JohnMC 30-Nov-22
rattling_junkie 30-Nov-22
12yards 01-Dec-22
Stickflingers 31-Dec-22
Bowboy 31-Dec-22
midwest 31-Dec-22
fuzzy 01-Jan-23
30-Nov-22
Any Athens shooters here? If so, what do you think of the Elevate? I know not many available to shoot right now, but do you like what they are offering?

I have a 2022 Athens Vista 33. I got it with the smaller DL mod, but definitely need the longer one. It's a smooth shooter for sure, but I'll see how it really tunes for next year's elk hunt.

30-Nov-22
I no longer shoot Athens, but shot their bows in the past. They make great bows. Some of my bowhunting buddies still shoot them but I don't think they have the new bows yet. When I shot them, Athens offered bows very similar to Elite, only better in my opinion. This was prior to the Elite SET technology, but I still don't think anyone can go wrong with an Athens. Their only drawback is their limited dealer network and horrible resale value.

30-Nov-22
Always liked the looks of them, never shot one though.

30-Nov-22
Our techs like them quite a bit. My son just put last years models on sale yesterday for $400 off. I know 3 sold today quickly so somebody either likes the bows or the price or both.

30-Nov-22
I remember when I used to go on Archery Talk. There was a dork of a moderator Rodney or something like that. He was the worlds biggest Athens fanboy. He ruined my opinion of them. I didn't know they were still around. Anyway random thought by John. :)

30-Nov-22
JohnMC that's funny. I didn't hear about them until this year and I bought a bow because a buddy really talked highly of them. I agree Bowfreak the resale value looks horrible. I'll probably have this one for a while now since they aren't worth much used.

01-Dec-22
Athens was one of those brands you occasionally heard about. Recently, the Vista series has drawn a lot of praise. Smooth drawing, forgiving and pretty fast. And great camo/color options. A pretty basic, simple, working bow. If you are an archer that keeps a bow for a long time, it would be a good option. If you get a new bow frequently, you will take a bath on resale. The Elevate takes the same Vista cam with some new additions and puts it on a faster shorter brace bow. Should be a pretty smooth drawing bow rated at 345 fps. Should be a good bow. I'd be interested in trying one, but just bought an Elite Enkore.

31-Dec-22
Funny that not one person answered the question yet all felt somehow they’re old info was worthy of typing. Personally, can’t comment on the new Elevate as I haven’t shot it yet to compare. But maybe I should just talk about something here to seem knowledgeable and share my wisdom.

31-Dec-22
A young guy at our local club shoots one and really likes it. It’s pretty quiet.

31-Dec-22
Their new cam is like Elites with infinitely adjustable draw length and holding weight. I think this would be a wonderful option.

01-Jan-23

fuzzy's embedded Photo
fuzzy's embedded Photo
In the spirit and tradition of Bowsite since I know nothin about Athens:

• Sitka Gear