ARLOW 03-Nov-22
midwest 03-Nov-22
Shug 03-Nov-22
31-Oct-22

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Scarface
Scarface
This is my third year owning my Ohio property and this buck has been a resident here for all of those years. At the beginning of the 2021 season he was constantly fighting with a 5.5 8 point that I'm sure is the one who blinded him. I passed him in '20 an '21. This year, he's 5.5 and he's my number 2. This is a fantastic pic of Scarface, standing 25 yards from my ladder stand. Really cool pic. But man did he get messed up!

31-Oct-22
Say hello to my liddle friend…

31-Oct-22
He’s just winkin’ at you because he’s got you pegged and knows your season will end in frustration!!

31-Oct-22
One or two more years he will be something. Blind in one eye is no issue

31-Oct-22
He looks like he has the attitude and body, but his rack has fallen short in his quest to be #1.

Matt

31-Oct-22

He's on my list, and if he walks in front of my stand he's gonna get shot. I passed up two better scoring bucks this week. He was a 7 the last two years, just became an 8.

31-Oct-22
It happens more often that we suspect I imagine. I’ve had two on camera at night in the last few years. Pretty easy to see at night with only one eye reflection. Hope you get him Pat !

31-Oct-22
I think it’s amazing that it doesn’t happen more often, really…

I’ve tanned the hides of virtually every deer I have ever shot, and by far, the most scarred-up of the bunch was a very big-bodied probably 2.5 YO with a 13” spike on one side and the other side snapped (or possibly shot) off right at the base. Recovered a .22 rimfire slug from his backstrap, long since healed over.

But with not much to get entangled with another buck’s rack, the scars on his neck were like a roadmap pf a small city. He probably dished out his fair share of abuse as well…..

31-Oct-22
He looks like a big brute! Might be tough to get him on the ground.

01-Nov-22
looks like an amish dude who got caught tresspassing on the wrong guy's spread....a bit worked over.

01-Nov-22
It's a cool look. "Chicks dig scars"!

Interestingly, a large percentage of bucks that I've known that scored around 200 were blind in one eye. I figure it comes with age. Live long enough and you're bound to get hurt... and live long enough and you might grow a large rack.

01-Nov-22
Good luck with Scarface. Looks like a tough customer to me me.

The biggest buck I ever killed was a 10 point with multiple facial scars and a completely spilt in half ear that had healed. An old warrior for sure.

01-Nov-22
Cool deer!! Daggers for brow tines!! Wonder if he inflicted some damage to others.

01-Nov-22
Good luck with him Pat.

01-Nov-22
If he walks on right side of your stand he’ll never see it coming.

01-Nov-22
Is that a corn field I see?

01-Nov-22
would make a cool mount as is.

01-Nov-22
Very cool. Take him!!!

01-Nov-22

GhostBird's embedded Photo
GhostBird's embedded Photo
They are tough animals. This is buck I shot a couple years ago with a nasty wound from fighting. At first I thought he had been shot with a rifle.

01-Nov-22
Neat picture, hope you smoke him. The craziest thing I've EVER see in the deer woods once was two bucks sparring in front of my stand, one a 2.5yo and the other a 1.5yo. They pushed and shoved each other around for a couple minutes, not a full blown fight, just sparring. Once they separated and the smaller buck turned his head I almost threw up! His eye was literally hanging 3" out of his eye socket. Bloody and disgusting! You could tell it bothered him because the way he was acting and at that point I knew the pain tolerance of a deer is way different then it is for a human!

01-Nov-22
“I’d like to see the other guy”

01-Nov-22
Funny thing is they act like it is nothing. They are TOUGH!

03-Nov-22
Awesome picture!

03-Nov-22
He's a brute. Hope he comes through from right to left for you.

03-Nov-22

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Arturo would be a better name…after Arturo Gatti

• Sitka Gear