EmptyFreezer 26-Nov-22
Bou'bound 27-Nov-22
WV Mountaineer 27-Nov-22
Whocares 27-Nov-22
LOSTNwoods 28-Nov-22
Candor 28-Nov-22
Bou'bound 29-Nov-22
20-Nov-22
I bought my RX7 last year and really enjoy shooting my bow. It has always bothered me about the significant noise it makes at the shot. I also have a mathews Triax and it is almost silent at the shot. This weekend i shot a deer at 62 yds that had no idea i was there until my bow went off. He gave me that look.. Have any of you Hoyt shooters done anything to help quiet your bow? I have tried string dampners, nothing is loose or broken. Thanks for any ideas.

20-Nov-22
Make sure the cams are properly synched/times and that all the fasteners are tight.

20-Nov-22
All that seems to be money.. Maybe ill run it by the shop again. Thanks Matt

20-Nov-22
My RX7 is quiet 476G arrow

20-Nov-22
What rest are you shooting?

20-Nov-22
Hoyt Ultra rest. I shoot a 480 grain arrow. Its just a loud Twang. Ive had people stand beside me and hear it. The bow is awesome but the noise bugs the bejesus out of me.

21-Nov-22
The RX-7 is one of the quietest bows Hoyt has built in a long time. That’s one of the reasons I bought mine. You might try shooting a different (new and set up same as yours) RX-7 to see if it’s quieter.

21-Nov-22
I have an RX7 Ultra, 80lbs with a 521 grain arrow. I wouldn’t say it’s loud. Definitely some noise, but not like you’re describing.

21-Nov-22
Are you shooting with a quiver on

21-Nov-22
OK. I thought if it was a limb driven rest that the launcher could be slapping down hard and making noise. Seems like less of a possibility with the rubber covered shelf, but I had a bow in the past that did that.

21-Nov-22
Do you have string silencers in it? How is the string stopper adjusted (credit card width gap at brace)? Is the screw that retains it tight?

21-Nov-22
I shoot RX7 and quiet as a church mouse. I did have a clicking noise but removed he mods put wax on them replaced and quiet now.

21-Nov-22
I shoot RX7 and quiet as a church mouse. I did have a clicking noise but removed he mods put wax on them replaced and quiet now. Im shooting a 452 TAW.

21-Nov-22
Take off your sight and shoot it,

21-Nov-22
Check all the Allen screws in the cams. Check your string stop bar too. Mine was loose. Check all the screws in everything on the bow, sight, quiver etc. Also, check the fibers in your sight. They can buzz if they are not wrapped tight.

21-Nov-22
Took off the sight and shot it, same noise. Put electrical tape between my quiver bar and bow hitch, still twang. I have tightened everything possible. I am on my second hoyt string because they keep coming apart. Could it be a cheap string? i will take it to the shop where i bought it to see what they think. Thanks for all your input. She was poundin nails the whole time i was playin around. Gotta figure this out.

26-Nov-22
Mine does a twang too. I do not recall it doing it when I had a Whisker Biscuit on it. I also have the Hoyt drop away on it. I have not gotten serious with figuring it out but had intended to mess with it this week.

26-Nov-22
Doublepost

26-Nov-22
So i took my bow to the shop where a coup[le guys were shooting. I asked everyone to listen to my bow. They all said the same thing. Sounds like a hoyt. Louder than a Matthews but nothing out of the ordinary. Lesson learned. When someone else shot my bow it didnt sound near as bad as i thought. Hands on with honest opinions answered my question. My bow is awesome and i will quit being so damn OCD about stuff.. Riiight

27-Nov-22
The only whining sound I hear with my Hoyt is from the guys that don’t have one

27-Nov-22
Keep adding more rubber Se# toys Hoyt has to use. :>))))

Sorry I couldn’t help myself

27-Nov-22
Put a Mathews sticker on it. It’ll decrease the noise and tighten the slip up in any hour immediately.

27-Nov-22
Good one Bou...

28-Nov-22
So true Bou’bound!

28-Nov-22
If my OCD stopped at my bow, I would (and a lot of others) be a very happy camper.

29-Nov-22
The only whining sound I hear with my Hoyt is from the guys that don’t have one

• Sitka Gear