DonVathome 18-Dec-23
fuzzy 18-Dec-23
BOHNTR 18-Dec-23
BOHNTR 18-Dec-23
bigeasygator 18-Dec-23
Mule Power 18-Dec-23
longspeak74 19-Dec-23
09-Dec-22
I do not normally wear a wristwatch everyday, however I like to wear one when I'm hunting. When hunting, I don't like having to pull out my phone to check the time and can just check the wristwatch easily. I use cheapo watches, with some illumination is good, but not a deal breaker. Hope to get one season out of it.

Hunting is an escape for me and I am not constantly checking the time for sure, but I like to be able to check the time when the notion crosses my mind. Any thoughts on watches?

09-Dec-22
I have a wrist watch on my bow riser - dont even have to move my arm to check the time

09-Dec-22
Never. I was given a Rolex as a retirement gift from a company that I worked for. Turns out it was a fake. I didn't mind because I never wore it anyway. LOL.

Matt

09-Dec-22
I have a Garmin watch. I use it for running but it also has all kinds of useful hunting tools on it including topos and linking with my inreach.

09-Dec-22
I used to wear a watch until cell phones came along. Not so much anymore. The band broke on the last watch I wore and I never bothered to get a new one.

09-Dec-22
I stopped wearing a watch when I moved out here

09-Dec-22
I was given a Tag Heuer watch for retirement 11 years ago. Have not worn it a week in those 11 years.

09-Dec-22
I stopped wearing a watch when I retired. The only time I do wear one now is when I’m hunting, and every once in a while, fishing. Like the OP, I also wear a cheap one. It’s a $20 Casio analog wristwatch that I believe is in it’s 6th or 7th year. When the battery finally dies, I’ll get another $20 Walmart special.

09-Dec-22
I wear a Apple Watch, in an emergency they can use the tracking to find me so the coyotes don't get to feast on me.

09-Dec-22
Cellphones have watches now? Next thing you know they will have cameras. I said that tongue in cheek. I wear a wristwatch. I d have a cell phone but it is folded up and turned off in my pack. It is too bad that we rely on a watch while hunting. My eyes tell me when I can see well enough to shoot and I know when it is too dark for my eyes at the end of the day.

09-Dec-22
Years ago I always wore one or sometimes had one mounted on my riser. Lost quite a few climbing trees from strap pins popping loose or broken straps. Found a couple of the the following year going back to the same tree. Cell phones are a blessing & a huge distraction

09-Dec-22
Quit wearing a watch when I got my first Blackberry then an iPhone about plus 15 yrs ago.

09-Dec-22
Nope.

09-Dec-22
I used to wear a watch always. Usually a cheap digital Casio or Timex. When they broke it was usually while trying to get my stand off my back and the backpack straps would snap the band off the clock part. Now I just look at my phone when I want to know what time it is......which I usually have to pull out of my pocket twice because I usually get distracted by something else on my phone the first time I pull it out and forget to look at the time. Then I pull it out again when I remember I wanted to know what time it was.

09-Dec-22
I started wearing watches when I was in middle school, Waaaay before cell phones. I now feel naked without one.

They are handy while hunting. Easier to access at first and last light to determine legal shooting time. I do not like to have my cell phone light up myself when checking times early and late.

09-Dec-22
Yes, I wear a nice mechanical watch. My son is a watchmaker and you would be surprised at what some folks with money wear for a watch. They sure don't just tell time anymore and I'm talking about mechanical watches, not quartz movement watches. I also do not carry a cell phone with me everywhere that does almost anything you need it to.

09-Dec-22
I cheat and use a battery operated watch . It is analog. For you young guys it has hands. Sorry, that is a poke at my grandkids.

09-Dec-22
Only when in the high country hunting elk. At the end of the season I pull the button out on the side thst sets the time and it stops and next year I push it back in and the battery is still good. Lol

09-Dec-22
I do wear one for the same reason as you. Hate checking my phone. Rather turn it off and leave it off. Plus I need an alarm so the watch serves that purpose too.

09-Dec-22
Yup, it keeps an honest hunter honest.

Just an example, shooting time ends 6:45 pm and a very large buck came in at 6:47 pm, would you shoot it and no one but God knows about it.

09-Dec-22
No

09-Dec-22
I wear a "till" watch. If you ask me what time it is I will say 10 till 5. Not 4-50.

09-Dec-22

Swampbuck's embedded Photo
Swampbuck's embedded Photo
Yep, lite weight timex

09-Dec-22
A $30 Casio, old habits die hard.

09-Dec-22
Yikes! I might struggle with that one jjs! Just so you know, I usually quit significantly before LST ends. I usually hunt with stand and sticks so like a little light as I'm taking everything down.

09-Dec-22
Been wearing one for 49 years or so. It doesn't feel right if it's not on my arm. Just a cheap Timex digital. I have replaced the band on it several times, but never the battery. Just keeps going. I'm one of those who will always wear one I guess.

09-Dec-22
Garmin Instinct Solar, got it at the Pope & Young silent auction last year.

09-Dec-22
Yes, every day.

09-Dec-22
Wear a Timex Ironman every day. Feel naked without it. Phones killed watches.

09-Dec-22
I wear a wrist watch everyday...been doing that for over 60 years. Timex Expedition with the push button light...about $35 bucks and they last 5 years or so.

09-Dec-22
Old fart here, Timex with hands, has a light if you press the stem. Battery lasts about 5 years if you use the light a lot. I do.

Doctors are going to have a hard time in the future. As part of their wellness checks to see if your brain is still ticking they ask you to draw a clock at a specific time. If you can't tell time on an analog clock you going to be automatically diagnosed with oldtimers. They also give you three words to test short term memery. I gave them last years words and then this years words, impressed the nurse.

Terry

09-Dec-22
your watches only last 1 year? i'm on the same cheapo timex ironman watch from like a decade ago.

09-Dec-22
No jewelry of any kind

09-Dec-22
I do the same. Don't normally wear one. But a cheapo one just to wear while hunting so I don't just stare at me phone the whole time.

09-Dec-22
Timex indiglo. Enough light to see a few items when I need to. When I can hear it ticking I know it will be a good day on stand..

09-Dec-22
No

09-Dec-22
Garmin with heart rate, gps, can set up running interval programs, count laps in the pool, etc. If I weren't tracking/programming my fitness, I'd still have a cheapie watch because I'd feel naked without one.

09-Dec-22

GDx's embedded Photo
GDx's embedded Photo

09-Dec-22
No. It would get terribly dirty and smelly If I wore one everyday. I don’t wear ridiculous bracelets or rings either. Actually, I don’t wear any kind of bling. Lol while hunting, I use a cheap watch and it’s usually not even on my wrist. It’s usually in my pocket.

09-Dec-22
Yep, always have. Must be a generational thing.

09-Dec-22
I feel naked without a watch. $30 Casio works great

09-Dec-22
Yep, even though I always have an iPhone with me, I still wear a wrist watch…….old habits are hard to break.

09-Dec-22
Casio G-Shock for hunting and backpacking. Had it for +5 years on the same battery and no issues.

09-Dec-22
Yes, wear one daily. Take it off when I go to sleep or have sex.

09-Dec-22
After retiring, I'm finding myself wearing a watch less and less. "What is time to a hog?"

09-Dec-22
For everyday life, yes. Usually my 1994 Seiko analog/digital combo (my all-time favorite), though I have others. For hunting. never. I always have my phone, and I have a small, inexpensive clip-on watch on my backpack or fanny pack, positioned so I can see it without moving should I feel the need to check the time.

09-Dec-22
Wear one to work but never hunting.

09-Dec-22
No. Time is relative.

09-Dec-22
Used to wear Seiko watches. I’ve had an Apple Watch for a few years now.

09-Dec-22
When hunting I carry a watch in my pocket, which I rarely (if ever) use. If I can see the sun I know what time it is. The phone/leash stays in the truck.

09-Dec-22
Garmin watch here.

09-Dec-22
Nope

09-Dec-22
I wear a wrist watch but, when I hunt in a stand I have a pocket watch I hang up so I don't have to move to tell time. I keep a log with what I see and the time it comes out and where from so I have an idea of the times of most activity. Be suprised how on a schedule some animals are.

09-Dec-22
Everyday, rain, snow, sleet or hail, since I was 15....45 years and counting. would be lost without it....old habits die hard. Analog baby!!

09-Dec-22
A friend of mine loves watches. He doesn’t hunt so he’s not that great of a guy. He always has a watch on each wrist. We were on vacation with them this spring and he was excited deciding which watches to take along. Some people love their watches.

09-Dec-22
Sounds like he needs a hobby! ;-)

09-Dec-22
I too use a pocket watch in top bibs pocket. Not worried about movement just move slow.

09-Dec-22
I wear Walmart that cost $8.88 last 2to 3 years hoping santa brings me a timex indiglo but now I see they have a solar one wonder what they cost.

09-Dec-22
I have worn a Seiko for 30 years.

10-Dec-22
No, won't wear a metal band watch ever since I saw that game warden yrs ago get struck by lightning like 4 times... leather or other material bands hold all kinds of stink... I place a sundial near my stand and check that once in a while, makes a good yardage marker also. ;0)

10-Dec-22
Can’t imagine not wearing a watch. A quick roll of the wrist in the middle of the night. For a time check.

10-Dec-22
I've been wearing a Timex Ironman of one version or another for about as long as they've been available. Typically, the rubber banded variety. I have a couple of fancy watches, but I never wear them.

10-Dec-22
Yup Apple Watch all the time.

10-Dec-22
For my job it's kind of a necessity, so I wear one. I have a G-shock as I need something durable, it's lasted years.

11-Dec-22
I wear a garmin gps watch hunting incase I get turned around walking out in the dark

11-Dec-22

11-Dec-22
During much of my career I was kind of bound to the watch. Meetings, appts, timing on projects etc. So I always said when I retire I'll never wear a watch again And I haven't in 16 1/2 years. Always a way to know what time it is, like when the lakes freeze or thaw, or the leaves come down, Santa shows up, the urge to hunt, football starts, you know what I mean! Oh, and been a widower for 22 years so nobody to report to! :) Ah, and guess what they gave me as a retirement gift!! Yup, a gold one.

11-Dec-22
I used to wear a watch all the time and had to because of my job. My grandfather never wore a watch and could tell the time of the day by the sun really well. I am now like my grandfather and don't worry about the time. If I really need to know I check my flip phone.

11-Dec-22
I work outside and on sunny days I can tell what time it is to within 30 minutes or less of what the clock says. And like Shuteye, if I need to know the time to the minute, I check my flip phone too! It's really not all that difficult to do. And it's FREE!!!

16-Dec-22
I always wear a watch, so no different when in the field. Timex indiglo is useful and inexpensive but does mean a little more movement to reach over and push the button. I am a big fan of Luminox watches, as the time can easily be seen at any light level, and the rotating bezel is useful for marking waiting time.

16-Dec-22
Casio G-Shock. I never take it off, they usually last me 4 or 5 years.

My Nuclear Cardiology patients have to uptake for 30 minutes after injection, so I use the countdown timer/alarm. Since I need it all day at work, I am used to wearing it all the time.

16-Dec-22
Wow Matt, a fake Rolex for Retirement? I bet that gives you a warm and fuzzy for your old employer eh? There has to be a “the rest of the story” on that one…

Ive never been enamored with expensive cars, jewelry or watches. I wear a nice Citizens Eco watch daily but no watch on hunts; shiny, clunky with the potential to get bloody, scratched etc.

A couple folks here locally in Ca have been held up at gunpoint for their nice watches and jewelry….one recently going into Trader Joes in Danville. In this political environment where criminal have free reign, I prefer not having a target on my back.

06-Feb-23
I have a timex Indeglo hanging from the turn signal in my truck. It’s always right there to put on when I go hunting. I find that looking at my phone messes with my vision in low light so I prefer the watch. About the only time I wear a watch anymore is hunting. I’ve lost several thru the years. The pins pop out when hugging trees. I look for a watch with a strap that goes under the watch for that reason.

06-Feb-23
Always wear a watch. A few years back I bought a Casio G-shock - a basic one without all the doo-dads - but it has solar and atomic clock sync. Always on time and never a dead battery. I've worn it through all kinds of weather, work and outdoors. Holds up to about any abuse.

06-Feb-23
I have the new bridgelock riser-watch from Mathews. Proprietary wrist strap fits perfectly into an otherwise completely unnecessary hole in the riser. The integral harmonic dampener comes in a variety of colours and adds to the deadness in the hand, making it even deader in the hand. MSRP $398.99

06-Feb-23
Nope, drive me insane and they don’t make one that will survive what I would put it through

06-Feb-23
JJS x 2

06-Feb-23

Ricky The Cabel Guy's embedded Photo
Ricky The Cabel Guy's embedded Photo
trad guy here.

06-Feb-23

06-Feb-23
Yes, every day. I have nice work watches, a designated hunting watch with features I value and use and a designated fishing watch with features I value and use. BTW I am right handed but wear my watches on the left wrist exclusively... the reason... kind of like wearing a silicon wedding band to prevent severe finger injury. And I am very conscientious of when NOT to wear a watch as injury prevention.

06-Feb-23
Ive always had to take them off while at work at a manufacturing plant so got out of the habit. I do now wear my Garmin Fenix at every other time I am not at work. Typically charge at work, although it only needs it every 10 days or so.

06-Feb-23
I love my Garmin watch. Wear it every day. I never use to wear a watch until I got this watch. It does everything for me. Records all my workouts ect.

06-Feb-23
Ricky that's a watch I believe our friend Timex would wear... with respect Timex ;0)

06-Jun-23
Own two, batteries are long dead in both. The time is always 'now' or 'later' ;-)

06-Jun-23
But...they're both right twice a day!

06-Jun-23
I don’t wear a watch or any jewelry- always hated anything around my neck or wrist! No earrings or rings EXCEPT my Qualo wedding ring. Best thing since sliced bread! ;-)

My InReach has a clock on it, and I always have that clipped to my harness or pack while hunting so one push of a button and I know the time. I LOVE multiple function gear!

06-Jun-23
Yep, old habit that’s hard to break. Check the time easily, the date, and the day of the week. I’m retired and sometimes I forget what day it is. ;-)

07-Jun-23
Like others have said I Quit wearing one when I retired. Over the years have had watches I attached to the outside on my pack but all of them eventually got lost when they got torn of somehow.

07-Jun-23
I CAN'T WAIT til I can forget what day it is! ;-)

08-Jun-23
Yes. Apple Watch all day every day….

10-Oct-23
Considering you're into hunting, you'd likely want something rugged yet straightforward, without too many bells and whistles. Watches with illumination or perhaps even a built-in compass could be practical for outdoor use. That said, durability is a factor you can't ignore, especially when you're out in the elements.Have you ever considered investing in a luxury watch for occasions other than hunting? I recently came across a Patek Philippe Super Clone, which essentially offers the feel and look of a real Patek Philippe without the steep price.So, whether you're out in the woods or dressing up for a special occasion, the right watch can really make a difference. What do you think?

10-Oct-23
Again, Luminox watches give you most if not all of what you need. Water “proof”, washable for dirt/blood/sweat, usually black, easily readable at low light and in the dark without pushing buttons ( no extra movement needed), rotating bezel to mark time, comfortable to wear, often found at steep discounts . Many color options and face styles to allow for individual choices in “readability “. Tough and can handle a lot of outdoors “wear and tear”.

10-Oct-23
Timex Indiglo, wear it on right right, same as the release. Can give enough light to see the zipper on the blind. When I can hear the ticking sound I know it's a calm day. When I can hear my heartbeat over the ticking time to calm down for the shot.

10-Oct-23
I bought a GShock mudmaster on boot leave because a DI had one…. Battery dies FAST, have to change it every year or so, and waaaaaaay too many bells and whistles. During ITB I bought a $10 watch at the PX, specifically an Aquaforce 26-006, to keep my GShock from getting destroyed. I forgot about it after ITB and began wearing the GShock again. I found the compass feature useful on the GShock one time, but aside from that I NEVER used the bells and whistles. After the GShock battery died for the second time (and the band breaking once) I found the old aquaforce about 4.5 years later. It was still within 10 minutes of the time and still ticking right on away. I reset the time and have been wearing it ever since on the original battery. Will likely never own another watch besides an aquaforce unless I can decide on a U.S. Made field-style watch, I haven’t researched them very much.

10-Oct-23
I wore a watch last winter for a few weeks. Lost my phone down the hole while ice fishing. Wore the watch until I got a new to me phone up and running. Wore a watch and carried a small camera. It was nice, nostalgic time.

10-Oct-23
I wear the garmin instinct solar. So far its been great. I records all my workouts, sleep, activities. I don't turn on the features that connect to my emails, text messages, or phone calls, that just seems like to much :)

10-Oct-23
Used to have watch mounted on my rifle when calling coyotes. Used it to keep track of time on stand. Transitioned that to my wrist and have not looked back. I also have my cell phone but like checking my wrist instead of digging out cell phone. Cheap Timex Ironman. Lasts about 3-5 years.

10-Oct-23
Apple for the emergency capability.

10-Oct-23
Garmin Instinct Solar everyday

17-Dec-23
I've tried numerous times. I've busted every single one I've ever worn including my fathers oyster perpetual Rolex. I had it fixed & it's been in a drawer ever since.

I'm a get in there & get it done kinda guy. Wrist watch, rings, necklace etc just ain't for me.

17-Dec-23
Everyday, don’t wear. If I’m hunting, I wear my Krieger Lunar Chronometer to be aware of the moon positions.

18-Dec-23
I wear the garmin instinct daily, it does everything and the charge lasts around 22 days with most things shut off on it. It charges super quick, 10 minutes

18-Dec-23
Not since I retired;at least on a regular basis.I do wear my cheapo Casio in the tree.Cell phone is in my chest pocket(on mute).

18-Dec-23
I wear a Luminox Navy Seal 3001for my daily, and it's bulletproof. But I don't wear it when I am hunting. I usually have my phone or GPS/ In-Reach with me so no need.

18-Dec-23
Usually one of these three when I’m hunting depending on how I’m feeling. The Ares in the middle is probably my go to, though sometimes I go with the Luminox or the Tag.

18-Dec-23
Another Garmin Instinct here. Most of the features have been described already. The ability to get phone notifications is worth wearing one these days for me. Can leave my phone on silent all day everyday and don’t have to pull it out/track it down if it’s not an important call or text. First world problems!

Have been thinking about upgrading for the pulse oximeter capabilities.

18-Dec-23
Looks like whoever’s ugly mug broke the picture posting did it for the whole site and not just the “post your face” thread lol

18-Dec-23
It depends what and how I am hunting. If I am backpacking and spot and stalking, I usually wear a watch. I find on those types of hunts it is impossible to stay scent free. I use the wind. On treestand hunts, I don’t wear a wristwatch. The band can hold scent. I have a clip on watch on my pack that gets ozoned and then sprayed. I carry my I phone on both types of hunts. On the whitetail hunts, it is in a sealed ziplock bag.

18-Dec-23
Rocky mnts, AK etc yes. A few reasons, setting goals - like 20 more minutes then I break, usually turns into 30 minutes.It is also nice to know elevation. I do not calibrate it so it is a reference. For example I start at 10,000 feet (on my watch) climb 3,000 feet hunting. That night descending I know I have to go down 3,000 feet. It is helpful. Also having an idea of time can help with game movement especially elk. I never wear one when not hunting. Ever. I never wear one deer hunting. I also often wear it face down to eliminate sunglare spooking game.

18-Dec-23
A watch? Hell I don't even wear pants!

18-Dec-23
Ha

18-Dec-23
Ha

18-Dec-23

bigeasygator's embedded Photo
bigeasygator's embedded Photo
Seeing if pics are working again…

18-Dec-23
I wear a watch for only 2 weeks per year. Elk hunting.

19-Dec-23
Everyday, all day. I really feel naked without one. Casio Gshock in couple different colors

• Sitka Gear