BoggsBowhunts 16-Nov-22
Shuteye 16-Nov-22
drycreek 16-Nov-22
Guardian hunter 16-Nov-22
fuzzy 16-Nov-22
fuzzy 16-Nov-22
fuzzy 16-Nov-22
16-Nov-22
Hunting at 3000 feet in mixed hardwood in the Valley and Ridge of SW Virginia. Deer hunting here is primarily a waiting game. Hours sitting waiting for a shot opportunity. I've hunted long enough that I get a "fel" for when they're moving. Last few days has been a big cold front. Still cold and breezy here with a bit of sleet but the Crows are very vocal and active this morning. That "feels" like a high value sit to me. Anyone else have "tells" like that they trust?

16-Nov-22
If I have to piss.

All three of my biggest bucks have been shot within 30 minutes of me pissing off my stand or out of my ground blind.

16-Nov-22
I hunted a property where crows harassed bucks. They left does alone but I could track a buck long before it got to my stand. It was interesting because the bucks never seemed to be bothered even though the birds were creating a ton of noise and diving around them. Must have been used to it.

16-Nov-22
In my part of WI Bluejays always get my attention. They seem to always get fired up when deer are moving.

16-Nov-22
"WI Bluejays" Yup, and pine squirrels!!!

16-Nov-22
For me it's red squirrels. Many times I hear them going off and a deer comes from that direction. I'm not talking about how they go crazy when a bobcat, hawk, or some other "squirrel predator" comes through. It's different, I think it's when they get startled by a deer that triggers a quick few barks then they go back to collecting acorns.

16-Nov-22
Inshart same here with gray squirrels. A few half hearted barks and a few tail shakes

16-Nov-22
When I open a Little Debbie snack...works like a charm.

16-Nov-22
Chocolate moon pies!!!! Deer and elk can’t resist showing up if they are in the pack!

16-Nov-22
Brotsky good thing your in SD, I’m a sucker for hearing a little Debbie wrapper open! Haha

16-Nov-22
Hey boggs, my daughter cracked a 6 point yesterday (rifle kill) about 5 min after I took a leak. Does that count?

16-Nov-22
That gives me some reassurance, Bwhnt :)

16-Nov-22
Gray squirrels normally alert me when a deer is coming. Some barking and tail shaking. Could me a fox also.

16-Nov-22
Boggs, my best bow buck was shot five minutes after a No. 2 ! You may be onto something……..;-)

16-Nov-22
East winds can be productive

16-Nov-22
Come to think of it, the biggest buck I ever killed came in about an h

16-Nov-22
Come to think of it, the biggest buck I ever killed came in about an h

16-Nov-22
Meant to say an hour after I crapped on the collar of my camo coveralls. Lol

• Sitka Gear