EffordsContributors to this thread:
Guys, If I book with Effords for early September 23 it will be my first moose hunting experience. Any last thoughts on this outfit? This will be a remote fly in hunt, but most likely will not be in the rut. I really just want to kill a moose for the experience and the meat. Most of my research has been here and on the phone with outfitters and I can't find any negative about Effords. Thanks, JT
Well dang.......ask and ye shall receive. I know you have been up there a lot. Mind sharing your reason? Private response would be appreciated if you don't want it on here.
You stated “really just want to kill a moose for the experience and the meat.”
Then look to Mike Ukrantz Outfitters they are a long term Bowsite sponsor, that have lots positive reviews, sounds like they would be a prefect match for you. Lots of moose, high success rate with occasional big one .
I have talked to Mike in the past, but I want to go in 23 and I have 3 others going with me. Sorry, should have included that.
"I have talked to Mike in the past, but I want to go in 23 and I have 3 others going with me. "
Seems the worst outfitters, not the best, are going to have that sort of availability at this point?
I would agree, but a search on here doesn’t show anything but positive comments about Effords other than the post above.
I hunted caribou with Effords in 2019 and had one of the best outfitted hunts I've ever experienced.
While I didn't hunt moose, I would go back with them in a heartbeat.
I had a great hunt with Effords for caribou as well. Can’t speak for their moose hunts.
I’ve never heard anything bad about Effords but I sure have heard and experienced plenty of BAD things with going too early!
No way I would choose to go pre-rut especially if you plan to fill 4 tags
That was probably my biggest concern John. Probably why those spots are available
I know zero about them but agree with others. Moose is one the most expensive, hard to book hunts in NA. If an outfitter has openings soon I would be nervous. Unless it is a cancellation - a legit cancelation.
I am going to NF this year, was booked the last week of Sept. the outfit called and even recommended moving the hunt into Oct, as the past few falls have been very warm and delayed the rutting action.
I will decide my final dates soon but most likely will be mid October for Moose and Caribou combo.
I would think later is better with how things have been going.
Think I’ll pass on the early hunt and book something further out for a later date.