up with the tuna bite.

It's a good site.

27-Oct-22
All political sites are vile. I don’t understand why people cannot figure out that the news is just propaganda.

If you insist on hearing about the news, I suggest Jesse Lee Peterson’s show.

27-Oct-22
Bou, how much does Pat pay you to start stupid threads like this….and post more dumb comments on other threads to keep them going? You’re half of what’s posted on Bowsite daily. :)

27-Oct-22
He pays me NOT to post but sometimes there is a higher purpose and motivation than money so I deviate from what would otherwise be in my best interests financially.

27-Oct-22
It’s pretty disingenuous to ask for political site references from a hunting forum that has become dominated with political content. That’s lame even for Bou

Matt

27-Oct-22
timex, I don't think Bou needs a fishing site for advice. He's doing pretty good right now on his own.

27-Oct-22

27-Oct-22
I think its hilarious bc some babies cant look past a few political threads to find something they like to read. This site is very far from being dominated by political threads. Earlier today 5of50 threads on the front page were about politics. Just now 9of50 were. If you think 10% or 20% means dominated im not sure you know what the definition of dominated means. So much for the right to have free speech & expression.

27-Oct-22
What Hancock West said.

28-Oct-22
Hancock west x3

28-Oct-22
Bou, and JohnMc. very talented gentlemen... so we put up with their dry humor, life could be worse. This site has characters that add a little seasoning, nothing bad bout that.

28-Oct-22
“So much for the right to have free speech & expression.”

Bowsite is a private company. Pat determines what speech and expression is allowed on this site. If you can’t live with that then go somewhere else or start your own website.

28-Oct-22
Nothing like stating the very obvious KSF... He apparently allows political posts too so the haters and sensitive sally's can move on.

28-Oct-22
All good points. But Bou has zero intentions of a finding another site that hosts political opinions….like a lot of the posts he starts…..he has no intentions of using any of the answers to better his own knowledge. He just posts stuff to get people to post more stuff. CLICKS. That’s it. ;)

28-Oct-22
Huffington Post.

BAHHHH! I just wanted to see what fun would come from saying that.

Blend major papers and sources, avoid opinion news that just wants to fire up your amygdala via pissing you off to keep you transfixed.

Over and over and over when assessed, that strategy is the most grounded in reality.

For example, WSJ, NYT, APnews.com, Reuters.com. In that combo you are getting a bit right a bit left and pretty down the middle in terms of factual news reporting on the last two.

If you are talking about forums like this that focus on political issues, I got nothing.

28-Oct-22
The way Bou' stirs the pot I'm thinking a cooking website might be more in order..

29-Oct-22
Hancock west x3

29-Oct-22
He pays me NOT to post but sometimes there is a higher purpose and motivation than money so I deviate from what would otherwise be in my best interests financially.

29-Oct-22
Facebook of course!

30-Oct-22
Actually my figures above were wrong. We have 100 topics on page one. Last week we didn't have more than 9of100 topics about politics. Just now we had 8of100 or 8%. Hard to believe people cant look past 8of100 posts.

30-Oct-22
That’s a great point

• Sitka Gear