Sir Dreyfus
deerhunter72's embedded Photo
Sir Dreyfus
Dixie
Dixie
Dixie hates the bows my wife puts on her.
Dixie hates the bows my wife puts on her.
In honor of Chase the Wonder Dog, I thought it might be nice to post some pictures of the great dogs we’ve had. There’s no better friend than a good dog. Please share your photos and stories.

Our first true “baby” was an English Bulldog named Dreyfus. We got him right after we got married in 1998. He had personality in spades and thought he was a 60 pound lap dog. He’s the only dog we’ve ever had who you could actually see smiling when he knew he was up to no good. As most bulldogs are, he was as lazy as the day is long. When taking walks he would often just have a seat in the road and you knew you’d have to wait him out. He drooled and farted like crazy! One of the funniest things about him was that people were scared of the look of him, but he was as gentle as a lamb. When our son got big enough, he just about pull that dogs ears off and Dreyfus would just look at you and roll his eyes. Bulldogs are great, but they tend to have a lot of genetic health issues and don’t live long. He almost made it to 8 years. Still miss him.

Our current and official “third child” is a Bichon named Dixie. My wife says she’s a used dog because we got her at 6 months old when her original owners wanted to re-home her. It was their loss, she’s the best dog we’ve ever had. 10 pounds of pure laziness that only wants to sleep and would let you rub her belly all day. She’s very sweet and gentle and absolutely loves her treats. Always excited to see us when we walk in the door. She thinks she’s a holy terror to coons, possums, and deer when she sees them in the back yard. She’s 7 and has bad arthritis in her knees so she can’t jump very well. She also has a chronic back issue that flares up from time to time. I fear that these things will limit her life span. We will all be devastated when her time comes.

17-Nov-22

fdp's embedded Photo
fdp's embedded Photo
These are just some of ours.

17-Nov-22

fdp's embedded Photo
fdp's embedded Photo

17-Nov-22

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Poochie Mama…Somebody dumped her off on our dead end gravel road, years ago. I was single at the time and was gone from home for several days at a time. The last thing I needed was a dog. I fed her the night she showed up, but I left the next day for a 3 day job. I made the mistake of telling my dad about her, and when I got home, the dog was still there, along with a bag of dog food. She learned very quickly to go down the mile of gravel road, to my parent’s house, and stay there until I would get back from jobs. I got married a couple of years later and Poochie got very sick with some neurological disorder, where she stopped eating. My wife had to force feed her for 3 weeks, and she finally came out of it.

We guessed she was approximately 2-3 years old when she showed up on my doorstep. She lived another ten years before we finally had to put her dow. I sobbed like a baby that day. She was the best dog we’ve ever had. She LOVED to ride with me, especially when I was pushing snow. She would lean up against me the entire time :-)

17-Nov-22

Blood's embedded Photo
Beagle, Plott Hound and Coon Hound mix. 100% perfect.
Blood's embedded Photo
Beagle, Plott Hound and Coon Hound mix. 100% perfect.
My buddy….

17-Nov-22

Two dogs mobile's embedded Photo
 Two dogs mobile's embedded Photo
Here's a picture of my hunting buddy, Betsy inspecting a Prairie Chicken from this fall. She was born on Halloween in 2020.

17-Nov-22

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Sumo, sharing a toddy with me

17-Nov-22

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
Here's our family beagle Whitley

17-Nov-22

maxracx's embedded Photo
maxracx's embedded Photo
My 2 ladies are actually sisters. Ivy Jo is 7.5 and Daisy Mae is 2.5. Same mother. Ivy from her first litter and daisy from her last. They are 180 degree polar opposites. Love them both equal, ok Ivy is the favorite.

17-Nov-22

Supernaut's embedded Photo
Supernaut's embedded Photo
In honor of Chase.

These are our pugs.

Junior, the boy is on the left and Vada, the girl is on the right. They are brother and sister and they will be 2 on December 23rd.

I have always had bigger dogs and was against getting a small dog. My wife and my son out voted me and when we went to see the pups and I saw that there were only 2 in the litter I said, might as well take them both.....Best decision ever.

They are the most loveable intelligent little rascals I've ever known. I couldn't imagine my life without them and i hope they live a long, long time.

Good looking dogs all. Keep it going!

17-Nov-22

GhostBird's embedded Photo
Ruger... pack leader
Ruger... pack leader
Jericho
Jericho
New black & silver pup, Stetson
New black & silver pup, Stetson

17-Nov-22

wyobullshooter's embedded Photo
wyobullshooter's embedded Photo
Bodie’s the best hunting, fishing, and everyday buddy I could ever ask for.

17-Nov-22

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
Our little 9 lb gal… Tater tot. Gonna cry for days and weeks when she goes. Squirrels are her nemesis and never wants to be left alone. Sleeps under the covers in our king sized bed. Growls at you when you move at night. We protect her like she’s a human.

17-Nov-22

Willieboat's embedded Photo
Willieboat's embedded Photo
This is Otter……miss her every day

17-Nov-22

g5smoke21's embedded Photo
7 year old GWP Tessa
7 year old GWP Tessa

17-Nov-22
Great stuff so far fellas! Keep it coming!

17-Nov-22

montnatom's embedded Photo
montnatom's embedded Photo
Amos, 9 years old with heart issues. Has been a great pal and hunting partner

17-Nov-22

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
My pair. On the right is my one-eyed Jack, ( Jack Russell Terrorist that is ). We’ve had Sarge since he was a pup, thirteen years. The little Sheltie showed up on our back porch a little over two years ago. We finally found the owner who lives about a mile up the road but the lady has medical problems and could no longer take care of him, I named him Bigfoot ! We found out later his name was Bristol, but he’s Bigfoot now. He’s fourteen years old. Naturally Sarge is my favorite but I wouldn’t take for either of them, I just have so much history with Sarge. Gonna be some sad singing and slow walking when it’s time….

17-Nov-22

BC173's embedded Photo
Found him along a back country road 20 lb. under weight last December. Lab/ Pit mix. I picked him took him to the Vet and gave him a home. If I could only get him to stop following me everywhere I go.
BC173's embedded Photo
Found him along a back country road 20 lb. under weight last December. Lab/ Pit mix. I picked him took him to the Vet and gave him a home. If I could only get him to stop following me everywhere I go.

17-Nov-22

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
My Wirehaired Pointing Griffon. She’s just as good as a family dog as a hunting dog.

17-Nov-22

Pyrannah's embedded Photo
my fishin buddy
Pyrannah's embedded Photo
my fishin buddy

17-Nov-22

molsonarcher's embedded Photo
molsonarcher's embedded Photo
Kimber, Talon,and Diamond Buncha knucklehead Labs, but couldnt ask for better “anything” buddies. Hunying, fishing, riding, grocery gettin, you get the picture. Mans, and MY best friends.

17-Nov-22

milnrick's embedded Photo
milnrick's embedded Photo
Cinder, our charcoal lab, will be 4 on Christmas day. She's our 82# pheasant and chukkar hunting buddy.

17-Nov-22
Great thread! Easy there Sumo!

17-Nov-22

Jbrink's embedded Photo
Jbrink's embedded Photo

17-Nov-22

JTreeman's embedded Photo
JTreeman's embedded Photo
Ace named after his Grandpappy Kyle.

—jim

17-Nov-22

Norseman 's embedded Photo
Norseman 's embedded Photo
RIP Chase the Wonder Dog.

17-Nov-22

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
My 14 year old Maggie in the Embassy Suites at P&Y in Omaha. I snuck her in for a couple nights. Like her sometimes boyfriend Chase, she only had one eye. RIP December 24, 2019. My lifetime dog.

17-Nov-22

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
The next generation. Year and a half old nutty puppy. A dog makes life richer and our hearts bigger.

17-Nov-22

Rgiesey's embedded Photo
Rgiesey's embedded Photo
My son Luke’s 10 year old beagle. Got Fred from his sister his senior year. We get him quite a bit and like it.

17-Nov-22
We had a beagle when I was a kid that used to take my mittens and hat when I was playing in the snow. ALL THE TIME. Good dogs

17-Nov-22
My "Wonder Dog" was a male Airedale. I have had three Airedales at different times in my life. Any other Airedale lovers out there? Mine was an amazing animal. I am also partial to Labs but all good dogs are a great part of life. Only down side is when we have to go on without them when they go. Badbull

17-Nov-22

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
My "sofa buddy". We shared that sofa for almost 14 years. Her last day was in August.

17-Nov-22

BillyD's embedded Photo
BillyD's embedded Photo
Our 7YO GSP

17-Nov-22

Bowaddict 's embedded Photo
My 10 yr old and my new pup not long after we brought him home.

17-Nov-22

The new pup now 1.5 the day I left for deer. Yes I drove that way, and the wife sent it 5 minutes after I left. Talk about a guilt trip!

17-Nov-22

The are indeed a gift!

17-Nov-22

tacklebox's embedded Photo
tacklebox's embedded Photo
My Stella.... she is the bestest girl...

17-Nov-22
Love seeing everyone’s dogs !

17-Nov-22

Fields's embedded Photo
Fields's embedded Photo
This is Syd... 6 year old vizsla. Not used as a hunting dog, but never misses a scouting trip, deer recovery, hike or fishing trip... Couldn't ask for a better dog.. My only complaint, if I dont wear her out during the day, she never wants to rest in the evening..... LOL..

17-Nov-22

12yards's embedded Photo
Great fishing partner!
12yards's embedded Photo
Great fishing partner!
Usually have black labs for waterfowl. But Bella our Cockalier (???) stole my heart. She's a sweetheart!

17-Nov-22

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Lost both of these fellas this year One 8 the other 13. Tough year.

17-Nov-22
Leaves a BIG hole inside you. And the older you get and the more dogs you've had the bigger the hole gets.

17-Nov-22

Kurt in Memphis's embedded Photo
Rosie
Kurt in Memphis's embedded Photo
Rosie
Rosie...not sure why she's sideways....but we love her. Best family dog ever. Cancer is taking hold and her days are limited. She's almost 13 and the only dog my kids have ever had.

17-Nov-22
Dog threads are the best!

17-Nov-22

BowenAero's embedded Photo
BowenAero's embedded Photo

17-Nov-22

Sunset 's embedded Photo
Sunset 's embedded Photo
Griz

17-Nov-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
Lucy yesterday
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Lucy yesterday
JohnMC's embedded Photo
One of these two will be our new addition 'Ishi' in about 2 weeks
JohnMC's embedded Photo
One of these two will be our new addition 'Ishi' in about 2 weeks

17-Nov-22
Our girl Rosie.

18-Nov-22

RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
Tim is a good dog. Getting old but a very good friend to our family.

18-Nov-22

Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
I’ve been blessed with three incredible dogs thus far. Here’s my lab “Booker” and German Wire Hair pointer “Pepper” during a break while hiking the Ruby Mountains in Northern Nevada. Booker died at 9 from cancer while Pepper lived to be nearly 17.

18-Nov-22

Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Pepper with the new pup “Harley”. Harley is now 13, closing in on 14 and has laryngeal paralysis, had surgery to open half his airway, unfortunately his hunting days are in the past as a result. If not for that we’d still be chasing chukar this year because he’s still strong and healthy other than his breathing capacity.

18-Nov-22

Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo

18-Nov-22

Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo

18-Nov-22

Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Pepper when she was 10 and Harley at just over 1 year old.

18-Nov-22

mattandersen's embedded Photo
mattandersen's embedded Photo
Boone Dog is my almost 4 year old fox red lab. Best buddy and brother to my son. He's really coming into his own pheasant hunting and is simply my shadow the rest of the time. Hopefully a long way to go but will leave a gaping hole in my heart when that time comes.

18-Nov-22

Knifeman's embedded Photo
Knifeman's embedded Photo
Had a female just like that one. Great dog still miss her

18-Nov-22

Southern draw's embedded Photo
Grits 8 and Buster 1.5.
Southern draw's embedded Photo
Grits 8 and Buster 1.5.
Duck season opener in the morning and Grits already won’t leave my side after seeing all the seasonal preparations, Buster will have to wait a few weeks when the crowd settles down some.

18-Nov-22

hdaman's embedded Photo
Daisy Mae
hdaman's embedded Photo
Daisy Mae
This is our Daisy Mae. Part human, part canine. 100% spoiled!

18-Nov-22
I had a Red Fox colored lab female. A pretty color variation.

Dave I love the Mohawk on your spaniels

18-Nov-22

PSUhoss's embedded Photo
Puppy
PSUhoss's embedded Photo
Puppy
PSUhoss's embedded Photo
Puppy
PSUhoss's embedded Photo
Puppy
Here is our wonderful 2 year old English Labrador Hugo. I didn’t want another dog after our last one passed, and well, you see how that went. Amazing the companionship a dog can provide.

Here he is as a puppy and now a two year old.

18-Nov-22

Mint's embedded Photo
Mint's embedded Photo
Mint's embedded Photo
Lily my current dog is now also 14 years old but going strong.
Mint's embedded Photo
Lily my current dog is now also 14 years old but going strong.
I had Cheyenne for 14 years, best dog I ever had.

18-Nov-22

hoytshooter1's embedded Photo
Huckleberry... lost him to seizures Nov. 17th, 2021. He was only 1 year and 13 days old. That was a very tuff day

18-Nov-22

After we lost Huck, we went all in on the Springers (got two within two months)... these are my four crazy pups. Noxx (little one), Sadie (tan one), Pickle (big male Springer) and Olive (female Springer)

18-Nov-22

RonP's embedded Photo
RonP's embedded Photo
my old boy in the lower left making a long retrieve of a chukar for his pop

18-Nov-22

RonP's embedded Photo
RonP's embedded Photo
two of my three, bruce and maggie on a recent chukar hunt in northern nevada

20-Nov-22

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Great pix folks, thanks for sharing...

EmbryOklahoma - Your Tater Top just cracks me, you can tell she just rip roaring ready to go...8^)

I feel for ya DL and all others who's recently lost their pups...

My X took the Yorkie and the blue Yorkie-Poo when we split 5 years ago and I kept the white Multi-Poo after adding a Teckel pup... There was less than 2 years difference in their age, 13 - 14 and ironically, all three past within 5 months this year... Pearl, the youngest passed first and her mother Zoie the oldest passed last... I was with Pearly Girl when she was born, doc her tail when minutes old, and had her 13 years until she died in my arms when we had to put her down in late March due to cancer... Toughest day of my life, actually am still not over it...

20-Nov-22

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Pearl had 3 or 4 litters of pups, maybe more can't remember, so when I brought the Teckel Elsa home at 8-weeks, Pearl kinda became her serigant mother and they were close for 5 years until Pearl passed... She whined looking for her for about a month..

21-Nov-22

I had GSP’s for years. This is Maverick a pup with great potential. I sent him to a trainer out of state. While there he died of Parvo. back when many us us didn’t know what Parvo was.

The trainer graciously replaced him with a female that turned out to be a great bird dog.

21-Nov-22
Southern Draw

Are those Boykin Spaniels? Hunted with a guy from SC years ago who had Boykins - they were amazing field and water dogs.

21-Nov-22

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
This is Dennis and Murphy. Murphy is a weimaraner and Dennis is a North American couch hippo (aka pit bull) he is a rescue from Chicago. Their nicknames are Special Ed and Short Bus.

21-Nov-22
Rick They are indeed Boykin spaniels and yes they are great at both water and field/upland hunting.

21-Nov-22

Fuzz's embedded Photo
Fuzz's embedded Photo
Bo always had to be in the very front of any watercraft he was in.

21-Nov-22

PECO2's embedded Photo
PECO2's embedded Photo
Granite, we adopted him when he was 8 years old, he lived to be 16.5 years old. He was a very mellow, very good Siberian Husky.

21-Nov-22

bigswivle's embedded Photo
These two think they’re humans
bigswivle's embedded Photo
These two think they’re humans

21-Nov-22

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
He’s super smart, I promise.

21-Nov-22
He’s super smart, I promise.

21-Nov-22

arrowsmith's embedded Photo
arrowsmith's embedded Photo
My Missus with Niki, the best rabbit dog and faithful companion. Started life in the kennel but was converted to the wife's lap dog, and lived 12 spoiled years with us. Still miss that pup.

21-Nov-22

WVarcher's embedded Photo
WVarcher's embedded Photo
My velcro dogs!

22-Nov-22

eBike John's embedded Photo

22-Nov-22

Boreal's embedded Photo
Boreal's embedded Photo
Boreal's embedded Photo
Boreal's embedded Photo
My boy Sammy. I lost him January 8th of this year. My wife says I gave him the best 14 years a dog could ever want. I hope she's right.

22-Nov-22

Great pictures guys. Just looking at your dogs makes me smile. Dogs are the best!

Cabo a female bull terrier we had before our current Bully. She was smaller and a great lap dog. To my wife’s dismay.

22-Nov-22

Ziek's embedded Photo
Ziek's embedded Photo
We've had 9 dogs over our 49 years of marriage. The first, a German Shepard Dog. The other 8, all black labs, plus one litter of 8. Here is our newest pup, Nukka, back in July at 9 months old, demonstrating a stylish water entry while practicing retrieves.

22-Nov-22

Bearman's embedded Photo
Bearman's embedded Photo
I get just as much enjoyment looking at these type pics as I do seeing big bucks.

Had to puting down my Roscoe last June. Words can't describe how loyal/obedient/ loving he was his whole 12.5 years. The best friend I ever had/will have.

23-Nov-22

fastflight's embedded Photo
Jack was my loving lab from about 2000 to 2012. Whole body would shake with his tail when I came home from work. Dogs can sure make us feel loved and important.

23-Nov-22

And here are my current companions Boomer and Cruzer.

23-Nov-22

And here are my current companions Boomer and Cruzer.

• Sitka Gear