Bou'bound 30-Oct-22
Bowhunter09 30-Oct-22
wyobullshooter 31-Oct-22
APauls 31-Oct-22
Matt 31-Oct-22
Bou'bound 31-Oct-22
Bou'bound 31-Oct-22
29-Oct-22
Wanted to insure fletching clearance on shaft with blazer vanes and nipped off the tip of the vane at its widest point. Removed maybe 1/16 of inch.

Anyone else ever modify these similarly and if so was there any downside.

29-Oct-22

Bou'bound's embedded Photo

29-Oct-22

29-Oct-22
So your tip is a little short?

29-Oct-22
I shot them tore all to pieces and the they still flew great. If you can't make those fly you have tunings issues.

29-Oct-22
Why don’t you just twist your nock so the cock vane is perpendicular to the string? Shoot a lower profile vane? Move cable guard(if applicable).

30-Oct-22
Or, find out why you have fletching contact…..and then, refletch with a low profile vane with a helical to better steer your arrow. Heck, Bou, send me your arrows and I’ll refletch them for you. Open invite. Don’t half ass it.

30-Oct-22
On one now it looked like there could be slight contact with the cable. Not seeing anything through paper but occasionally An arrow that is less than dart-like out of the bow. Was just trying to eliminate that possibility with a simple adjustment if it had no downside. Not interested in refletching all Arrows to deal with such a minor issue with only one of my bows - rx5 ultra has cable rollers that are fractionally closer to shelf than the 4 ultra.

30-Oct-22
If its working for you with the modifications, no problem

31-Oct-22
I trimmed Blazers for a few years and didn’t notice any difference. A couple years ago I switched to the lower profile AAE Stealth Max Hunters. Problem solved.

31-Oct-22
You should either have a problem or not have a problem not have an intermittent problem IMO. Intermittency is actually a greater problem than fletch contact from my point of view. Your shooting should be consistent every shot from the equipment to your form and follow through.

As to your original question highly doubt you have any issue with that small adjustment. I've had worse just from accidents without effecting arrow flight. Shooting mechs or field points.

31-Oct-22
That is a better option than cutting out the section of cable you were worried the fletching might contact. Not sure how much better though.

31-Oct-22
On one now it looked like there could be slight contact with the cable. Not seeing anything through paper but occasionally An arrow that is less than dart-like out of the bow. Was just trying to eliminate that possibility with a simple adjustment if it had no downside. Not interested in refleting all Arrows to deal with such a minor issue with only one bow rx5 ultra has cable rollers that are fractionally closer to shelf than the 4 ultra.

31-Oct-22

• Sitka Gear