Contributors to this thread:
wisconsinteacher 05-Dec-22
t-roy 05-Dec-22
Bou'bound 05-Dec-22
wisconsinteacher 05-Dec-22
t-roy 05-Dec-22
Smtn10PT 05-Dec-22
05-Dec-22
I'm heading west to cat hunt in 3 weeks. I have most of my gear ready to go. Layers of cloths, gators, boots that are broken in, pack, trekking poles, coolers, ski goggles for ATV rides, ice fishing bibs for traveling on ATV, and a survival kit for my pack.

I will be with a guide and am wondering if I am missing anything? Should a guy pack snowshoes, micro spikes, ex????

I feel I can handle the cold, I'm just making sure I am not missing anything vital that will make the hunt better?

05-Dec-22
Check with your outfitter on the snowshoes, etc. They may provide you with that stuff, if it’s needed. They provided me with snowshoes on my hunt in 2012. They were a lifesaver, for sure.

05-Dec-22
Spare battery pack for phone camera cold Kills them

05-Dec-22
I have a buddy with a Go-Pro. I am thinking about taking that as well. Any ideas of the best way to mount it or use it for the shot? (if given the chance)

05-Dec-22
Probably on a headband would work the best. I’d borrow it from him and mess around with it, to get used to it.

05-Dec-22
tactacam bow mount takes pretty good video. I prefer that over any gopro videos ive watched.

• Sitka Gear