WhattheFOC 28-Nov-22
TonyBear 29-Nov-22
carcus 30-Nov-22
carcus 30-Nov-22
cnelk 30-Nov-22
23-Nov-22

PECO2's embedded Photo
PECO2's embedded Photo
On the ice early this season! Got on the ice yesterday, caught many fish, it was steady action. No huge ones, most between 12" and 15" It was great to get out there, try out a new electric drill auger, and catch fish.

23-Nov-22
Great! Looks fun.

23-Nov-22
Doesn’t look like much ice. What’s the thickness?

23-Nov-22
Please don’t stiff arm em

24-Nov-22
"Please don’t stiff arm em" LOL, I don't always stiff arm em, but when I do, it's obvious. The ice was solid 4", what looks like open water is actually just clear ice without the little dusting of snow on it.

24-Nov-22
Good to have the ice safety patrols and photo police keeping us all in good shape. Nice fish. Great way to spend a day:……..so long as you don’t fall in and take the photos properly

24-Nov-22
Brad, at least PECO didnt sit five feet behind it with six grinning guys with their arms around each other! :-) Nice fish, PECO.

Wife made me go out with her Sunday a.m. Good outing, fun watching them come in. Biggest was a 22" hook jawed male rainbow and a 21" palomino. I missed a solid 24" palomino. Caught a bunch of 16-19" rainbows. Sight fishing under early ice is a blast!

24-Nov-22
Jaq, how deep were you fishing?

24-Nov-22
Our lake was froze Tues now its back in the 40s so lake is open. I guess it will be late-season bowhunting with my son instead...

24-Nov-22
Still early here for safe ice. I hope to get after some River steelhead in December if we get some moisture to pull more fish up the rivers.

24-Nov-22
PECO, we were fishing from 4-9 feet under the ice. Most of the fish were coming in around 6'. We were using little 3/4" hot pink jigs, basically dead sticking them, occasional slow lift-drop. Almost every fish we saw hit the jig.

24-Nov-22
I have been killed ducks out east but in late December, I will be on the ice, as Lou, sight fishing for trout, in 6-8 ft of water, using Rat-so lures, dead sticking with just a light tap of the rod once in a while. Last year was the first year for a ice hut. Love it with a heater and the darkness allows one to see into the hole and sight the fish swimming past and taking the lure, or not taking the lure.

24-Nov-22
For everything except lakers I either use a hot pink Rat Finkee or a chartruese sparkle jig I tie myself, 99% of the time. Also a 1" pink and white scented Berkley power tube sometimes.

Glad to see you finally got civilized and went "inside", Paul. Totally changes the game. Come up and fish with me after you kill all the ducks and I kill a muley!

28-Nov-22
Just googled palomino - never knew that was a thing. Wow.

29-Nov-22
Be careful on the first ice 200 folks had to be rescued on Red Lake yesterday when an ice shelf broke off from shore, and it's been plenty cold in Northern MN.

30-Nov-22

carcus's embedded Photo
carcus's embedded Photo
I was out Sunday, it was nice to get out, fishing sucked, 3 saugers in 3 hours

30-Nov-22

30-Nov-22

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I got the snowmobile out of the barn and fired up. It’s been cold and snowy. Almost time to start getting out and chase some lake trout

• Sitka Gear