Mule Power 16-Nov-22
fuzzy 16-Nov-22
Mule Power 17-Nov-22
Muddyboots 17-Nov-22
goelk 17-Nov-22
goelk 17-Nov-22
fuzzy 19-Nov-22
16-Nov-22
I have Had a Hearing Impairment for all my life since I was born. I can barely hear with Hearing Aid. Without them I hear nothing. I'm 69 now and I mostly hunt by visual when seeing game. I usually hunt solo . I what so bad to bivy hunt cause I usually come back to camp in car. I guess my concern is bear coming into camp and i would not hear him. Ive seen only two bears when in the woods in my 50 plus years. Any advice for someone that does not hear. I have no one that wants to come along cause they what the comfort of camp.

16-Nov-22
I just don't worry about black bear that much

16-Nov-22
I wouldn't worry too much. If it does worry you, I think you can buy those electric bear camp fences that are supposed to be pretty packable.

16-Nov-22
^^^^^^^Yep what these guys said^^^^^^^^^

16-Nov-22
Also solar secerety light. Mit help wake you. My wife turns light on at night it wakes me.

16-Nov-22
Crunchy morning two years ago, figured I'd hear a deer 100 yards away (I have poor hearing myself.) Two bears came in, didn't hear them until they were 20 yards away. Bear are ***quiet*** walkers.

Keep a clean camp and you'll be fine. Or you'll be eaten and we will tell tales of your heroism in the wilderness ;-)

16-Nov-22
Waiting for Ron N. to chime in. The guy wears earplugs when camping in g-bear country so the sounds don't wake him up!

16-Nov-22
Well guys thanks for the advice. So do I need to put my freeze dried and other foods up in tree away from camp or just leave them in my back pack

16-Nov-22
Where are you hunting? I have never worried about bears. I don’t hunt grizzly country although if you look at a range map or ask the biologist they’ll say I’m in griz country. I hunt western Montana and western Wyoming. I can count on one hand the times I’ve seen bears and never had one in camp. I cook and eat in the same tent I sleep in and don’t hang anything. Bears aren’t interested in eating people. They’re just curious animals. Snakes are a different story. I hate those things!

By the way I can’t hear either. I have, or had hearing aids for both ears but they’re somewhere on a mountain in Wyoming. So maybe there are bears walking around outside!

16-Nov-22
I'd use a bear bag or canister if you're in dense bear population area. As was mentioned you don't hear bear walking anyway. Those soft paw pads.. They're eerily silent.

17-Nov-22

Mule Power's Link
TESTING TESTING!

Go on Amazon and search for perimeter alarm. I SAID GO ON AMAZON……. lol

17-Nov-22
Bears eating you in camp probably rates near being hit by lightning. Be more likely to die in car accident. Keep a clean campsite and enjoy your hunt.

17-Nov-22
interesting responses. Thanks I hate snakes too

17-Nov-22
interesting responses. Thanks I hate snakes too

19-Nov-22
goelk, yeah but how do you feel about snakes? Lol

• Sitka Gear