midwest 01-Jan-23
Ambush 01-Jan-23
17-Nov-22
What’s a hunting story?

17-Nov-22
Bowsite or Bowfight? Hmmm

I vote story time.

17-Nov-22
Pretty sure if you bring up hunting on bowsite, your going to piss a lot of people off.

17-Nov-22
Tell you stories!

17-Nov-22
Oh thank God...have at it

17-Nov-22

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
I'm not Deer hunting this year but I have bowhunting stories that go back to 1956.. Yes, I'm friggin old. Lets see, where to start. Mind you, I'm not one of those rich & famous kinda bowhunters, I'm just a retired old fart that worked hard all his life... It was Jan. & I think about 40 years ago. I was camped on a Plateau just above 5000 feet in Northern New Mexico. Me & a buddy were bowhunting Mule Deer in a late season bordering a wilderness area & close to the Colorado border. We had left camp going our separate ways to climb up a ridge. I had hunted until about noon with little success when I started to come down.. I was about half way back to the dirt road when all hell broke loose. There was like a foot of snow on the ground & all of a sudden, snow & rocks started flying & giving away. I was right on the edge of a rock slide. I got hit in the forehead & I fell to me hands & knees, vision blurred & almost knocked out. I stayed on my hands & knees for I'm not sure how long but when I could "see" the slide was over. Huge boulders all around & lots of snow. I knew I was bleeding but was not sure how bad I was. I didn't hurt so I figured it was not as bad as the blood made me think. My bow was buried in the snow but undamaged. I could not tell what was solid rock/ground or snow. I started using my bow to poke the snow in front of me to locate solid ground. I knew if I fell in any hole I would probably die in it. No one knew where I was except my buddy & he only knew a general location.. Remember, no cell phones/Gps in those days. Anyway, after about an hour I was out of the slide area & could see my truck. Just as I was walking up to it my buddy dropped off the other side just up from the truck & said OH MY GOD, WTF happened.. Your bleeding bad. He kinda panicked. I assured him I was OK & the head wound was not as bad as the blood made him think.. I told him all about it & at camp cleaned everything up & a butterfly band aid made it all better (I'm an old 5 yr. Navy Corpsman-medic). I was extremely lucky for sure & tihs was just one of a few other "life threatening" situations I would experience in my bowhunting journey. We both had several shots at giant Mule Deer Bucks but we never connected. Regardless, it is one of those bowhunts I will never forget for a couple different reasons.. How's that Scoot???

17-Nov-22
Can’t get Siri to type while I talk into my bowsite app.

17-Nov-22
I'm in anything but this stupid BS that has been on here lately. Take all that sh#t somewhere else. This used to be BS (BOW SITE).. Looking forward to it Scoot...

17-Nov-22
Here’s my story. I’ve been chasing the same trophy buck for 3 weeks. He’s the top dog in my local herd. I’ve had him at around 100 yards from my stands 4 times. The stars haven’t aligned, yet. But the chess game has been awesome.

Matt

17-Nov-22

c3's embedded Photo
c3's embedded Photo
scoot, some of us still love a good bowhunting story !!!!

I'm well versed on the current political environment, but I'd prefer that Pat shut all this bs down right now so we could have a solid place to go to get away from it.

Please post up something to help get back to it if you can.

All I have for my hiking and biking my bow around this year is sunrise and sunset pics, so I can't much add to the change of subject, unfortunately.

Cheers, Pete

17-Nov-22

c3's embedded Photo
c3's embedded Photo
oops, wrong pic :)

here's the sunrise pic i was trying to post up.

Cheers, Pete

17-Nov-22
Yes !!!!

17-Nov-22
Tell it Scoot!

18-Nov-22
Scoot for President!! Just kidding, really!! It will be welcomed Scoot. So much empty air on the forum any more. Maybe a political forum where they can beat their chests till they hurt and scream threats and spew rhetoric till they tire of it all. So far the hunts and adventures posted have been a welcome relief. It's just hard to find them thru the garbage.

18-Nov-22
Get er done, Scoot!

18-Nov-22
Bring it.................

18-Nov-22
Finally....something worth reading on here! Let's go buddy!

18-Nov-22
Woo Hoo! Keep it rolling! This should be a lot of fun!

18-Nov-22
Scoot!! Scoot!!! Scoot!!!! Just a little cheer!! Looking forward as always!!

18-Nov-22
I don't understand what this has to do with Trump? Scott, are you sure you're on the right forum?

Looking forward to it anyway!

18-Nov-22
Ahunter76, if I’m hurt I want a Navy Corpsman beside me. They are the best IMHO. Unfortunately I’ve needed them wrenching on me too many times :>)))

18-Nov-22

WhattheFOC's embedded Photo
WhattheFOC's embedded Photo
Been sitting dawn til dusk for several days … northern Sask, a little west of where Pat hunted a few weeks ago. We had a severe die-off last spring, so we are seeing waaay fewer deer than normal. Outfitters I’ve talked to are cancelling clients for next week - it’s bad.

I am hunting one particular buck. We’ve been playing cat and mouse for 3 years now - and apparently the mouse is smarter than the cat. It was super windy a couple days ago, so I decided to take the afternoon off … just hang around home with the wife and listen to the wind howl …because deer don’t move in the wind, right? Wrong! Guess who showed up at about 4:30 ??? Coincidence? Or is he just so careful that he manages to stay away whenever I’m on stand??

18-Nov-22
What’s taking so dang long, scoot??!!

18-Nov-22
Choot 'em Ryan!

18-Nov-22
C’mon man! Keep it rollin here. ‘Grats on the bears!

18-Nov-22
Holy smokes, Scoot! Way to break the jinx!!

Did the bear have ANY thing to say about Hunters laptop before he died?

19-Nov-22
Fun times right here!!

Thanks for bringing us along man-------->

Good luck, Robb

19-Nov-22
Certainly a fun bear hunt! Looking forward to the elk!

19-Nov-22
Great stuff so far, Scott! Congrats on the bears!

"Did the bear have ANY thing to say about Hunters laptop before he died?"

lol....his last words were, "Epstein didn't kill himself."

19-Nov-22
Great thread Scoot!! Keep it comin. It’s Saturday we expect this thing wrapped up today son!! ;-)

Nice to read a huntin thread. MBGA!

HDYLMK!

19-Nov-22
What’s a hunting story?

19-Nov-22
Scoot. If it's a "girls day" get outta there and proceed with the story!

19-Nov-22
Outstanding Scoot, love to see the yung-uns (or not so young anymore - they grow fast) making memories with family.

20-Nov-22
Loving it so far! Looking forward to the next installment! Have a great day with the girls!

20-Nov-22
Thanks for sharing

Great read so far!

20-Nov-22
Nice Scoot, keep em coming.

20-Nov-22
Man, must be windy there, those trees are completely sideways!

20-Nov-22
Thanks for sharing, great stuff....

21-Nov-22
refresh, refresh, refresh!

21-Nov-22
Heartbreaker, for sure. And one of the lows that make the highs all that much better.

21-Nov-22
Awesome time with a great crew in the elk woods for sure! Tough break on that bull, but still rooting for Ryan!

21-Nov-22
Dang!

21-Nov-22
Man, I know just how he feels - tough break, but sh!t happens! Shake it off Ryan - keep after em.

21-Nov-22
What an amazing hunt! Was definitely rooting for Ryan to get his first bull! With that kind of experience under his belt, gotta believe it will be happening very soon! The hook has definitely been set;-)

21-Nov-22
What great memories you guys made!

21-Nov-22
Now this is bowsite!!! Thanks for posting . I was smiling the whole time!! Hunt

21-Nov-22
It's Thanksgiving this week, and I know Ryan is damned thankful to have such a good dad in Scott. He has done and seen things in his young years that most of us here have only dreamed about...and it takes one hell of a dad to sometimes set his own pursuits aside to make sure those things happen for his kids. Thanks for sharing Scott, I know how most of this story goes but I'm loving every minute of the retelling!

21-Nov-22
Brotsky x 2

21-Nov-22
Thanks Scoot for sharing your hunting season with us. This was a great break from all the politic BS.

21-Nov-22
That was awesome! I’d say you lit the elk hunting fire in him. Those rut-fest hunts are what dreams are made of. Good work guys ! I’ll be waiting for the next installment.

21-Nov-22

c3's embedded Photo
c3's embedded Photo
That's some epic bugling action and an oh so close of a call.

Definitely a story for the ages !!!

Cheers, Pete

22-Nov-22
Brotsky x 3

Thanks for sharing with us Scott,

Robb

22-Nov-22
Great story telling Scoot and fantastic pics.

22-Nov-22
Thinking, by the title, that there should be a bit more… Looking forward to the deer hunting;-)

22-Nov-22
Congrats on breaking the bear slump in fashion! You guys were in the elk, that's all you can ask for. Great recap and looking forward to the deers! Thanks Scott.

22-Nov-22
This is the stuff that has kept me and so many others at Bowsite! Can't wait for the rest but loving it so far. Congrats on the bears.

22-Nov-22
Thanks for sharing

This was perfect timing for some elk stories

22-Nov-22
Awesome read. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

22-Nov-22
I’m sitting in a blind mesmerized by that elk scream fest!! I finally look up and there is a buck watching me watching your hunt. I almost expected to see an elk instead!

Some epic hunts and stories this year and this is another one.

22-Nov-22
Awesome thread!

22-Nov-22
Thanks for sharing Scoot, reminds me of my son and I except with local east coast hunting and fishing. Nothing like sharing those experiences with your kids. I have to put together a western hunting/fishing trip with him some day when I can. They grow up fast and I now have to look up when I talk to him.

22-Nov-22
Very, very well-done Scott - father, son hunting - God is smiling down on you. If it was too easy, it just wouldn't be as memorable.

22-Nov-22
Thanks for taking us along so far Scott!!

Shoot me a text when your season is done!

23-Nov-22
Thanks for taking us along Scott. I know ya'll made lots of good memories.

23-Nov-22
Another heartbreak! Stay POSITIVE!

23-Nov-22
Yasssss!!! Way to go Marin! Doesn't get much better than that!

23-Nov-22
Way to go Marin!

23-Nov-22
Woo Hoo! Congratulations!

23-Nov-22
Good stuff... but, did you take time to vote... ha, just kidding, you know with the current state of posts lately. Keep it coming...

23-Nov-22
Way to go Marin! Have to tell Ryan to hang in there, we’ve all been there. Hope he gets out hunting for the holiday breaks! Still plenty of time left. Kudos to you Scott for being a good Dad and Uncle. You should have some good Karma headed your way!

23-Nov-22
LOL Sunset pic... Crimson Sunset...the best there is! Let see him!

23-Nov-22
Good stuff Scott. I'm enjoying this, And Congrats Marin!

23-Nov-22
Thanks for the ride Scoot! Way to finish it up. Nice buck!

23-Nov-22
Gotta love those red sunsets! Congratulations! Hopefully a few more before your crew finishes up on the deers!

Happy Thanksgiving!

23-Nov-22
Heck yeah dandy buck Scott! Sounded like a fun hunt! Thanks for the great read.

Happy Thanksgiving !

23-Nov-22
Fantastic . I always enjoy your post!! Thanks . Hunt

23-Nov-22
You tried to slip that ol “beautiful nd sunset pic” past me in your text the other night, too! We’re just too sharp for ya ;-)

Great write up and storytelling as well, scoot! Tell Grinner to hang in there. He’ll get it done!

24-Nov-22
Scott - great recap of an exciting fall of hunting. One year soon it will all come together for Ryan on a bull. He will have a full book of hunting memories that you helped him write - congrats on a great fall!!

24-Nov-22
Thanks for sharing. I look forward to you and Ryan's adventures every year. Amazing how the bear hunt came together after some successful years. Tell Marin congrats for shooting a deer bigger than her dad. Lol

24-Nov-22
Thanks for sharing. I look forward to you and Ryan's adventures every year. Amazing how the bear hunt came together after some successful years. Tell Marin congrats for shooting a deer bigger than her dad. Lol

24-Nov-22
That sure is a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving! Hang in there Ryan - we've all been there at some point.

24-Nov-22
Congrats Scoot on some fine animals and especially Marin’s! Blows me away how many bucks you guys have wandering around in the fields.

I’m having a “Ryan” season myself , so I feel for him, but I also know it will pass and the inevitable success will wipe out the misgivings.

Thanks for the write up and entertainment. Happy Thanksgiving. ??

24-Nov-22
Refreshing thread Scoot.

24-Nov-22
Good stuff Scott! Thanks for posting. I've long been a fan of you and Ryan. Good job Dad

24-Nov-22
Nice buck Scoot! Thank you for sharing your season!

24-Nov-22
Nice buck

Congratulations

24-Nov-22

26-Nov-22
How awesome for Ryan to be able to get in the middle of that elk rut fest! Really enjoyed all the stories and pics, Scott. Thanks for taking the time and thanks for passing it on to all the young hunters you guys mentor.

27-Nov-22
Happy birthday, Grinner!

29-Nov-22
The boy did well but the doe appeared to be keyed up by something prior to the shot.

29-Nov-22
Scoot, not questioning your experience but, you know Logan’s arrow is on the wrong side of the bow, eh?

29-Nov-22
Ha, Ha, love-n it. The shot on that grouse was great.

30-Nov-22
Always enjoy Scoot’s scoops.

12-Dec-22
Awesome stuff Scott! Hard to beat that!

12-Dec-22
Great stuff… congratulations to all

12-Dec-22
Great read Scott! Thanks for sharing! TODDY

12-Dec-22
Congratulations, Logan!

12-Dec-22
I love it!!!

12-Dec-22
A Slowgan start but an awesome finish! Congrats to Logan for sticking it out and finishing strong!

28-Dec-22
Misses teach and hook you. Next time it’ll be different.

28-Dec-22
Oh man, for sure we've all been there. Just amazing how fast those critters are. Scoot, you (among others on here) are an amazing parent. Taking your kids hunting, fishing, camping, etc., making memories that will last forever. What I remember was my dad ALWAYS working. I only went hunting once with him back in the late 70's. He killed a deer and after we had it hanging, he said the excitement was gone - he never deer hunted again. Funny, I can't remember what I had for breakfast, but I remember that hunt like it was yesterday.

28-Dec-22
Congratulations! Also nice to get a break in the temps.

28-Dec-22
WooHoo, Congrads to all involved especially the young hunters on their first kills. Scoot you are the MAN!!!!

28-Dec-22
I love it!!!!!!

28-Dec-22
WTG Iver!!!! Nicely done Scoot!

01-Jan-23
Thanks for the play by play! Really cool that you can help so many youth get opportunities to hunt!

01-Jan-23
Congrats to all! Thanks for passing it on, Scott, and looking forward to next season's adventures!

01-Jan-23
Well that was a darned good action and meat packed finish!!! Way to go Crew and congrats all around!

No better way to recapture that exhilarating feeling of being a young hunter than to be with a young hunter. Some of them are just contagious!!

• Sitka Gear