Zackman 11-Dec-22
Zbone 12-Dec-22
t-roy 12-Dec-22
EmbryOklahoma 12-Dec-22
Ambush 13-Dec-22
BULELK1 13-Jan-23
t-roy 13-Jan-23
08-Dec-22
Even if it was killed in a rifle only area. They should share it and story on bowsite. ;)

08-Dec-22
I don't think anyone here owes you squat....most of us are now fighting with our spouses on why we don't need another lab thanks to your adorably cute puppy pics of Ishi! :)

08-Dec-22
Have you checked the OK forum yet?

08-Dec-22
Agreed John! Think one of his quality write ups is due.

08-Dec-22
Ok forum? Last time I went there other than selling love potions no one has posted there in 3 years.

08-Dec-22
Russ bowsite is what jumped started this puppy for us. Molson posted a picture of his silver labs puppies (our other lab is silver) and I sent to wife. That lead to a PM to Molson. He recommended a breeder and we put down a down payment. That ended up not working out and got from someone else. But had not posted that I don't know that we would have a puppy right now.

Oh way to throw off trying to get Rick to post some elk pics!

08-Dec-22
Maybe wait until January when ALL the Bowsiters have finished their Oklahoma elk hunts. :-)

08-Dec-22

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
Gonna eat good tonight. ;)

I’ll post a full story over on the Oklahoma forum if anyone wants to read it. Tonight I’m butchering t-loins and back straps. Oh, and cooking them. Lordy I’ve sure missed elk. :)

08-Dec-22
I also posted on the Oklahoma forum. I will not compete with Rick's ability to tell a story! Dude needs to write a book!

08-Dec-22
Rick looking forward to it and congrats!

08-Dec-22
Thank you guys! Gun hunting is a different animal, for me. But I did have success, and grateful for the opportunity the state of Oklahoma provided.

08-Dec-22
Never been to the OK, forum but I guess I’ll have to now…….

08-Dec-22
Drycreek that surprises me as you Texass guys are always looking up to us in Okiehoma.

08-Dec-22
Just moved to Oklahoma and I didn't even know we had elk here. I was checking hunters into the Refuge this morning for a controlled hunt and one told me he just shot a cow near Lawton and his buddy shot a bull. Well I didn't even know Lawton was in Oklahoma until I googled elk in Oklahoma.

Cool tag is only 51 bucks for residents. I'm sure the draw odds are great:)

08-Dec-22
Scrappy if you up for a road trip sometime the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge is worth checking out. Big deer, bison, elk, and neat scenery.

08-Dec-22

PushCoArcher's embedded Photo
PushCoArcher's embedded Photo
Definitely a amazing place.

09-Dec-22
Thanks John, I was told some of my equipment is at that refuge but no one mentioned all the critters there. I guess I will be making a road.

09-Dec-22
Maybe someday....Only have 24 points...lol. Maybe when I get 40!

09-Dec-22
Could you of bow hunted if you wanted to?

09-Dec-22
You cannot bow hunt, or I would have.

09-Dec-22

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
I spend a few days in there every year. It’s a neat place. Maybe one day I’ll draw a tag.

09-Dec-22
I posted a little story on the Oklahoma forum on my GUN elk hunt… ;)

It’s under the “controlled hunt” thread.

10-Dec-22
Love potions? Cool!

10-Dec-22
I’m headed out there for a hunt in mid-January. I drew a second choice cow. Ya gotta believe!

10-Dec-22
I’m headed out there for a hunt in mid-January. I drew a second choice cow. Ya gotta believe!

11-Dec-22
Congrats Rick!

12-Dec-22
Elk Archery Oct 1, 2022 - Jan 15, 2023, wow would be cool to draw an archery tag with season being 3-1/2 months long...

12-Dec-22
Good luck in January, Aaron!

12-Dec-22
The draws are REALLY low odds. One thing that has opened up others, like myself to draw, is the “walk-in” hunts that the state of Oklahoma has added the last several years. It has allowed those putting in for bull tags to have better odds. Any elk hunt at the Wichita Mountains is once in a lifetime whether it’s cow or bull. I thank the guys putting in for the cow tags to allow my one chance. :)

13-Dec-22
Very cool hunt Rick, for a number of reasons. Congrats on a genuine OIL hunt and a nice bull.

I have mental pictures in my head about what some states look like and I'm many times totally surprised how far off my imaginings are. OK is definitely one of them!

13-Jan-23
Y'all are kicking it on Okie Elk!

I just got another text of an Elk Down!

Think I'll jump over to the Okie home page and catch up.

Good luck, Robb

13-Jan-23
Pretty sure another Bowsiter did, recently…..He must just be laying low.

• Sitka Gear