EmbryOklahoma 09-Dec-22
Cheesehead Mike 09-Dec-22
badbull 09-Dec-22
Jaquomo 09-Dec-22
Zbone 10-Dec-22
Cheesehead Mike 11-Dec-22
Whocares 11-Dec-22
09-Dec-22
How big of a pot would I need for an elk skull? I measured the skull and from nose to back of skull and it was 19”. Of course the one I use for whitetails isn't large enough.

What do you use? Ed… I know you have Beatles! ;)

09-Dec-22
Oblong one works well, oval they call it I think. 2 gallon ight be the size the spouse uses for elk.

09-Dec-22
Bottom of a 55 gallon drum. If your lookin for a portable unit google it Thiers a unit that is the exact dimensions of an elk skull and meant to be used in a camp

09-Dec-22
Actually might be a 4 gal after looking at specs online for Behrens hot dipped tubs.

09-Dec-22

Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Rick,

I use the same one I use for deer. Surprisingly, it worked for elk. Just have to remove the bottom jaw before you start. I don’t know the size but this picture might give enough perspective. I can give you details when I get home but you can pick these galvanized containers up just about anywhere.

09-Dec-22
Mark, that might work! I’ll look at the local hardware stores and feed stores for something similar. Thanks!

09-Dec-22

Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
I use the bottom half of a 55 gallon barrel.

Matt

09-Dec-22
Beatles were lame. Stones rocked, and still do!

09-Dec-22
He had beetles too… lol!

09-Dec-22
I use a galvanized rectangle tub that I bought at Walmart. It was intended to be used to carry ice and beer, it even came with a bottle opener. It's the perfect size for an elk skull. I take the top shelf off of a gas grill and set it on the grill. It works great.

09-Dec-22
I like the idea of a 55gal. drum/barrel for a Russian wild boar euro. Any idea where to look for an oil drum? I have not seen any around the hardware or feed stores. Badbull

09-Dec-22
Rick, I have an album I bought in 1965 by a band called The Buggs. The album is The Beetle Beat. Could be the theme album for guys with dermastid colonies!

10-Dec-22
Problem I always had ya have to submerge a little of the antler bases in order to submerge the skull cap and it bleaches the antlers...

11-Dec-22
Wrap cling wrap around the antlers and then wrap the burrs and bases very tight with electrical tape to the point that you are stretching the tape. It protects the bases from losing their color.

11-Dec-22
I used a cut off 55 gallon barrel this Fall and did 7 elk one week. You can actually get 2 elk in at one time. Used Oxy Clean and some baking soda. And a pressure washer.

• Sitka Gear