LBshooter 09-Dec-22
stick slinger 09-Dec-22
CBFROMND 09-Dec-22
Paul@thefort 09-Dec-22
Lewis 09-Dec-22
ILbowhntr 09-Dec-22
orionsbrother 09-Dec-22
09-Dec-22
Saw a buck tending a doe this morning and wanting to get back out tonight. I’ve been using a buck decoy frequently this fall and it seems to be a net positive so far. My question is this. It started snowing now. Will snow pilling up on a decoy be a bad thing? I’ve seen snow on deer, but not a lot. Anyone have experience or thoughts on decoy use if there is snow setting on it?

09-Dec-22
I wouldn’t think it would hurt a thing. Seen lots of deer walking around with snow on their backs/foreheads. I’m sure the deer have seen it way more than I have, too.

09-Dec-22
If anything the snow may knock down some human scent on the decoy.

Matt

09-Dec-22
Depends how much, if it's a mound I would think it could hurt. If it just covers I think you'd be ok, I seen deer with snow on the that just covers.

09-Dec-22

stick slinger's embedded Photo
stick slinger's embedded Photo
Well, the snow turned to slop, then rain, then stopped. No dear have come by to give there opinion anyhow.

09-Dec-22
Love the houses in the background... looks like eggs and bacon or hot soup are not to far away on a sloppy day! Good Luck out there!

09-Dec-22
Melt snow! How about a brown heater vest to place over it's back but just turn the vest inside out. Hey, just a thought. :) I was told, all ideas are good, just that some are better that others.

09-Dec-22
Damn Paul that’s a helluva plan wonder you put scent on it would the heat send some steamy scent into the air just saying good luck Lewis

09-Dec-22

ILbowhntr's embedded Photo
ILbowhntr's embedded Photo
My decoy’s a little busy at this time.

09-Dec-22
If I leave my 3D deer target out in my back yard instead of taking it in, bucks will wander through and “kill” it. It doesn’t seem to matter if it has snow on it or not.

• Sitka Gear