Highway Star 19-Nov-22
RJ Hunt 19-Nov-22
RJ Hunt 19-Nov-22
Zbone 19-Nov-22
RJ Hunt 19-Nov-22
Bowman 19-Nov-22
fuzzy 20-Nov-22
19-Nov-22
My daughter is 12 and has started to accompany me hunting. She has always loved knives and helping dress and butcher game. She’s a little scattered tho so I never bought her a nicer knife since they get lost quickly. She’s definitely matured over the past year and I would like suggestions from others as to what you did for your daughters. I love my buck 110 but it’s definitely not a “girly” and I’d like some ideas.

Thanks

Craig

19-Nov-22
Buck 110 slim, red.

19-Nov-22

DanaC's Link
Buck 102. Handle well suited for small-medium size hands. The 'Heritage' version, suitably engraved, would be a great gift.

19-Nov-22
Cutco - Orange handle - drop point - straight blade

19-Nov-22
Buck makes a folding lock blade in a pink camo pattern. My daughter has one.

19-Nov-22
Please, no pink knives. Gerber makes some nice knives too for smaller hands, Buck has plenty of good knives also. For me a 110 is not the best for dressing game, get her a drop point knife.

Sorry BigOK no knock to your daughters pink camo knife, I just hate pink, lol.

19-Nov-22
Wytex, I am the same way.

19-Nov-22
The guy said "I love my buck 110 but it’s definitely not a “girly” and I’d like some ideas." So I think he wants something "girly" and it doesn't get much girlier than pink.

19-Nov-22
Yeah she loves pink/purple.

19-Nov-22

Zbone's Link
My girlfriend is a purple freak, and bought her a purple Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD knife for her purse but a little small for field work... Victorinox Swiss Army knives come in a bajillion colors... Some of the Spydercos come in purple and pink, but break out your wallet... Been collecting knives for a while and personally think the best knife for the buck (pun intended) is the (OKC) Rat2 model... They make multiple scale colors but haven't yet seen pink or purple...

This might be a little small for field work, but it'll do the job and maybe just right for a little girl... Ka-Bar "KA4062PK-BRK Thinks Pink Dozier Folding HTR"...

https://www.amazon.com/KA4062PK-BRK-Thinks-Pink-Dozier-Folding/dp/B001PE5VGI/ref=sr_1_5?crid=TCXU8319DY0U&keywords=rat+2+knife+pink&qid=1668889549&sprefix=rat+2+knife+pink%2Caps%2C195&sr=8-5

It's a good little knife for $24.67, I have one but not in pink...8^)

19-Nov-22
I made a yew longbow and a mini-bowie for a very petite lady 25 years ago. Forged the blade from a piece of round tool steel can't remember what the tool was. The handle was a front leg bone from a whitetail doe. She wanted a pink handle. Gave me fits trying to dye it. I finally used some of my then-wife's face powder , rubbed it into the bone repeatedly and then sealed it with lacquer. She liked it.

19-Nov-22
Get her a pink Blackjack

19-Nov-22
Cutco, or sharp finger

19-Nov-22
If want I would love to make or design something for her. Hit me up if interested.

19-Nov-22

RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
Here is a compact hunter I made for a lady in Montana. Was a one off knife I drew up for her first hunt. Is Elmax Stainless at 62.0 hrc

19-Nov-22
Beautiful knives Robert...

19-Nov-22
Thanks zbone

19-Nov-22
I would go with the folding Buck as I got both my granddaughters one for Christmas last year with there names engraved on them. A reward for getting there first deer, and it is something they take with them every time we go out into the woods.

20-Nov-22
Rjhunt I really want one of your knives. Whats your waiting list like? PM me?

• Sitka Gear