fuzzy 20-Nov-22
70lbDraw 20-Nov-22
KSflatlander 20-Nov-22
70lbDraw 20-Nov-22
KSflatlander 20-Nov-22
Glunt@work 20-Nov-22
19-Nov-22

sundowner's Link
Sentenced to 11 years for wire fraud and other crimes. NJ Dem Senator Cory Booker tried to get the judge to be lenient and failed. What's the corrupt connection between Booker and Elizabeth Holmes? Very unusual for a sitting senator to spend political capital on a defendant known to be guilty.

19-Nov-22
Bad link. Sorry. Popups screwed it up.

19-Nov-22
Was this a game law issue?

19-Nov-22
I saw something about her being tight with Betsy DeVos. That in itself is a telltale sign that it’s all a part of the swamp, and the shenanigans there in.

19-Nov-22
Bou, both she and Booker are crossbow hunters, so this thread belongs on a different forum...

19-Nov-22
Sundowners brain is like a rerun loop of “Finding Bigfoot” tv show.

19-Nov-22
Ah, KS.....so Trump and I are BOTH living in your head?

19-Nov-22
Nah, but it is hard to look away from a human mental car crash.

19-Nov-22
“Bou, both she and Booker are crossbow hunters, so this thread belongs on a different forum...“

I’ll bet she didn’t even hunt this year with the price of out of state tags.

19-Nov-22
I still remember the words of an old business professor: "If you think all highly paid business executives make great decisions, boy do I have news for you!" Anyone with a brain should've smelled the scam, but big businesses like Walgreens, CVS, etc. shoveled hundreds of millions at Holmes. Now look at all the idiots who lost $ in the current FTX crypto mess. (Those who were dumb enough to fall for such foolishness get no sympathy from me, but I'm sure efforts are already underway to shift the burden to honest, hardworking taxpayers.)

19-Nov-22
Or look at the disaster that is Musk's takeover of Twitter. 1000's of people telling him how deep to shove the job.

19-Nov-22
But I just don’t like Trump….

19-Nov-22
I think Musk is doing a fine job with Twitter. Firing the cancelling ,censoring senior staff. Restoring a work ethic among employees, requiring them to work or be fired. Restoring free speech. Apparently offering to restore Trump's account.

Far from a disaster......unless you like cancelling people and eliminating free speech.

19-Nov-22
I'm guessing Musk has a plan & will do "just fine". Trump, on the other hand needs to let someone else take the reins. Trump is an arse as an individual (my opinion) but I totally feel he wanted & tried to accomplish the best for America & it's "legal" citizens. He did some great things. If it was not for all the "get Trump all the time" he would be good for the country but not now.. Dems seem to be obsessed with him & getting nothing else done. The gal got a stiff sentence but she ruined a lot of good folks futures.

19-Nov-22
Twitter was losing money. When that happens things will change. No more free lunches, required to be on-site more often and expecting a full effort is just a normal day at work for most people. I think some of the Tweeps are disconnected from what most folks experience. They make $200k a year. It's not exactly becoming a sweat shop.

20-Nov-22
Isn't that the new movie about Sherlock Holmea' kid sister?

20-Nov-22
"requiring them to work or be fired." Yeah, telling them that they *will* work long hours at no extra compensation. How would *you* handle that demand?

Hint - shitty jobs are a dime a dozen.

20-Nov-22
I've seen her brother John Holmes in a few movies......

Goodness,

Robb

20-Nov-22
News this morning - "Trump Cites Twitter ‘Problems,’ Says He’ll Stick to Own Platform"

Anybody want to bet he will be back on Twitter by next Wednesday?

20-Nov-22
Bullelk1 yeah John (RIP) was quite a man in some respects.

20-Nov-22
KSflatlander: "Nah, but it is hard to look away from a human mental car crash."

Very apt description of the focus on Joe Biden and John Fetterman!

Pete

20-Nov-22

fuzzy's embedded Photo
fuzzy's embedded Photo

20-Nov-22
"requiring them to work or be fired." Yeah, telling them that they *will* work long hours at no extra compensation. How would *you* handle that demand?“

What’s seems to be the problem with that? I recall a time not long ago when people were given the option to wear a mask and get vaxed, or lose your job. Weren’t you one those that said, “nobody is forcing you to do anything, the choice is yours.”?

Funny how quickly that narrative took a turn!!

20-Nov-22
I know I said that and the Twitter employees have a choice too. Stay or leave. IMO it isn’t smart for Musk to go down that path now. It’s an employee job market right now…not an employer market. Plenty of companies are hiring right now.

Also this isn’t a situation where a small group of employees are making decisions that affect the health of other employees. Not a good comparison.

Yes, the narrative is turning on Musk. Regardless of what anyone thinks, he needs employees to make the company function. But he’s one of the smartest people on earth so I’m sure he has a plan. 45 Billion hurts.

20-Nov-22
“Also this isn’t a situation where a small group of employees are making decisions that affect the health of other employees. Not a good comparison.”

No this is a situation where Twitter employees got paid $200,000 a year to sit around and decide who’s opinions were worthy of being publicized or not. I don’t feel a bit sorry for them. Perhaps they should have made a wiser choice when it comes to finding gainful employment with a company that has a useful product that can benefit the country rather aid in its division and hatred of each other.

20-Nov-22
Perhaps

20-Nov-22
It seems to me the fat needed to be trimmed. He trimmed some right off the bat and is trimming some more by laying out what's expected and letting them choose to stay or leave. If he goes too far and needs to hire, I doubt there is a shortage of savvy, motivated tech heads willing to work with the most popular tech head on the planet for six figures even without the free sushi and wine.

• Sitka Gear