Michael 11-Nov-22
Pat Lefemine 11-Nov-22
TODDY 11-Nov-22
Bake 11-Nov-22
KSflatlander 11-Nov-22
KSflatlander 11-Nov-22
Groundhunter 11-Nov-22
11-Nov-22
These hangers are very adjustable and can put your bow within close reach. However hunting whitetails even the slightest movement can be detected. I lean toward having the bow in hand, especially the last half hour. Sometimes those bucks can be on you in a heartbeat. Any hunters out there have bow in hand the entire sit?

11-Nov-22
Treestand hunting my bow is typically in my hand the entire sit. Saddle I hang it because it’s right in front of me and very little movement to get to it.

11-Nov-22
I haven’t been in a conventional tree stand in three years. But, I let the conditions dictate whether I held my bow. And, I used the bow hangers referenced.

11-Nov-22
Bow in hand always. Period

11-Nov-22
Kinda tough to get in my pack and get out a sandwich with a bow in my hand. Very tough to unzip and take a leak with a bow in my hand. Using rattling horns one handed is a real trick! I like the ez hangers. Put it in the right spot and they are a huge help. Besides taking a nap with a bow in your hand is dangerous!!!

11-Nov-22
Bow on the hanger at all times. When I hear a deer crunching I’ll take it off the hanger and get ready. Otherwise it’s never in my hand. When I was a kid and I thought deer could magically appear, I held my bow on my lap until my fingers froze off. Dumb.

11-Nov-22
Hanger unless something is around or the wind is blowing it around too much.

11-Nov-22
Bow on a hanger as close as possible to my hand. Can grab the bow with very little movement and use the top limb to swivel the hanger out of the way if required. I stand with bow in hand for the last 20-30 minutes or if it's too windy to hear approaching deer. Hard to drink coffee & take a leak with bow in hand.

11-Nov-22
The three-section hanger, right up close to me if not there in my hand....

11-Nov-22
I am with Scoot on this one. I hate bulky gloves and to keep my hands warm I keep them in my pocket with a light glove on.

11-Nov-22
I can't imagine holding my bow the entire sit. How do you use your binoculars? check the wind? text your buddies that you're not seeing Shi%t? My bow is always within a foot or two from my left hand hanging from the bow holder motionless. And my hands are free to do whatever, or mostly just tucked into my pockets.

11-Nov-22
Bow hanging within a foot or so of my left hand. As already mentioned I can't imagine holding a bow for an entire day's sit. Fatigue from doing so would make me move way more than normal. TODDY

11-Nov-22
I probably should use an actual bow hanger. I set up all my stands with a tree step hung up for a bow hanger. (Knock on wood) I can't think of anytime that it's hurt me with deer.

Now, it has cost me some opportunities at other animals. I can think of a couple bobcats that snuck in on me that I would have killed had I had the bow in my hand. Not a huge deal to me, as I've arrowed a couple bobcats and trapped quite a few more. I've probably missed chances at a coyote or two who zipped through real fast at times.

It's cost me some shots at tom turkeys that somehow snuck in on me, usually in early season where it's harder to see around me.

With deer I find I can usually get the bow off the hook with no problems. Compared to tom turkeys and bobcats, I feel like I can do jumping jacks in front of deer.

11-Nov-22

KSflatlander's embedded Photo
I use these on all my stands on the left side (right handed). I also take my quiver off in the stand.

Maybe it’s a solution for you. The work awesomely.

11-Nov-22

Another look…

11-Nov-22
KS +1

• Sitka Gear