B2K 01-Dec-22
Rut Nut 02-Dec-22
WhattheFOC 03-Dec-22
Kanati 03-Dec-22
Catscratch 03-Dec-22
Bigwoods 05-Dec-22
rattling_junkie 05-Dec-22
28-Nov-22
Anybody have one? If so, how do you like it?

28-Nov-22

WhattheFOC's embedded Photo
WhattheFOC's embedded Photo
I tried the Heater Body Suit for the first time this year. Game changer! Sitting all day is not so bad when you’re warm and comfortable. Granted, it’s one more thing to do once there’s a deer coming in, but I’ll take that risk.

28-Nov-22
Thanks Trevor, but I was more interested in the Arctic Shield version.....................

I know the Heater Nody Suit gets good reviews but I could never justify $350-400 for one. But it looks like I can get the Arctic Shield version for half the price! Just wondered if anyone is using this particular suit?

28-Nov-22
Sorry - didn’t know there was a big difference in price. I have a buddy in WI who has the AS version. He loves it.

28-Nov-22
Ok- thanks Trevor- good to know he loves the Arctic Shield. It seems to get good reviews.......................

29-Nov-22
Rut but you buy a hbs it will be very justifiable…best money you will ever spend. I have heard mixed things on the artic shield version tho never wore one myself

29-Nov-22
I have not use the Arctic Shield suit, I like their boots and bibs but can be a little noisier. I bought an HBS and would never switch best money I spent on clothes etc. I found one for my grandson on an auction last year large barley used for $75.00. Shop around fora good used one also.

29-Nov-22
I heard another good review from a friend yesterday and found the Arctic Shield suit on Amazon for $189 so I pulled the trigger!

Thanks for the input guys!

29-Nov-22
Those things are really intriguing to me. Not for me (yet - someday perhaps), but for my kids. If they were warmer they may last longer. They are still to small, and I sometimes just have them use a sleeping bag, but down the road... this thread just gave me an idea - thanks!

29-Nov-22
I purchased a used Heater Body Suit off of Archery Talk. Best $100 I've ever spent. Love it.

29-Nov-22
I have the arctic shield version and it's incredibly warm, and windproof. I don't use it often as i just dont care for the concept much, but as far as quality goes, it's gonna do what you want it to do.

30-Nov-22
Well if their suit works like their boots then it's a no brainier.

30-Nov-22
The ‘no arms’ design makes climbing the tree difficult and drawing the bow impossible.

I give it a 2 out of 10.

01-Dec-22

Rut Nut's Link
This one has zippers on the side so you can stick your arms out.

I almost always have time to get prepared for a shot before a deer comes in range......................I don’t see that being an issue with this.

01-Dec-22
I agree Rut. I saw a post one time where a guy said he climbed his tree with the HBS on!! Really?

I put my HBS on in the stand. It’s a 9-10 for sure.

01-Dec-22
HBS is the best investment I've ever made, hunting wise. Hopefully your suit isn't loud because the HBS is very quiet.

01-Dec-22
I tried climbing into my tree once with HBS on, and was just so thankful to come home to my wife at the end of the day.

Come to think of it that's how I felt every single time I put it on in the tree. Although I will say that was probably made way worse because my size 12 Sorel boots hardly fit in the booties and that was a huge pain. Had I been able to just slip in it would be way easier. But you need to consider the footwear for it.

01-Dec-22
APauls - I think the boot traps your foot sweat - I always lose the warm feet battle by about 2:30pm. So this year on the advice of an outfitter buddy, I tried taking my boots off. I slip a hot pack in to an oversized felt pack and put my foot in that - then into the HBS. A little extra messing around but I’ve never been so comfortable on an all day November sit.

I have one day remaining here. If my number one survives it, he will only have to worry about wolves and logging trucks for the next 9 months. R u done?

01-Dec-22
I think the zipper on the Arctic shield would be a deal breaker for me. I've passed a couple of good deals on used HBS in the off season but since I wasn't cold then, I didn't buy them. Of course this November after about twenty all day sits looking like the Michelin Man I'd'a kicked myself if I could move with all the clothes on. I will be snapping up the next deal on an HBS in the off season. I hunt from a blind in November so getting it on is no issue.

01-Dec-22
For you guys with the HBS, what are the things you don’t like about the suit, other than the issue of oversized boots? Not sure that I would like the aspect of having my arms confined inside of the suit all of the time. I stand up a lot of the time in the stand, and I like having the ability to be able to occasionally steady myself with a hand against the tree if need be. At 61, I’m not nearly as agile as I used to be. Also, what about using your binos. Seems it would be a bit of a pain to have to unzip the bag each time, to scan with your binos. Any issues with them fogging up, if you’re wearing them and they’re inside of the bag the majority of the time?

01-Dec-22
Surely there is a Youtube video of HBS in use. The zipper is absolutely quiet. You can slip out of the top effortlessly when needed without using your hands. The top falls away giving you complete range of movement to shoot your bow. I actually sewed a big button inside the top of the bag so I could hook the zipper to it to keep it up. It was opening too easily when I moved around to glass. And no, the binos didn't fog up. I don't find the bag makes me unsteady (and I am an ancient old fart at 71). I just lean on the tree when standing like always. That safety harness isn't going to let you fall (too far anyway!). Yeah, it takes some effort to sit down in the stand to get ONE foot into the bag. The zipper opens all the way down on the other foot, so the left one is easy. When it is cold, everything is harder and slower. I shot my buck November 12 this year. It was 4 above with a 15 mph wind. It was 4 below with a 10 mph wind a few days before. I am not sure I could have worn enough clothes to hunt and still be able to shoot my bow without the HBS, so what few inconveniences it presents are well worth it to me. Yeah, it's big and bulky and you have to carry it to the stand and work a little to get in it, but it KEEPS YOU WARM. I'm not dealing with heavy clothes, not stiff with cold, come out of the top quietly and able to shoot my recurve quickly. I've taken two book bucks at close range wearing the HBS . Works for me.

01-Dec-22
When considering a HBS, be sure to get the next size up if your height is on the border between sizes. If the suit is too short, your zipper will want to come open all the time.

02-Dec-22
Yeah, I plan to wear a lighter weight boot and I am happy with the fit of the suit. It seems quiet too. Will be another 4 weeks before I can try it on a hunt, but I think it will do very well on those late season cold sits!

03-Dec-22
Troy - it’s a bit of a pita getting in and out of the suit 20 feet up, but it’s awesome once you’re in. TBH I usually don’t even have it zipped up past the waist most of the time, but even when it is zipped up, it’s easy to slip your arms out the front to shoot. Raven Wear inside of HBS with a heated vest … it was -15F here this morning!

03-Dec-22
I’ve owned the HBS for over 10 years. Best piece of clothing I’ve ever bought period!!

03-Dec-22
Heater Body Suit is easy and warm for me. I had lots of concerns before buying one (I'm cheap... and very picky about anything that might spook a deer or mess with my shot). No issues at all. Being frozen, cold, and miserable were way worse for my shot than anything the HBS imposed on me.

05-Dec-22
I have the HBS and I'm not crazy about it. It's a major undertaking to put it on in the tree and I hate having my arms restricted all the time. Also, if you get your arms out and the deer hangs up for a bit before coming into range, you start to freeze very quickly as all that warm air you've had trapped inside escapes almost immediately when you open the suit. I've been thinking about trying the IWOM.

05-Dec-22
I really found a system that works for me. Sitka Fanatic with the HBS for the really cold days. Minimal layering under the Fanatic is great and when a deer hangs up you don't freeze. It seems like the cold weather clothing is personal preference like most things with hunting. One thing is great for one guy but horrible for the other. I really don't have an issue putting the HBS on in the stand as I am strapped to the tree and just take my time.

• Sitka Gear