fdp 22-Nov-22
fuzzy 23-Nov-22
DanaC 23-Nov-22
Knifeman 23-Nov-22
fuzzy 23-Nov-22
jmiller 29-Nov-22
Michael 29-Nov-22
22-Nov-22
What’s your favorite Non Rubber Hunting Boots for Cold Weather. I live in Illinois and am looking for some Warm Boots and Socks. What’s your choice. Kurt

22-Nov-22
I use Rocky boots with 1200g thinsulate when it’s below 40. When it gets below 20 I add hot feet heat generators that stick to your socks.

22-Nov-22
My regular light hikers...then I put them in arctic shield boot covers. Good down to -20 for me with a foot warmer thrown in. Have had the frozen eye lashes to prove it! Ha!

22-Nov-22
Mukluks.com

22-Nov-22
I am a big Arctic Shield boot cover fan. But I'm trying to simplify my whole hunting life, and I have really tried to limit and reduce what I have to carry on hunts.

I got an ebike last year, and it obviously reduced the amount of walking I'm required to do to access stands. So to simplify I bought some Kenetrek pac boots. FAR warmer than the arctic shield boot covers. Of course far heavier and clunkier than regular boots. But not an issue when I don't have to walk 3/4 mile to access a stand :)

22-Nov-22
Cabelas Alaskans....buy em a size bigger than normal size you wear. Don't plan to walk far in them but a cold sit they are money. I think the newer version may be called the Yukon or something like that?

22-Nov-22
Warm isn't the problem, if you don't have to walk far in them. Sitting you need 2-3 times as much insulation as moving. Gets clumsy fast.

22-Nov-22
Columbia Powderhouse Titanium Omni-Heat 3D Outdry Black/Pacific Rim 5 Mix any wool sock with a polypropylene liner sock and that will do just right.

22-Nov-22
Old Military Mickey Mouse boots. Black for temps about 20*, white for sub zero. They work...

22-Nov-22
Mickey Mouse boots are rubber.

22-Nov-22
Lacrosse ice kings

22-Nov-22
When I lived in Ohio I wore Rocky Bearclaws in the late season. Never had a complaint.

I'm not sure what model that would be now.

23-Nov-22
Not an answer to your but have you ever tried boot blankets?

23-Nov-22
Fuzzy, folks must like them because they're 'out of stock' for this year.

23-Nov-22
The only thing that has kept my feet warm in below 15 degrees alpaca socks, schnees pac boots, then the chemical foot warmers under the liners. Its good for 3.5 hours. After that it is inside the heater body suit or boot blankets.

23-Nov-22
DanaC years ago when I did a lot of late season, any weather all day sits and was doing a lot of DIY crafty stuff I made a set out of two small tanned hair on deer hides with the hair turned in. They looked like crap but worked great.

29-Nov-22
Steger Mukluks

29-Nov-22
What Brotsky said.

I have tried a lot of different boots and until I went with the Arctic shield boot covers my feet got cold.

• Sitka Gear