Bake 28-Nov-22
cnelk 28-Nov-22
Beendare 28-Nov-22
Huntiam 29-Nov-22
WV Mountaineer 29-Nov-22
Bou'bound 29-Nov-22
fuzzy 29-Nov-22
28-Nov-22
Anybody else get a rush, when you finally unstrap a heavy pack?

Just got done packing out two big whitetails roughly 3 miles in one load (de-boned)...not sure what my pack weighed, with meat and gear but wow talk about a rush when i finally unloaded it off my shoulders....It took me a couple seconds to get over that rush.

28-Nov-22
By rush do you mean a feeling like you’re floating? I feel super light after taking off a backpack you have been walking all day in.

28-Nov-22
Only if “Thank God that misery’s over!” qualifies as a rush.

28-Nov-22
I don't get the rush until I crack the first blue smoothie after dropping the pack in the truck bed.

28-Nov-22
I feel like I can jump ten feet straight up…. Until I try… Then I remember white men can’t jump

28-Nov-22
iv'e packed out before, just never had it quite that bad. Felt like i was going to float away, literally.

should have weighed it, pack held up great, was pretty impressed with that

28-Nov-22
For sure. Few years ago, 3 of us packed out a big bull, a long way over some incredibly steep terrain. When we got back to camp, we weighed our packs - mine was 120 pounds. When I took it off - yup got that head rush your talking about.

Then took a beer out of the cooler and slammed about half of it. It was warm and came back up through my nose as I coughed and spit - NOT a good rush at all.

28-Nov-22
Whenever my buddy and I pack out an elk, the Metallica song "My Friend of Misery" goes through my head

28-Nov-22

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I haven’t packed out as many moose as some, but I’ve packed out 3 more than many have.

I would much rather pack out elk miles than a moose 1/2 mile.

Definitely a rush when you drop the pack

28-Nov-22

Beendare's embedded Photo
Beendare's embedded Photo
Pack…sure…but taking off those bloody jeans and getting in the shower after a long pack out and 3 hr drive home is heaven.

29-Nov-22
Nope never got a rush from packing any animal out!! I get a rush from many things, but that’s not one

29-Nov-22
The deer I pack out usually come a long ways. And, all but one have come out in one trip. It’s a lot of things. But, a rush isn’t any of it. I usually just collapse on the cooler in camp and cool down for a while. Just long enough for the stiffness to set in. That’s when I realize that life is good.

29-Nov-22
Ahhhhhh no. Definitely no.

29-Nov-22
Big whitetail buck to me, =180# live weight about 65 to 70 pounds boned out. Big whitetail doe =135# live weigh 48 to 52 pounds fully boned out. So you're packing at least 100# maybe as much as 140# damn I BET it was a rush! Met a guide in a Newfoundland hunting camp who packed out his hunter's 3 YO bull moose in one go (hunter carried the rack and cape ) about 250# to 280# of meat. I was a sturdy fella in my day but Whew! Yall have my respect!

• Sitka Gear