Ermine 18-Dec-22
Groundhunter 18-Dec-22
Bou’bound 18-Dec-22
Bou’bound 18-Dec-22
cwater 19-Dec-22
11-Dec-22

cwater's embedded Photo
cwater's embedded Photo
The super 10…..I’m half way done with it as of his week! I would love to complete it with my bow, but I was curious as to is it even possible to get the mountain goat and sheep done if starting at the age of 34? I have ZERO PP for either of these critters and make average or slightly above average wages in today’s standards. I can’t stand outfitters, so would love to do it DIY, I’m just not sure of all the logistics of goat or sheep!

11-Dec-22
Why the disdain for outfitters. Not wanting to use one is different than not being able to stand the profession

11-Dec-22
So it looks like you are from KS. If you are 34 and have no points I would say you probably correct, it’s gonna be nearly impossible for you to reasonably expect to do them DIY. The moose and bison/musk ox gonna be next to impossible as well in the current hunting climate.

That said, I too don’t understand the distain for outfitter, at least to the degree you seem to hate them. I have hunted with all kinds of outfitters all over the world. I would say almost to a T every one I have ever hunted with are great people. Some hunts were better than others, but over all pretty much positive experiences across the board. And some have become life long friends.

I personally have taken all 10 with a bow, and certainly don’t think I could have without the help of outfitters, private land access, Canada and Alaska (guide requirements). I understand the DIY mentality and satisfaction of doing it yourself, but there is certainly a place for outfitters and I personally think blanket distain is pretty closed minded and limits your hunting experiences over all. Obviously guys that only want to hunt whitetails can do without outfitters, and with leasing etc I see how they get a bad taste in their mouth from outfitters in general, but for a guy like yourself looking for adventure hunts outfitters can be an integral piece of the puzzle.

Also the $ aspect, yeah, it is freaking expensive, but being only 34 and only needing 5 more species I would expect you can save $ and do one hunt ever 2-3 years if you are truly committed to the quest. Repeats on the big stuff are what absolutely destroy that plan, but maybe you can get lucky and get 2 species on one trip as well.

Good luck with it,‘I sincerely hope you get there, it’s quite an accomplishment for regular guys with archery equipment.

—Jim

11-Dec-22
Jim is right on. I hunt with outfitters when needed to pursue different species and some have become great friends. Not to mention I’ve learned a lot from them about the game, the area and life style they live.

Most of us on the Bowsite earn decent bucks like you and “where there’s a will, there’s a way”. Good luck with chasing your dream.

PS: Thx for posting the chart. Never saw it before but figured out I have 7 of the 10. It sux being old but sure beats the alternative.

11-Dec-22
My goal was to get the archery super ten DIY. After 25 years of trying to draw a bison tag, I went with another Bowsiter on a guided muskox hunt. We had a great time and both got bulls and hunted in a totally unique environment.

I still need an elk and a cougar, both of which I could have killed this past fall, if I'd been a bit more lucky or on the ball. So far trying to call a cougar in has been a blank, but I do have some friends with hounds. Hopefully I'll be 9/10 DIY and if I do ever draw a bison, then maybe 10/10.

I should add that the Bowsiter I hunted with for muskox went on to complete his archery Super Slam and way over half of those were DIY. I should actually put that in the "Brushes with Greatness" thread since I've hunted with him numerous times :)

11-Dec-22
Easy answer is more money $$.

You can easily buy auction/land owner tags for sheep and mountain goats and go hunt DIY.

It will cost you more than guided and the odds of success will be lower.

Other easy option is move to Alaska, or Western Canada and get OTC tags for Sheep and Goats.

Third option is apply for Ewe/Nanny tags in every State that offers them to greatly increase your odds of drawing

11-Dec-22
You can complete the NA 10 all unguided. That is why set up the list they way they did. Bit tough for cougar without dogs. Would need to draw a sheep tag in the US or be a resident of Alaska. Obviously using guides would make it much easier. Good luck. On the other hand, lots of great hunts and opportunities that you can do not to employ an outfitter. Lots you can not do on your own.

11-Dec-22
I shouldn’t say I hate outfitters… that’s a strong word, so how about i strongly dislike them…. Jtreeman you’re mostly correct, but saying I’m closed minded is your opinion and the good thing is I don’t care about your opinion…. Or anyone’s ??

My opinion is they are helping it turn into a rich man sport, and you are correct… I would have no satisfaction in showing up to hunt ANY animal and someone saying here they are, have at it!

I’m sure there are some great guys who are outfitters….. but I’m sure they still charge you big bucks to come hunt! Either way this isn’t a thread about outfitters and who likes them and who don’t …. It’s about sheep and goats!

I’ll keep saving and see what happens one day, but unfortunately I don’t ever see the price’s getting any cheaper ??

11-Dec-22
"Jtreeman you’re mostly correct, but saying I’m closed minded is your opinion and the good thing is I don’t care about your opinion…. Or anyone’s ??"

That is an odd statement to make in a thread you started specifically to ask for other people's opinions.

11-Dec-22
I’m an optimist. I always feel like I could draw a random tag for sheep or goat. But I’m 41, with double digit sheep and goat points in multiple states. And I haven’t gotten lucky yet and maybe never will.

I hate to be a pessimist, but it may be smarter to buy a hunt rather than wait and hunt forever.

And I also agree that prices will not go down. Nowhere to go except up.

11-Dec-22
Moose and elk you can DIY those wouldn’t be an issue. Sheep and goat is an entirely different story. Participating in raffles or moving to AK for those species are options, if DIY is important to you.

11-Dec-22
Ha, that’s the spirit! Tell me how I’m a dumb ass. You asked for opinions and were given one by a guy who has done it. SMH

I maintain my position, it’s virtually impossible for a guy living in KS to do it DIY and on a budget. If you Live in BC like Kurt or Ambush then you absolutely could.

—Jim

11-Dec-22
Really tough hunts and low success rates but you could hunt unlimited sheep in Montana. Just send them your money and get the tag.

11-Dec-22
You could apply in every state that offers sheep and goat, keep your fingers crossed and hope for best.

Apply for every raffle in the lower 48 for sheep and goat and keep your fingers crossed.

Play the lottery and hope to win. Then bid on governor tags in states that have goat and sheep

Also make sure to only in apply in areas that aren't wilderness and are required a guide.

Or listen to those with the experience on here who offerd up their free advice and have been there done that.

11-Dec-22
Given your circumstances and hate for outfitters, it’ll be impossible for you. That’s ok though, just find another goal where you don’t have to limit yourself so much.

11-Dec-22
Good luck. In only two post you have managed to alienate and offend several people. People whom you came here looking for advice from. I will echo what Jim said, all my outfitted hunts have been exceptional and enabled me to obtain goals that it sounds like you never will.

11-Dec-22
For someone looking for advice/opinions, you have a funny way of showing gratitude for responses you asked for.

Ive never met Jim, but have talked with him numerous times, and respect what he has accomplished. What he says is true. It will be nearly impossible to achieve what you want to do without shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars on auction tags, or you moving to AK or BC where you can get those tags as a resident.

Your view on outfitters is misguided in that they are not the sole reason for creating a rich mans game. Your fellow hunters, landowners, animal rights activists, and many other factors come into play there.

Accomplishing the super 10 is a fantastic feat, and to do it all with archery is top level. When you look at what you have left to chase and hope to harvest in one trip, just realize that there are plenty of others out there looking for the same animals, and there are more hunters looking than there are opportunities to be had. If you arent willing to find a way to obtain those possibilities, be it thru an outfitter, re-mortgaging your house, or moving, then you could realistically be too old or dead before reaching that goal, and you might need to look for a new one.

11-Dec-22
I see from your post on the Ks meatpole, you just tagged a mountain lion. Congrats! Do you have hounds, or a buddy with hounds?

11-Dec-22
“I would have no satisfaction in showing up to hunt ANY animal and someone saying here they are, have at it.” Is this really how you think a guided hunt goes? Ignorance isn’t usually viewed as a good thing, however in your situation you appear to be happier not knowing the truth.

11-Dec-22
Thanks for the some responses! Some that have actually helped! And just to be clear, when I said I don’t care about is opinion, that was his opinion of him thinking I’m closed minded, which I’m as far away from that as a person could get…. I just like doing things on my own, hints to why I said would rather do a DIY.

And moving to Alaska is not out of the question, once my kid graduates high school! As my work has opportunities there! Sounding like that may be the best option for sheep!

I know it wont be easy, if it was everyone on here would have all those boxes checked! Nothing that is “easy” is fun!

11-Dec-22
Actually, reading your posts...I would agree you are absolutely closed minded on the subject of outfitters. I can say that with 100% confidence, because I used to have a very similar attitude. Not so much against outfitters, but the burning desire for DIY versus following someone else around on the mountain.

I was 57 years old the first and only time to date that I've hired an outfitter. Drew a bighorn ram tag in Colorado. Once in a lifetime opportunity and I had zero experience bowhunting sheep. Hunted the first week with the guide and another two+ weeks DIY...never saw a legal ram. So the comment "there they are, have at it" couldn't be further from accurate. That's not how it works.

Just turned 61 a few weeks ago. That bighorn sheep hunt remains my only guided big game hunt to date. That said, I currently have my name on three outfitter lists for three big game species I've never hunted...and likely never will have the ability to hunt DIY. To be clear, DIY remains my priority for most species that I pursue...but DIY is just not feasible across the board. I'd rather hunt these species with a guide than to never hunt them at all. To be clear, I have built points for two of those species in multiple states for more than twenty years...and have come to the conclusion those tags are likely not going to happen in the years I have remaining to bowhunt.

At 34 years old...you should never say never when it comes to hiring an outfitter. Very good chance the time will come when you require an outfitter. If you ever desire to hunt Canada or the big four in Alaska (as a non-resident), an outfitter is your only option. That's just the world in which we live..

11-Dec-22
I have always found it a good idea to study and try to mimic successful people. They are successful for a reason.

11-Dec-22
I've lived in BC for forty two years and we have (had) sixteen hunt able big game species. Grizzly was closed a few years ago so down to fifteen. I'm sixty nine years old now, so had many years in my prime to hunt this game rich province. You'd think I'd have a couple of BC Slams, eh? Nope! Family, work and life have a way of chipping away your time unless you are really focused on some specific goals. The other problem is if it's in your own back yard, you think you got lot's of time. Sort of. I went goat hunting in August and for the first time I thought it might be my last one.

So if you are dedicated to getting the Super Ten, you better either move or start saving and swallow your DIY pride. And your "Best Before" date will expire quicker than you think.

And just an FYI; if I was looking for advice about varied and multitudinous hunting options/experiences, jtreeman would be top of the list to quiz. He's more than just a smiling face in a kill pic ;)

11-Dec-22
Treeman smiles in pictures?

11-Dec-22
My thoughts exactly, Zack!……:-)

11-Dec-22
^^^^^ Then why is he known as Smile'n Jim?

11-Dec-22
You can do it but the odds are against you DIY. Get em

11-Dec-22
9 of 10 DIY (cougar was guided) on the archery super 10, completed in the year 2000 before Dennis Campbell invented it. 20 of 29 DIY on the archery super slam completed in 2021 in my 50th season of bowhunting. I define DIY as hunting unguided, you set your own stands or blinds, etc. That said I had some damn fine friends to assist on a lot of those "DIY" species.

11-Dec-22
I got lucky with some trades and living in Montana to be able to get what you call the super ten. But you have to put yourself in that position to make that happen. Treeman is my hero and should be yours. Mullet game is strong in that one!!

11-Dec-22
I'm a super 10er caribou ,muskox ,buffalo I went guided .On a side note I don't think ranch buffalo should be counted for the ten .

11-Dec-22
I'm a super 10er caribou ,muskox,lion ,buffalo I went guided lucky enough one and done with them .On a side note I don't think ranch buffalo should be counted for the ten .

12-Dec-22
One species away for me, likely never get it though. DIY and because of great friends.

12-Dec-22
There are several people posting here that I know have their North American Super 10 along with me. In addition, I have 16 African animals that I am just as proud of.

12-Dec-22
So a guy comes here for opinions and then claims he doesn’t want/care about them? Hates outfitters even though he really hasn’t hunted with them? Okay! Good luck with your quest. Keep us posted with the progress!

12-Dec-22
Treeman smiles the best in his gun kill pics.

Some solid advice from those that know above. If you should decide that an outfitter might be acceptable to meet your goals and you want to hunt a ram in Canmore at a discount over current booking rates, I can hook you up with a deal.

12-Dec-22
lol @ Gene. You know Jim all too well

12-Dec-22
So this DIY thing, you guys make your own Bows? Arrows? Broadheads? How far does it go, can I have a partner I bring and cover his expenses or is that against your rules too? I’m betting the “outfitters” and especially guides probably don’t want some of you guys either.

12-Dec-22
I was curious as to is it even possible to get the mountain goat and sheep done if starting at the age of 34? I have ZERO PP for either of these critters and make average or slightly above average wages in today’s standards. I can’t stand outfitters, so would love to do it DIY

Possible to do it DIY? Yes. So is winning the lottery. Without moving to a place like Alaska, it’s very unlikely you can get it done in your lifetime without going through an outfitter.

I would have no satisfaction in showing up to hunt ANY animal and someone saying here they are, have at it!

I need you to pass on the info of the outfitters you’re referencing here! Feel free to private message me their names haha

And Jim is awesome. He’s the second coolest Treeman behind Ace, but second ain’t bad.

12-Dec-22
Living in a state that can kill eight of the 10 in Colorado not including high fence Buffalo caribou would be the one that you can either pay or do your own I would like to finish the elk and maybe the caribou and that would be in it for me I just can't see spending that money for the Bears or the two sheep the d a l l or the stone I hope one day to draw the desert permit here in Colorado over surrounding states

12-Dec-22
As long as you draw before your body gives out?

12-Dec-22
Amen Brother!

12-Dec-22
Which one you missing Nick? Robins or groundhogs?

12-Dec-22
I’m guessing most of us understand DIY to mean “ did it with friends and the generosity of others”.

12-Dec-22
At 15 species, counting a bison on a ranch hunt. All but a couple were DIY.

My guided hunt for Mountain Caribou and Dall Sheep has to rank at the top of the heap for awesomeness. A guided hunt can be a huge advantage over doing it on your own. You will most likely spend more trying to figure it out than you would have if you just hired a good outfitter with a good reputation for the animals you are after.

When I draw any of the top tier tags (sheep, goat, or moose) in the lower 48 where a guide is not required, I most likely will be doing them DIY (with as much "unprofessional guide" help as I can get!). But, if it is one of those that has taken over 20-25 years to finally draw, I very well may hire an outfitter to help increase the odds. Also playing the long odds game as a NR in Alaska for moose, bison, and muskox that will be the same. With a son in Alaska, hopefully will be able to pull off some of the hunts requiring guides with him in the upcoming years and may need to move up north myself...

At 23 for bison in Utah and hopefully will draw it before I die. The drawing systems are all tough to get one of those coveted tags and the odds say you are much more likely to never draw a sheep or goat tag.

If you want to ever even have a shot at the sheep, goats, bison, or muskox unguided, you need to pack your bags and move to Alaska ASAP. You probably also need to change your occupation to something that will allow you to stack up money faster than what you are doing now and allow for time to hunt...

12-Dec-22
I've also completed a "Super 10" back in 2006. At the time, the guided species were cougar, Alaska moose, Central Canada barren ground caribou, and musk ox. Since then I have a DIY Shiras' moose, so 3 of the 10 were guided. However, I never registered/payed for a "Super 10" certificate because it always seemed like a contrived goal. All of the species categories are of the same genus except bison/musk ox. It really should be a Super 11, or maybe a "Mini Slam" - one of each North American Genus.

12-Dec-22
Keep us posted on your progress.....

12-Dec-22
WY cow bison tags are "easy" to draw FYI. I have drawn 2 as a NR, and there was a 5 year waiting period after my first tag.

12-Dec-22
"I’m guessing most of us understand DYI to mean “ did it with friends and the generosity of others”."

I understand DYI to mean...........Do Yourself In (DYI), not Do It Yourself (DIY). :)

12-Dec-22
^^^^Absolutely. DYI trying to DIY.

12-Dec-22
This thread makes me smile. So many guys that have been there and done that speaking about what it takes.

I’d be 6 for 10 by now if T Roy woulda let me come down and kill that damn cat. May never hit the super ten…. Got other goals to accomplish first, but I’ll assure you, to get any of these goals accomplished it takes time, money and the help of others.

12-Dec-22
Luke……..I gave Danny your cell number, and he said he tried to contact you once he cut the track, but he said your voicemail box was full.

12-Dec-22
After reviewing the species, I would only do 8 of the 10. I was lucky to get an Alaksa caribou back in 2000 before prices got to high otherwise it would be 7 of 10.

At this point in my life I cannot justify the sheep or goat cost.

So impressed with those that have accomplished this or the super slam

13-Dec-22
I lied, that damn cat woulda put me at 7! Damn Danny…. I think he’s lying lol

13-Dec-22
The super 10 is a huge accomplishment but not limited to bucks, bulls, billies, or rams is it… their are certainly more options available if you are willing to shoot a female of the species I know Eichlers Shiras moose was a cow toward his super slam. Wouldn’t bother me to fill the quota with females of the species, tasty they are!!

13-Dec-22
I think some of the females are more difficult than males of the species. Shiras Moose and Bighorn Sheep

13-Dec-22
Good point about the females counting.

13-Dec-22
Female tags might be harder to hunt at times but way easier to draw a tag for the hunt is what you make of it

13-Dec-22
Female tags might be harder to hunt at times but way easier to draw a tag for the hunt is what you make of it

13-Dec-22
Ha - never realized how close I was to completing this.

From where I sit, 80% complete is actually less than 50% complete … goats and sheep are the big hurdles - for multiple reasons.

Maybe a good goal for a guy in his 50s who needs to lose a few pounds.

13-Dec-22
9 done with the rifle (excluding bison/muskox). Pretty cool experiences and lucky enough to have lived in AB/BC to do it all without a guide or outfitter at least.

13-Dec-22
Seems to be a lot of us stuck at 8 species. Maybe we could start a “Mediocre Eight” or possibly the “Above Average Eight”.

13-Dec-22
It wasn’t until this thread that I realized I only need a bison or musk ox.

13-Dec-22
I’ve taken 8, 6 with a longbow, 2 compound. Just need a bear, and bison/musk ox. Bear is my nemesis animal should have gotten one already but haven’t, don’t know if the bison or musk ox is in the cards.

13-Dec-22
Good luck. I have 8 of 10 & doubt I will add anything different. SO glad I was able to do it in many cases without points & draws & a lot less for tags years ago. Sucks to be ancient now though. Enjoy the journey & future adventures.

13-Dec-22
I have 9, 8 with the bow. Would like to get a musk ox and a bison both eventually though (the category I haven’t gotten yet). Super 10 isn’t the goal, but it ironically is a pretty good spread/representation of my end goal. I won’t fork out the money to finish a true slam, will likely end up around 20 species in the end (at 12-13 currently at 31 years old). Repeats of the ones I enjoy will be where I spend the bulk of my time after a few more goal animals (actual grizzly instead of brown bear, bison, musk ox, Columbia blacktail, and coues).

13-Dec-22
I am resigned to the fact that I will mostly hunt whitetails, turkeys and hogs the rest of my life. Simply because they are so much more available for the average guy. Elk and pronghorn are easily done DIY, I just see the writing on the wall for tag availability and realize that I only have a few of those hunts (mostly talking about elk because lope is still pretty attainable) left in me. I have done a couple guided hunts and hope to do a few more before I die, but I am less willing now to shell out the cash to do it even though I have considerably more expendable income now. I like bowhunting and I am more about making memories with friends than hunting some animals that I have yet to be able to hunt. I still have big dreams of hunting a lof of other animals, but those dream include unlimited funds too. :)

13-Dec-22
6/10 for me. 3/10 rifle - deer, elk, pronghorn. 5/10 archery - deer, elk, bear, goat, sheep. Not expecting that I'll ever get to 7/10.

13-Dec-22
9/10 and the sheep ain't happinin'

13-Dec-22
9 of10 need a Bison or Muskox, not sure will ever hunt either.

13-Dec-22
Wonder if the OP even realizes he just got a consultation from a large group of (arguably) the most accomplished bowhunters in North America... for free.

Bowsite is a special place...

13-Dec-22
9/10 need bison or muskox. Also have a second 8/10 need another goat and bison Or Muskox. Working on the bison/muskox part hopefully both

13-Dec-22
6 with archery, just need moose, lion and bear to get to 9 and that is the best I see in my future. Not that I wouldn’t love to chase musk ox some day but I’m being realistic. The Colorado 8 and 10 archery is a much more attainable goal for me, need lion and bear for 8!

13-Dec-22
Come on Bou a confiscated lion doesn't count towards your big ten.

13-Dec-22
I’m with T- Roy..,, lol

Musk Ox is in the works.

But the cost for sheep!! And it’s never going to be lower.

IMO, just being able to do different type hunts is a 10!

13-Dec-22
Saddle reaper I’m not sure what consultation your speaking of, the thread was a question of whether it was attainable for his circumstances and how he wanted to obtain it with budget and time, all of which I’m curious of as well a couple did but not what I gather from the majority.

14-Dec-22
I'll never have 10 as I have NO desire or interest in a Caribou.

I've got 8 and a bear will give me 9

Good luck, Robb

14-Dec-22
I find it funny the number of guys who dislike outfitters and only want to go DIY that haven't ever hunted with an outfitter. I would bet more than half of my guides so far had never archery killed with a client until we were successful. Go explore! It's a big world!

I'm a lion away from the 10, but wouldn't mind changing that sometime soon!!

14-Dec-22
I am also at 8 with a bow. I need bison or muskox and cougar. Never thought about it until I saw this thread.

14-Dec-22
15/10 archery completed the same banquet with Joel Maxfield and Tony Mudd.

Hoped to get to 21 archery in short order but couldn’t stay in Alaska… should have resorted to the rifle as I was in easy range on Dall Ram, Moose, Caribou, Grizzly but chose to pass hopefully getting them with archery the next time…. Now that I am not a resident that’s a lost opportunity.

14-Dec-22
I am at 8 of 10 with archery and 9 of 10 (sheep was with a rifle) overall. Need mountain goat for 10...would love to do it with archery. I should draw a sheep tag in the next couple of years. Have to decide how important it is to do it all with a bow. Blue collar hunter here, but just incredibly fortunate how a couple of them have worked out! Oh, and I don't have anything against outfitters!! :)

14-Dec-22
I am 13-8, all archery , I will get the super 10 done , my focus is on getting all the antler animals and bears done before I go to the man up above .

14-Dec-22
I just realized my wife is just one species away. She just needs bison/musk ox. But she has no interest in either.

More to the point of there OPs question. Certainly, you can do it. It just depends on how serious you are, and how much you can spend doing it. It would help if you would consider guided for some. I understand wanting to do it all DIY, but that's not very practical. It also helps to live where most of them are available. You can get 8 of the 10 categories in CO, for instance. I did it, and my wife came close, by pursuing the Big 8, 9, and 10 in CO (we still need a desert sheep for 10), plus some out-of-state hunts that interested us. The Super 10 was never a goal. As was mentioned, going after females is also possible. My cougar, and black bear are females, and so are my wife's elk, sheep, and moose. Just have fun hunting. Goals like that can enhance the journey, or ruin it.

14-Dec-22
Wild Wilderness X2 I would add trading hunts. I am 9/10 all DIY. 8/9 with a longbow I made. Still needing the Mt Lion. Pretty impressive you did that one DIY. You can do it.

Good Luck

14-Dec-22
Cwater great job. That's hunting buddy DIY. I understand the No outfitter / guide. Hope you get it done

14-Dec-22
Thanks Bigdog! A lot of helpful points on here.....and obviously a lot of not so helpful ones! I've never entered any animal into a record book and don't ever plan to, this is more of just a checklist thing for me! A few things that would help this happen as i've gathered..... A. Move to Alaska or Colorado.... which is not out of the question at all with my job, would prefer Alaska if I had to pick! B. It has been done, and can be done! C. Look into female tags where possible!

14-Dec-22
D. Attitude is really important!

15-Dec-22
I’ve hunted seventeen of the NA species and have taken thirteen. Eight of them were DIY and the other five were guided hunts. Most were taken before the Super 10 was even a thing. I don’t have a Super 10 registered but have the species. Four were taken with a compound, two with a recurve, and four with a rifle.

For me it has been more a love of hunting something, and somewhere, new than it has been a checklist. The hunts have not been a means to an end, they’ve been exciting adventures that have taken me to some of the most incredible places in North America.

My first big outfitted hunt was a ten day fly in horseback hunt in the mountains of northern British Columbia in 2001. Ten days with one guide, who was a great guy, a little wall tent and a small string of horses in some of the most spectacular country in North America.

You can be hard headed and check your species boxes while trying not to use outfitters but, trust me, you are making a huge mistake denying yourself experiences like that.

15-Dec-22
I’ve taken 8 of 10. I just need a caribou, and a buffalo or musk ox. It might happen.

16-Dec-22
Hell Craig! You might just pull that bison in your home state! Good luck in the draws!

Gonna have to head north for that caribou though…

16-Dec-22
Need a Bison or Musk Ox ...just applied for Alaska on both so we will see

18-Dec-22
+1 next year Craig with the 90/10% new tag split you are in Buff!!! haha

Good luck, Robb

18-Dec-22
I need an Muskox and Caribou and I would have the super ten. Unfortunately caribou and muskox are out of my price range. I’ve gotten the other 8 really cheap just by drawing them in my home state

18-Dec-22
I made up my own list thru the years. Both NA big game and exotics. I hunted high fence, low fence, no fence etc. Outfitter, on. my own and always had fun and could care less what others think. Muzzle loader, trad, compound, xbow etc. Lots of fun. Outfitters were all great. They can not control weather. Do your research.

18-Dec-22
Has there been given and thought for a super 7 for guys that can’t get to 10. It worked to get the 10 established for guys that could not get to the 29. May be worth a thought.

18-Dec-22
Has there been given and thought for a super 7 for guys that can’t get to 10. It worked to get the 10 established for guys that could not get to the 29. May be worth a thought.

19-Dec-22
Ermine, Caribou is not as expensive as you think! It can EASILY be done for less than 3K, that is including your tag, rental, shipping antlers/hide home, flight and fuel! Easily do-able if you take a friend with you to help split cost of rental and fuel.

• Sitka Gear