TammyG 03-Apr-23
South Farm 03-Apr-23
ILbowhntr 04-Apr-23
Enulicha 17-Apr-23
Enulicha 17-Apr-23
toneyginder 25-Apr-23
texturtlecast1974 17-May-23
04-Dec-22
How do you guys that travel out of state with your friends/family do it? What is the protocol for sharing & paying travel expenses? Does the guy that drives/provides vehicle get a discount? Might be in the process of planning a 31 hour or 2062 mile (one way) hunting trip with three other guys so we will need to have this discussion.

04-Dec-22
I calculate the number of gallons we need for round trip and look up the national average per gallon of gas, this gives me the cost, divide that by the number of people and you have the cost per person. I collect up front and buy a prepaid credit card. Don't forget to add tolls and pad the mileage, you'll add mileage to the trip when you stop for fuel, food, etc. We add some to it for the vehicle owner to cover a service for the vehicle.

04-Dec-22
We usually just alternate buying tanks of gas. From the standpoint of whoever is providing the truck, it’s a bargain for the other passengers. But that's how we do it. It comes out fair though, as long as each member of the group takes their turns over the years providing the vehicle. Any other costs (food, supplies, tolls, hotels) are pretty easy to split.

04-Dec-22
Easy. Use GasBuddy and figure out the distance and mpg based on the vehicle. It will even compute the cost.

Then, before the vehicle even moves, everyone put their share in a kitty as escrow. If more is needed, everyone puts in an amount to cover. Any extra at the end of the trip gets refunded equally

04-Dec-22
Alternate buying gas food rooms. Try to pay my share as do most of the friends I have

04-Dec-22
We just individually keep track of any personal expenses that are incurred for group items. After trip everybody totals and pays what is owed. Our gang has been together a long time, no issues with nonpayment.

We don’t give anything extra to whoever drives. We rotate who drives though every year.

04-Dec-22
We took several trips to Wyoming hunting antelope and usually three of us. Went in my truck because I had either an Excursion or truck with camper top, which provided some theft deterrent while moteling on the way. The other two guys split the gas, but we started with a full tank which I provided. Usually had to fill up on my dime after getting back home too. No complaints.

04-Dec-22
A bunch from Arkansas that got busted for poaching in N. CO in the 90s would all put $500 in a kitty to cover fines if they were caught. The WCO who busted them told me the group leader followed him to town, pulled out a wad of cash, paid the fine for the guy who poached, and went back to hunting.

04-Dec-22
I started going on fishing /hunting trips with my uncle in 1986. He said their rule was the vehicle owner did not buy any gas and the " riders" kicked in enough for an oil chang also. Trips usually put 2000 to 3000 miles on a truck . Seemed very fair and we continued doing just that .

04-Dec-22
Keep track of everything and split it evenly. Each year we take turns using our trucks so the maintenance costs even out too.

04-Dec-22
Owner of vehicle shouldn't spend a dollar on gas and lay for an oil change after at least.

04-Dec-22
Wow, you guys have some serious rules and regulations. I drive a lot of the time, we rotate gas stops. We generally rotate meals and snacks etc as well. I quite honestly never give a thought to it. I’m sure sometimes I come out on the short end, but I have more important things to worry about in life. If they are good enough friends to go on trips with me then I’m happy to throw in an extra tank of gas or buy a nice dinner even though he bought us drive-thru for lunch. Life is too short.

—jim

04-Dec-22
This^^^^^^^

04-Dec-22
I’ve been short-changed by some real good friends. Life may be short - But my memory is long.

04-Dec-22
Yes to Jim and Hunt. But it does take the right guys for that to work. Finding good hunting buddies is about more than just finding good hunters to hunt with. A lot more!

04-Dec-22

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
I can handle getting shorted on trips with good friends, ponding headaches from celebrating for no real reason, elkless hills, fat women hitting on me, but one thing I can’t tolerate is this………. I feel sooooo used and dirty.

04-Dec-22
I’m with Jim, we don’t worry about it. I prefer using my truck, RV, boats, etc…and would never ask for friends to split the maintenance or repairs on them. If they chip in for fuel and food, I’m good with that. Life’s too short to sweat the small stuff.

Matt

04-Dec-22
Renting a vehicle is the simplest thing. It really pays for itself all things considered. Especially if you hit a deer in the middle of somewhere. They bring you a new one and you keep on rolling.

For 4000 miles if you were to say your operational costs are $0.25/mile, which is on the low side, that gives you $1000. I just rented crew Ram and drove it that distance, was gone for 9 days and think it was $1050 or something like that.

It keeps me from stressing. I used to travel with a friend that treated his cars like hammered shit and it would stress me out having him driving my truck.

04-Dec-22
There are more important things to worry about rather than someone beating me out of a tank of gas or a meal.

04-Dec-22
JTreeman x3…. Uncle and sister in law all go down to PA every year and we usually take my truck as it’s the biggest. But, most expensive gas wise being a diesel lol. They pay gas after we leave and usually pay for lunch etc breakfast and snacks on the way. That night I’ll buy dinner. Then we split groceries for the week between the 3 of us, we also supply the people we stay with for food etc for the week as we all eat together after done hunting. So they have a week of not going grocery shopping by allowing us to stay the week and hunt

04-Dec-22
I'm with Jim I'm going anyway I don't sweat the small stuff

04-Dec-22
Jim is being modest, he might even buy a plane ticket to come help out on a hunt that he doesn't even have a tag for.

04-Dec-22
I always use a kitty. Start & return with a full tank. All common expenses come out of the kitty. Every one throws in a certain amount of cash & when it’s gone we put some more in. On the return the leftover goes to the driver. Long trip usually a few more bucks for an oil change.

04-Dec-22
Last time I traveled (3 of us in a truck) the two who were riding ponied up money for gas and tolls, bought driver breakfast going and lunch coming back. He was ok with that deal.

04-Dec-22
I echo what JTreeman said.

04-Dec-22
JTree, I do believe we travel the same roads, the only exception if one is constantly looking for a free ride and that is resolve very quickly.

04-Dec-22
hadn't given it much thought. the few times i traveled long distance with others to hunt it seemed to work itself it out, or at least i thought it did.

if i had to give it much thought, calculate miles, and ask for money up front i know for sure i wouldn't/shouldn't be traveling long distance to hunt with them.

04-Dec-22
Ditto JTreeman!

04-Dec-22
Tree man rocks. Long before I got into the business of hunting I was on the same page as Jim. My moto was it just not matter, let's go have fun. Any of you with the attitude of Dana in that " he was ok with that " are doing it all wrong. But it's the way most were taught.

04-Dec-22

04-Dec-22
What Jim said! I ain’t rolled up as tight as some of you guys. If im on a road trip it’s with guys I know and love. Not worried about gas or food money. It will all work out.

04-Dec-22
Y’all act like the guys that say the passengers buy the gas are pikers. Not so ! The guys I hunt with won’t let me buy gas if we’re in my truck. That’s what good friends do……

04-Dec-22
Unfortunately the kitty thing came up because people didn’t do their part far to often. This way every gets to see exactly what everything costs. Friend or not everyone should carry their weight

04-Dec-22
When we got to Canada I buy the ?? and honey creullers at Tim Hortons. Tradition. Great treat

04-Dec-22
Here is our system. Simple. We put all gas on a charge card. At the end of the trip, we divide and pay.

Whoever truck qe used, and we all trade off, gets a oil change etc on us.

We all throw in a hundred bucks in the kitty for road food etc. When its gone we throw in another hundred.

I f you have to call home all the time sit un the back.

Our system has never had an issue.

04-Dec-22
Stickman and Treeman do it right. Find a hunting partner as good as mine and you will never have to worry about who is 100 bucks ahead of the other. If you can hunt together the traveling should be easy.

04-Dec-22
Only one guy I regularly go out west with and we alternate who's truck we take and filling up. The two other times I took someone else I drove and expected nothing more than for them to cover half the gas.

04-Dec-22
Card gets all the gas & then we split equal at end of trip. Vehicle leaves town with a full tank & gets a fill up when back home.. Groceries (when we cook our own) equal split. Eat out is each buys their own. Any individual costs is paid for by that person.. We rotate vehicles most times. Never a problem & I've been a many a trip..

04-Dec-22
I generally only hunt with good friends, so its never a problem. We count days, not dollars.

Traveling with the Wife, we split everything 50/50.

04-Dec-22
Alternate filling truck up, or what I like to do is start fresh with a credit card that don’t have a balance.

Use it the entire time, split the balance when you return. No need to overcomplicate it or turn it into a business transaction with rules.

I start off by not hunting with people that would argue the cost of a trip.

04-Dec-22
Dang, Ambush I need lessons on getting 50% from my wife. Oh, forget it I mite get shorted in more important things. ;)

04-Dec-22
I never really thought about it. On trips close, whoever is closest to the pump, doesnt have to pee bad, etc… sticks their card in while we are fueling up.

On trips out west, we come up with mileage, plus gas, then split by the number of hunters going. When that runs out, it diverts back to the above situation.

The only thing we’ve done as a group is split brake and rotor cost on a half ton truck that pulled way to heavy a trailer through and down Loveland pass. Warped the rotors. So, we all threw in on it when we got home to get my brothers truck fixed like it was when we left in it.

Aside from that, I’ve bought many a fast food meal, soda, beer, chips, and others snacks for my buddies while traveling on a hunt. They’ve done the same. Hard to say who’s a head. If anyone.

05-Dec-22
Same as JTreeman. In fact I’ve done that with JTreeman ;)

I don’t stress about it. I’m going no matter what. So . . .

05-Dec-22
^^^^ Well… if you’re driving, I’m riding!

05-Dec-22
You’re always welcome cnelk! I just went on a little out of state hunt by myself that I usually do with a buddy and we split fuel and hotels. Sure it cost me more by myself. But if waited around, maybe I wouldn’t have gotten to go at all! So I went and bore all the costs.

It definitely raised my cost-per-pheasant. But when I can no longer do the hunts because I’m old and wore out, am I going to regret spending a little extra money? Or not going at all?

05-Dec-22
Bake "I'm going no matter what" exactly if someone else comes along the great but I'm going regardless!

05-Dec-22
Did most of the trips myself. It was hard to convince the other guy to split it 50-50. When doing trips with others, it was much like some of those above. Don't make it like a business deal, just roughly do your share. Maybe do something a little extra for the vehicle owner. Costs were not a problem on those trips. Being anal about every nickel and dime sounds like it would make a real fun trip.

05-Dec-22
I once took fly fishing trip with 3 guys, one was a petty tightwad who tracked every expense. If we ate out, he'd split up the bill by the actual cost of each meal. He'd even kept track of how many beers each person drank, then charge each accordingly. Perhaps the funniest was he wanted to be compensated for fly tying materials of his that we used.

Needless to say, that was the last fishing trip he ever took with us.

Matt

05-Dec-22
Personally, I’d rather drive my own truck. I know it and know it’ll make the trip. I figure, I’m going anyway, so fuel is part of my hunt. If you put in, that’s icing on the cookie. I’m not going to buy your meals and food when we get there is 50/50 in a kitty. I always figure fuel as put of my hunt cost. Life’s too short to sweat a few bucks.

05-Dec-22
I usually hunt with my kids. And I pay for everything. They’re 16 and 18 now, maybe some day they’ll be able to treat their old man!!!

05-Dec-22
Hey Snuffer - very progressive

Truth is if you’re spending a bunch of time fretting about this stuff, then you’re likely hunting with the wrong guy …. or he is.

05-Dec-22
Same as Treeman.

05-Dec-22
I can't believe the extent so of you all will go to split costs. What happens if you need to pick up a gallon of windshield wiper fluid?

Pretty simple....someone drives and we split the gas.

05-Dec-22
Worse yet - what if the washer fluid price is an odd number and you have an even number of guys? Then what?

05-Dec-22
The washer fluid should be full when you start the trip - at least a responsible vehicle owner/driver will check it ;)

05-Dec-22
Grey Ghost , been there, heh heh. I have always been lucky always went with fun crews

05-Dec-22
Me and my partner drive over 4,000 miles in September. We just take turns buying diesel fuel. We just swap out each year using our trucks. We leave Georgia and go to Wyoming and down to Colorado each year bowhunting.

05-Dec-22
Yes if you have some great partners consider yourself fortunate. I know very few people with common interests. Even fewer who are truly great to travel with. I’ve outlived most of my best partners. Happy to treat some young guys to a trip these days. My son in laws are great to travel with but don’t yet have the means or vacation for some of these trips. Very few people seem to understand what it takes to own & maintain equipment required to hunt & fish. By the time they step in my boat, fish house or truck I’ve spent countless hours & dollars preparing for a trip. I don’t think splitting fuel costs is anal. Some guys don’t earn another invite. Seems to me the cheapest of people often are the ones who can most easily afford it.

05-Dec-22
"Grey Ghost , been there, heh heh. I have always been lucky always went with fun crews"

It was even worse than I described. The same clown lost $250 in a poker game on that trip, which was all the cash he had. Afterwards, he whined that "true friends would offer to give his money back." The irony was, after all the penny counting he did on expenses, we ended up paying for his share of the trip with his lost poker money.

Matt

05-Dec-22
GG - I have a similar story but …. He might be reading this thread. :) $$$$$$$$$

05-Dec-22
JTreeman X2.

I really don't want to stress over it, if I come up on the short end, so be it!

05-Dec-22
What Jim said....I just get out and pay for the gas. If my buddy beats me to the pump then he pays for gas. If you're going hunting with the right guys it all equals out in the end. Food, snacks, beer, bourbon, everyone provides and no one bitches. I can tell which commenters above I'd be happy to go with and could trust...in fact I have gone with a bunch of them!

05-Dec-22
We would pay alternately for gas, by each other's dinners, split the food at the grocery stores or restaurants, take turns paying for motel rooms, split any auto repairs or tire repairs, and then I just said enough and said why don't one of us just put everything on a card on the way out and when we get back home, or to the airport split it in half and I'll write you a check. Been doing that ever since and it's way better than splitting things every stop along the way. We kind of laugh about totaling up all the stupid receipts in the hotel room the night before we get on the plane and then I just take my checkbook out and write a check. Also, there are no rules of restrictions on dinner or drinks. Eat what you want drink what you want it all gets split in half. You may order steak one night and I have spaghetti, or you may eat steak every night and I eat hamburger it doesn't matter. It all gets split in the end so eat and drink what you like. We had someone go with us one year that says someone was eating too much steak, and we did not invite him the next year. Our feelings are If you have to worry about the cost difference of a few dinners you probably shouldn't be going out west on a hunting trip. Now, if you order that $23,000 bottle of wine I saw at the last steakhouse I might take issue!

05-Dec-22
Have not even worried about it the last 20 years. Not worth the math. We just go and everyone pays their fare share. Often it is my adult kids. They just jump out and say my turn to buy and so it goes. My hunting partner Bob and I just seem to come out even at the end of the trip. Never felt like I was on the short end and most of the time it is my truck. But then that is what I have my truck for - Hunting trips!

05-Dec-22
Purchase alternating tanks of fuel, purchase on food and split lodging.

06-Dec-22
We would alternate paying for gas, meals, motels. Save receipts and settle up at the end of the trip.

06-Dec-22
Since the State line is within spitting distance I have the option to walk, drive, or sometimes motorcycle out of State

06-Dec-22
I don’t worry about it either. I hunt with guys who feel the same way. I try to pick up the tab on meals sometimes just because. We all just takes turns paying for fuel and No body ever feels cheated. Groceries are easy to split. I have even paid for a hotel room for a few days for a friend because I knew he’d do the same if I needed it. Life is short and I feel like the Lord has blessed me.

10-Dec-22
Thanks for the input and suggestions.

11-Dec-22
I don’t worry about it a lot. I’ve traveled with several on this thread and never seen to be an issue. Jim and I usually take turns on gas if either of us drive or cover meals, etc. never been an issue.

To Brad’s point, most anyone would like some courtesy if sharing a ride, lodging, food or whatever.

I’m just not going to do a spreadsheet on it to make sure it all comes out equal. Our time is worth more than that, at least mine is anyway

15-Dec-22
I only hunt out of state with good buddies who are more than willing to chip in anytime for anything and we don’t stress it .. choose ur hunting pals wisely

13-Feb-23
Rotate trucks used. Try to remember who bought the last tank of gas. Try to keep it fairly even on any food. And have fun.

13-Feb-23
Depends how well you know the folks.

I had an old high school friend who had this theory that if you hung with the right crowd, it all came out in the wash. The rest of my life has borne that out.

13-Feb-23
Depends. I have a friend who has a boat at the lake and his fridge is always stocked with beer. I always fill the boat up with we're down for the weekend. If we happen to go on a trip together I get all the gas even if we use my truck. As said above... it all washes out in the end if you are in the right crowd.

13-Feb-23
In my truck solo. No friends.

13-Feb-23
I hear Newsome is working out fines or taxes for California residents that move from the state.

So pretty soon you will need papers giving you permission to leave that great state to hunt. Does the driver pay the fines or does the whole hunting party chip in :>))))

13-Feb-23
Why are you having the discussion with us? Have it with your buddies. Driver gets ticket for any traffic infractions. Owner of truck should get a price break on gas. If others disagree tell them the group will take their vehicle instead.

13-Feb-23
If your group isn't forthcoming enough that it's not an issue you could consider calculating the round trip mileage, multiply that by the Federal mileage reimbursement rate everyone except the vehicle owner pony up an equal share up front. The vehicle owner uses the fund for fuel, and keeps the rest for maintenance and upkeep

13-Feb-23
Current rate is $.655/ mile , 2,000 mile trip is $1,310 "crew" is vehicle owner/driver plus two, each rider forks over $655 up front easy-peasy. Split everything else food, lodging parking etc evenly.

13-Feb-23

13-Feb-23

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
Fly to Alaska, drive pretty much everywhere else…

13-Feb-23
Traveled to CO for years hunting with 4-5 guys in 2 trucks but running together. Get ready to leave with all thrower 300 in kitty. We furled at same times and ate together. Used to kitty for everything from fuel, food and groceries. Inevitably kitty was deprecated we all add another couple hundred. The only rule we had was if you had a habit such as Chewing or alcohol you bought that with your own money whenever. Hunted like this for years with no issues. That being said choose western hunting partners wisely. Can make for a long trip for sure.

One year one of our buddies brother in law wanted to go out west. He was a non hunter just wanted to go for the trip. Turned out to be a crummy bitch to say the least. No help around camp and over all a pain from the get go. He thought we were taking him on a guided camping trip I guess. Turned out to be the worst western trip I’ve ever been on. Simply because he was a good buddies brother in law was the only reason I never beat him to a pulp.

13-Feb-23
Whem I drive with buddies to hunt, we just take turns filling the tank. If someone made me prepay before we even left based on some algorithm, I’d let them be someone else’s hunting partner.

I’ve had to tell someone it was their tank to buy exactly once 25+ years ago. He remains one of my best friends.

13-Feb-23
While not hunting, we have vacationed with multiple families in the same house. We typically keep grocery receipts and split evenly at the end of the trip.

I whole heartedly believe in everyone doing the right thing and chipping in their fair share. As most have said in most cases it’s a non issue. However, almost as bad as the folks not wanting to chip in are those who insist on paying for everything and going above and beyond….

13-Feb-23
"I had an old high school friend who had this theory that if you hung with the right crowd, it all came out in the wash."

So, if a guy you went to high school with is old, that makes you....?

13-Feb-23

14-Feb-23
I occasionally pay for tags and motel if my friends don't have the cash. It beats paying an outfitter 5x as much or going alone. Memories are worth more to me than saved money and these are friends I've had 20 years. My friend was able to take his teenage son this year and introduced him to elk hunting because I bought his tag. He ended up shooting a giant 6x6 on public and his son also got a shot at it. I've never seen them more happy. All the other guys, we just split costs.

14-Feb-23
Matt I agree. It shouldn't require that. I was just suggesting a possible fair way to handle it dis.

16-Feb-23
"Unfortunately the kitty thing came up because people didn’t do their part far to often."

That's a pretty easy one, get better friends.

17-Feb-23
Randy/Owl, I remember once you had to remind me to "pony up" which I gladly did. I still feel bad that you even had to ask. I feel like I probably owe you a couple grand and a lot of "thank you"'s if truth were known.

17-Feb-23
I have traveled on many hunting adventures with several different hunting friends some have worked out other havent.I do like to drive my own vehicle but on the few occasions i have rode with others, the best way i have found is we charge all gas get receipts and at the end of the trip total it and divide it ,now on a long distant trip the vehicle owner should get a slight discount for wear and tear on the vehicle but should pay his fair share. When i take my own vehicle i always let my hunting bud use it as if it was his but that backfired on me on one of my last trips when we used my friends truck ,had agreed to buy food when we got to our destination but he bought his before we left unbeknown to me as it was about 1200 miles .so after setting up camp it was 4 days before we got to a market so i could by my food , He wouldnt even let me take his truck after several time he drove mine on many hunting trips like Huntiam said choose your hunting Buds wisely!!!!!

17-Feb-23
4K round trip give or take, 2 of us alternate fill ups & switching drivers. We drive straight through going out, usually 32 hours, on candy bars and Pepsi. On the return trip, we stop the first evening for a good meal, and a motel room for a shower and rest and we split the cost. Then it's back to alternate fill ups the rest of the way home. Works for us.

17-Feb-23
Sounds really simple Rutstrut. Good partners are not easy to find. Most people my age aren’t getting after it anymore. I know even fewer that are adventurous & willing to spend money

17-Feb-23
I went on few fishing trips with friends from church. The organizer had an old bank money bag . Everyone kicked in a couple hundred dollars ,except truck owne. Gas and tolls paid from the bag. At end of trip , enough money was left for an oil change . Truck owner bought groceries and was split between everyone . Never a word or issue .

Went with my uncle's group of farmers ,fishing several times . They did it the same way . One year my group had room ,so we invited my uncle and his buddy , a wealthy farmer . At end of trip they asked how much they owed for groceries . I rounded it off on the low end . Told them $40 each. A couple said no way we could eat for a week for $40 . I said close enough for me. Unknown to me the wealthy farmer complained to my uncle that was too much. My uncle spoiled his group as he was only charging them $15 for groceries . Another trip ,that I was not on , one guy picked up 2 lbs of cheese . The wealthy farmer said he didn't eat any of the cheese so " don't except him to split that cost ". Needless to say I didn't invite him to go on my trips again and nether did my uncle's group . With good guys it all works out . In fact on one trip , I was going to fillet the fish for supper and in passing said to the wealthy farmer ," want to give me a hand ? ", his reply " I didn't come up here to work". We still get a chuckle retelling Dale stories . I guarantee you we had fun regardless .

17-Feb-23
Any of you ever rent a vehicle in the states and go to Canada and back with it? Will car rentals allow it?

17-Feb-23
When four of us went to Colorado to hunt elk we all threw $100 or so into an envelope to pay for gas. When we got back we filled the tank and divided what was left four ways.

17-Feb-23
Yeah 12 yards that’s fair & foolproof

19-Feb-23
Way to much fretting over costs and fair shares Lets just go have fun and maybe even shoot something

22-Mar-23
fuzzy, the only thing you owe me is to go on our next trip.:)

Matt, I hunt with a couple of retirees, now, too… When that fact sank in, I’m pretty sure it gave me arthritis.

22-Mar-23
I only go on hunting trips with my dad and brother. We don't keep track of anything really. If someone pays for a motel room, someone else gets the meals and someone else gets a couple fuel ups. Any of us would pay for everything and not say a word and be happy. Like said above. Life's too short to sweat it. Just too much fun hunting with them.

23-Mar-23
I travel excitedly!

Ballpark costs dished out and one equalization pmt. Ballpark changing out who's truck we used last time vs next time. Done more out of respect for the other guy, as no one is really keeping track and each guy wants to make sure he isn't accidentally the tightwad.

26-Mar-23
Rock,paper, scissor.. no he drives I buy. I drive I buy. Food rotated. Camping fees split.

26-Mar-23
Fitz. No. Split it all. If you have good buddies, they’ll pay more than their share.

26-Mar-23
Fitz, consider renting a car and save your rig the wear and tear. Just make sure you have unlimited mileage which is a common part of rentals.

03-Apr-23
When it comes to road trips, my friends and I usually split gas and toll costs evenly, and if someone is driving their own car, we don't typically offer them a discount, since they're still putting wear and tear on their vehicle. On a separate note, have you ever considered taking a cruise for your next vacation? It's a way to explore new destinations and enjoy all-inclusive amenities like meals, entertainment, and activities. If you're interested, you can check out this website I recently stumbled upon called cruisetimetables.com. Also, I just wanted to mention that I'm new to this forum as well, so it's great to connect with other travelers and share ideas.

03-Apr-23
After years of bonzai trips out west, working all day, rotating drivers that were just as freaking tired as I was, and not being able to fully rest, I decided I'd rather hunt alone. Now I can take my time, stop where and when I want, and I'm not at all stressed. Truth is the cost savings by riding with other people never was enough to put up with their quirks...seems there's always a guy that's cheap as hell, another that won't shut-up, and one that whines about everything. I don't drive west often, but when I do, I do it ALONE.

04-Apr-23
How do I travel?

I go heeled.

The 1800s western definition of Heeled, not the financial version. Very well armed and equipped for any situation on the road.

For hunting trips, pretty much rotate vehicles and or the driver gets a break.

We also have an annual winter trip to Florida where 30 to 45 people go.

One friend pays for everyone’s transportation and lodging for the week. Then they pay him back throughout the following year. He says this allows more to go and have more to spend while on vacation because he fronts much of it.

He has been doing this for well over 30 years. And his system allows people to afford to go that wouldn’t normally go.

04-Apr-23
How do I travel?

I go heeled.

The 1800s western definition of Heeled, not the financial version. Very well armed and equipped for any situation on the road.

For hunting trips, pretty much rotate vehicles and or the driver gets a break.

We also have an annual winter trip to Florida where 30 to 45 people go.

One friend pays for everyone’s transportation and lodging for the week. Then they pay him back throughout the following year. He says this allows more to go and have more to spend while on vacation because he fronts much of it.

He has been doing this for well over 30 years. And his system allows people to afford to go that wouldn’t normally go.

04-Apr-23
On a separate note, have you ever considered taking a cruise for your next vacation? It's a way to explore new destinations and enjoy all-inclusive amenities like meals, entertainment, and activities.

All the time, went on 6 last year. Only, they wouldn’t let me bring my bow on the ship.

17-Apr-23

Enulicha's Link
In order to travel to another state, you can use various modes of transportation, such as car, train, bus, or plane. If you are flying to New York City and need to get to Manhattan from JFK Airport, here is the detailed information https://atobtransfer.com/usa/how-to-get-from-jfk-to-manhattan/ that will help you.

17-Apr-23

25-Apr-23
When it comes to sharing and paying for travel expenses, there are a few different ways you can approach it. One option is to split all the expenses evenly among everyone in the group, including gas, food, and lodging. This way, everyone pays the same amount, and no one person ends up shouldering the majority of the cost. We tried it this way with my family on our last trip, and I paid for the hotel (Jungle Vista Boutique Hotel). Another option is to designate one person as the driver and have them cover the cost of gas and vehicle expenses. In this case, the other group members would then cover the cost of food and lodging.

17-May-23
Planning a long-distance trip with friends or family can be exciting but requires some coordination. Regarding sharing and paying travel expenses, having an open discussion with everyone involved is essential. Consider splitting the costs evenly or based on the number of people or days each person will be present. As for the guy providing the vehicle, it's reasonable to discuss a discounted rate or some contribution towards the expenses.

If you need any advice or want to explore travel options, you can visit www.justgousa.uk. They have useful information to help you plan your hunting trip. Best of luck with your adventure, and enjoy the journey!

• Sitka Gear