Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Its hard to believe, its already the end of another season for me. It was definitely full of ups and downs. Elk started well, and on day two I was able to take a nice little meat bull. After a few weeks of nothing to hunt, archery moose started. On day two I was presented a great opportunity on a nice bull. Somehow, I messed up what should have been really easy. I hit heavy bone, and got basically no arrow penetration. We did our very best to recover him. However, in the end there was no way we were going to see him again, and it was highly unlikely he was going to have any long term issues. Nevertheless, I had drawn blood and felt obligated to call it a year for moose hunting. In early October we headed to the southern part of the province for a mule deer hunt. This was new country for us, but it had an abundance of deer. The weather was pretty rough with extremely high winds, but in the end I did end up with a really nice deer. At that point, I decided to try a little bit for whitetail. Over the next month or so, two great deer showed on camera. One huge 6x6 showed up while I was away for two weeks, and was taken by another hunter in the area before I was back. The other was a super heavy 5x5 that had a snapped off droptine. I did sit a couple times for the droptine buck, but it was taking up too much family time, so I opted to go sit at a kid friendly set up with my little man instead. On our first sit we were able take a young 4x4. Unfortunately, I again made a less then ideal shot, and had to recover him in the morning. At that time the coyotes had already found him. Overall it was a great year for experiences and opportunities, but I made a few serious errors that took away from some of those experiences. In the end, I learned much more then I usually do from a season that goes perfectly, and am more motivated then ever to do better the next time I get the same opportunities.

30-Nov-22
Sounds like a great hunting season! Lots to learn from the ups and downs…

Would love to see more pictures!

Thank you for sharing!!

30-Nov-22

Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo

30-Nov-22

Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo

30-Nov-22

Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo

30-Nov-22
That time with your "little man" will stay with you forever! Congrats on your hunting accomplishments!

30-Nov-22

Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo

30-Nov-22
Nice, love the pics, congrats on a nice year!

—jim

30-Nov-22

Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo

30-Nov-22
That’s a pretty handsome lookin young huntin partner you’ve got there! Good stuff, Tony. Thanks for sharing!

30-Nov-22
Congratulations on the great season.

One of the coolest things I learned on bowsite from everyone is it’s never too soon to get the kids involved in bowhunting/outdoors.

I’ve had my 2 year old daughter do as much as possible with me since she was a month old.

That look of amazement like your son has in the pictures is great!

30-Nov-22
Lovin’ the canoe pics and mini-you hunting partner!

30-Nov-22
Good stuff! Who's the guy with the oven mitt

30-Nov-22
Nice Tony! You won’t regret taking your kids hunting.

30-Nov-22
That’s the good stuff!!

30-Nov-22
Excellent! Congratulations on a full freezer and a mulie for the wall!

01-Dec-22
Enjoy those hunts with your son even if they don't result in a huge buck. They will be your best in the end. I enjoy hunts with my kids more than any big buck I've killed. They're only young for so long.

01-Dec-22
Fun Times right there!

Thanks for sharing

Good luck, Robb

01-Dec-22
Great season and pics!

01-Dec-22
Thanks for sharing this.

01-Dec-22
Congrats and thanks for sharing.

01-Dec-22
Awesome pictures. Incredible country and WHAT A BUCK!

01-Dec-22
Nice pics and a great season. Congrats from PA. :)

01-Dec-22
Thanks guys. The highlight of the year was definitely taking my boy out. Seeing how excited he is already at 2 years old makes me pumped for future hunting trips

01-Dec-22
Good stuff Tony!!! You can't beat that family time! Funny I took some chickens with my Ruger and daughter as well this year. Might actually have been the highlight of my hunting season was the time spent with her.

01-Dec-22
Thanks for sharing. Your Dad told us (Keith & Darren from Alberta) you had taken an Elk and a really nice Mulie. Congrads. I think Keith sent him pics of the Whitetails we took on our annual north hunt. Great to see the kids out and enjoying the country. Sounds like your Dad was really busy but hope he had a chance to get out.

01-Dec-22
Awesome! Spectacular mule deer! Great time with that little guy that will be lifelong good memories! Those ear-to-ear smiles tell the tale:-) Thanks for sharing!

01-Dec-22
Bigfoot, he showed me the deer you guys took. Great bucks again. If you ever find yourselves back in Sk would love to meet you guys. He had a busy year with farming and didn't get out much but hopefully in the next few years he will be able to start going a bit more again.

• Sitka Gear