Plum lake 04-Jun-23
Zebrakiller 05-Jun-23
Plum lake 09-Jun-23
Plum lake 09-Jun-23
Plum lake 09-Jun-23
Plum lake 15-Jun-23
30-Oct-22

Plum lake's embedded Photo
If you want to be sitting behind one of these bears. Contact us today and we’ll make it happen
If you want to be sitting behind one of these bears. Contact us today and we’ll make it happen
Now that there is no vaccine mandates and are now allowing everyone back into our beautiful country, let’s all get back to hunting. I have spots open for Spring and Fall Bear and November Whitetail hunts. It’s never too early to book your spot. We are still @ 100% success on harvests the past 12 years. Email us at [email protected] or call (204) 768-0051.

09-Nov-22
We did manage to book some hunts through here off BowSite. So putting it back to the top. Thanks guy/gals for reaching out to us. Appreciate the support.

29-Nov-22
We still have spots open for spring 2023 and 6 tags open for our fall hunt. Our fall hunt is a brand new area that we have just acquired. Has not been hunted in many years.

29-Nov-22
Some nice bears

29-Nov-22
That sounds awesome, I haven't been up there in the bush in the fall, how are the bugs??

11-Dec-22
We still have openings for spring and fall bear for 2023 and also spots open in our Whitetail season for fall 2023

13-Dec-22

Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
cant wait Mike

18-Dec-22
I have 5 spots open for May 28-June 2. This week is prime rut and 5 spots for June 4-9.

Let’s get these spots filled up.

18-Dec-22
I am looking forward to the trip in May. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm for blk bear.

19-Dec-22
You’re hunting an awesome in the bear woods Shawn and it’s going to be a blast.

19-Dec-22
Looking forward to it as I know Zeberakiller speaks very highly of your camp.

03-Jan-23

We will be at the Wisconsin Open Season Sportsman Expo March 24-26. Come on down for a visit and let’s talk hunting. We’ll be at booth 1815. Tickets are on sale now, get yours today.

04-Jan-23
I will have to see if I can swing up that weekend. Might be a good excuse to get away for the weekend

09-Jan-23
Sounds good Shawn. Bill will be there that weekend also.

20-Jan-23

The challenges of getting to some of our bait sits last spring we were forced to bring in canoes and paddle to some sites. When the bait site is on fire you gotta hunt it no matter what is trying to stop you from getting there.

21-Jan-23
Now that looks like a fun adventure.

21-Jan-23

Everyday in bear camp is an adventure. Most days are awesome and then you have days like this. Short 6 mile walk back to camp.

21-Jan-23
Yea, that looks rough.

26-Jan-23

Picked up the last of our sweets for the bears. We are going to have one deadly combination of snacks for them. We still have a few spots open for this spring and fall. Never too late to book your spot.

26-Jan-23

26-Jan-23

26-Jan-23
I was hoping that was the snacks for the week lol

27-Jan-23
YA BABY

27-Jan-23
Hardest part will be to try and keep the hunters and guides out of the candy boxes

29-Jan-23

Road to Paradise. With this cold front that we are experiencing now we are dreaming of getting back out in the woods and start baiting.
Road to Paradise. With this cold front that we are experiencing now we are dreaming of getting back out in the woods and start baiting.

29-Jan-23
Road looks better then the earlier post of your truck stuck.

29-Jan-23
That day was not paradise. but it was before that

29-Jan-23
Been there before. Getting a truck stuck miles from nowhere can really ruin a good day.

30-Jan-23

All winter we are always prepping and gathering all the resources we will need come spring.

31-Jan-23
All winter we are always prepping and gathering all the resources we will need come spring.

01-Feb-23
How much bait do you think you go through in a season?

I am guessing a good amount.

02-Feb-23
We go through approx 20000lbs between the oats, sweets, fryer oil and beef scraps

02-Feb-23
We go through approx 20000lbs between the oats, sweets, fryer oil and beef scraps

02-Feb-23
I figured it would be a lot, but dam that is more then I thought

14-Feb-23

The last of our Bear bait is picked up. 15000 lbs of corn will be hauled out to the bait sites

14-Feb-23
Looks like a lot of work, but the best kind of work!

16-Feb-23
O Mike I cant wait

16-Feb-23
X2 zebrakiller

20-Feb-23
We have a few spots open in a prime Bear hunting week. June 4-9. We have been on a roll at 100% success on kills the past 12 years. There’s still time to book your spring Bear hunt

03-Mar-23

Officially started to get the baits out today. It won’t be long and the snow will start to disappear. Getting excited to see what this spring will produce.

Still have 4 openings for June 4-9 & I’m going to open up another week for 3 hunters for May 7-12.

19-Mar-23
Didn't pull a Bear tag this year for your State? We got you covered. Tags available without drawing. A email or phone call, and we will have your next Bear hunting adventure waiting for you. Limited tags available in our vast wilderness hunting area.

21-Mar-23

See ya soon Mike at open season

21-Mar-23
I cannot wait!!

22-Mar-23
Great outfitter, great accommodations and equipment. Mikey and the guys run a first class operation with fantastic food and lots of bears. Travels take me a different way this year or I’d be back!

25-Mar-23

If your in Wisconsin. Stop by the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells for the Open Season Sportsman expo. We are at booth #1815. Stop by for a chat and book your next Black Bear or Whitetail adventure.

25-Mar-23
Wish I could have made it up.

25-Mar-23
6" to 8" and still coming down here. Should be able to make it Sunday.

27-Mar-23
We had a fantastic weekend and the Kalahari Sportsman's Expo. Talked with many great people, visited with lots of our repeat clients and also made some new ones.

Thank you to all who stoped in for a chat and thank those that trusted us in your next black bear & whitetail hunting adventure.

27-Mar-23
Wish I could have made it up to chat about the May hunt. Unfortunately couldn't make it. See you in May.

31-Mar-23
We have a few openings left for our spring hunt. We have May 7-12 open for 3 hunters. This will be the first week of our hunt. And only 3 hunters will have the camp to themselves. Group rate available. I have one spot open for May 21-26 and 2 spots open for June 4-9.

02-Apr-23

Got a bunch of more baits done today. We will be finishing up what we can with the snowmobile by Wednesday. After that the rest will be done when the snow drops a little more and we can use the quads.

10-Apr-23
1 week closer!

11-Apr-23
With the finally warm weather here in WI this hunt can't get here fast enough .

12-Apr-23
The last two days our snow pretty well disappeared so we’ll be out baiting again here very soon with the quads.

12-Apr-23
Cannot wait to see the trail cam photos.

25-Apr-23

All our baits are done and cameras are up. Bears have already been hitting the baits so it’s looking like a good start to the season.

1 tag still left for the spring hunt. Can be used in either the week May 21-26 or week June 4-9.

25-Apr-23

25-Apr-23
Looks great, I'll be following along closely! We are excited to join you next spring!

25-Apr-23
Thats one interesting looking bear lol

27-Apr-23

Zebrakiller's Link
IM SO READY FOR CAMP

27-Apr-23
Cool video

27-Apr-23
If my math is right about 3 weeks

01-May-23
Any good trail camera photos ?

02-May-23
We are at camp now refilling the baits, hanging stands and checking the cards. Tonight I will be back and try to post a few pics here

02-May-23
Awesome, cannot wait.

08-May-23

First bear of the season and it’s a great bear. Second night on stand and Josh from Montana scored his first ever black bear. Congratulations

08-May-23
Awesome bear. Cannot wait to get there

09-May-23
way to start the season Josh

11-May-23

bghunter's embedded Photo
bghunter's embedded Photo
I am starting to get the gear ready. Lol

12-May-23
You’re going to need them. Bugs are starting to wind up now

12-May-23

Mike from Colorado passed on a bunch of bears all week and also passed up a coloured one. Then connected on an awesome bear on day 6 of his hunt. Congratulations Mike. We had a great week with you guys in camp.

13-May-23
Another great bear.

13-May-23
Mike from Colorado passed on a bunch of bears all week and also passed up a coloured one. Then connected on an awesome bear on day 6 of his hunt. Congratulations Mike. We had a great week with you guys in camp.

13-May-23

15-May-23
I’ve been a long time bowsite watcher and this is my first post. I’m Mike from the post above. I heard about Plum Lake on bowsite and went hunting with Mikey last week. I have nothing but great things to say about his outfit. Me, my cousin and another buddy went on the trip and we saw a ton of bears and had an awesome time. As Mikey said, I was picky and just had a great week watching bears and enjoying the great area. On the last night I was able to take this great bear. Mikey runs a great outfit and I can’t recommend Plum Lake enough. We will definitely be back! Good luck to all in the rest of the season. Thanks!

16-May-23
Great job Mike glad you had a great trip

17-May-23

Myles from our Arkansas crew shot a beauty colour phase on the first night of his hunt. Congratulations Myles and a great Manitoba bear. We’ll see you and your son next spring again.

17-May-23
Awesome bear. Hopefully there are more like that around for next week. Cannot wait.

17-May-23

Dave one of our repeat guests added another chocolate bear to his collection. Way to go Dave. Hell of a nice colour phase. Congratulations

17-May-23

Jerry from Wisconsin shot this true Manitoba Monster on day 2 of his hunt. He passed it up on day 1 of his hunt but couldn’t resist it on the second night. Congratulations Jerry. Great having you in camp with us.

17-May-23
I hope this WI guy can follow up next week with one just as good

17-May-23

our repeat client Tim from Arkansas had a crazy night on stand with 9 bears on stand and had one come into his blind. Congratulations Tim and we’ll see ya next spring

21-May-23

First night on stand and Patti from Virginia shot her first black bear and it’s an awesome one as well.

22-May-23
Man I really have the bear bug again. I sent you an email about getting something going possibly.

25-May-23

Chris from Minnesota took home his first bear and a great one too. Perfect shot made for a short recovery

27-May-23

Shawn from Wisconsin is taking home his first black bear. First trip to Manitoba and it paid off

28-May-23

Another awesome week in camp mike

29-May-23
Holy smokes Zebra that’s a giant bear!

29-May-23
ZK, is that one of the bears you passed on last week?

29-May-23

Mike from Illinois didn’t waste anytime on stand and after watching 11 bears that evening he took his first Manitoba bear on his first night. Congratulations Mike

30-May-23
mooseslayer yep had it at 11 yards, I passed a ton of bear this week looking for a giant

30-May-23
Congratulations Mike and everyone at Plum Lake. BTW, Mike developed the nickname First Night Mike elsewhere by capitalizing on opportunities at big critters on the first night.

30-May-23
Looks like a great season so far!

04-Jun-23

Wyatt from our Wisconsin group took his first Manitoba black bear.

04-Jun-23

Tom didn’t waste any time on stand and made a great shot on his bear. “Didn’t go 20”

04-Jun-23

Son of Tom. Josh made an excellent shot on his bear also. Great shooting and great bear.

04-Jun-23

Ron made his 4th trip up to hunt with us and shot his bear on day 3.

04-Jun-23

Trevor put the challenge up and hunted with his recurve. He is our first client to ever take a bear with a recurve while I have owned the camp. Thanks for sticking it out and making a great shot at 15 yards. “Didn’t go 20”

05-Jun-23
Great job in the heat it has been crazy

09-Jun-23

What an absolute giant of a bear. Scott with his first ever bear and he made his shot count. 475lbs and 21 6/16 skull.

09-Jun-23

Al from Illinois killed a great bear on day 5 of his hunt. This is the last bear of our spring season. 335 lbs and 20 4/16 skull. An awesome way to end our season

09-Jun-23

Rick from Wisconsin shot his first ever bear on day 2 of his hunt.

15-Jun-23

Now that our spring season is over and getting camp all put away for the summer I’d like to thank all our clients that made the travel up to Manitoba to come and hunt with us. We had a great season with many awesome bears taken and the amazing people that we met. Everyone leaves camp feeling like family. Thanks to Bowsite for allowing us to advertise on here. It’s such a great platform of people and I can’t thank our Bowsite hunters enough for putting your trust in us. Thank you everyone for making our season a success once again. Cheers.

• Sitka Gear