Steve Leffler 14-Dec-22
Iowa Rut Nut 14-Dec-22
Iowa Rut Nut 14-Dec-22
SaddleReaper 15-Dec-22
nehunter 15-Feb-23
jconman 15-Feb-23
14-Dec-22

APauls's embedded Photo
Night time pictures are as useful as the old "Trail timer" with a string that plugged what time something walks by...or basically a semi-auto version lol
APauls's embedded Photo
Night time pictures are as useful as the old "Trail timer" with a string that plugged what time something walks by...or basically a semi-auto version lol
APauls's embedded Photo
Day time shots are nothing to write home about
APauls's embedded Photo
Day time shots are nothing to write home about
APauls's embedded Photo
Morning/evening are pretty brutal
APauls's embedded Photo
Morning/evening are pretty brutal
Anyone else own a Cuddeback J series black flash camera? It's a link camera that links to the "Base" camera. $300 and this is the pic quality. Worst pic quality of any camera I've ever owned. Going back to film days...I've paid $60 and had much better pics. Unless there's something I'm doing wrong.

14-Dec-22
I'm stunned anyone buys them any more. Support alone is dreadful.

14-Dec-22
I also wasted $$$ on Cuddeback products. First time I thought I was doing something wrong. Second time I realized it was their product that failed and did not do what it promised. In addition, when I called their customer service department all I got was a bunch of flack and the run-around. I vowed, "never again!" I have been a bowhunter since 1957 and have spent tens of thousands of dollars on archery related products and services; I am convinced Cuddeback products and services are among the worst I have encountered.

14-Dec-22
I have had good luck with Cuddebacks and the link system. I can run 8 cameras with 1 cell plan. I don't have cell service everywhere on my property so this system fits my needs. The link pictures aren’t as good as a stand alone cellular but they tell me what I need to know. I accepted that when I invested in the cuddebacks. All the cams have been been out for 3 years without issue. I am very happy with my Cuddeback system and would buy it again in a minute.

14-Dec-22
Pat I bought a couple because the property I hunt is right on the edge of any usable cell service. It seems that their cameras might be the best at extracting what little signal is in the air and being able to transmit. Saves a looooooot of driving time. But dang. The photos are the craps. Been testing Tactacam Reveals and they seem to be working. But I've got half a grand in these things so I might as well use them. (If I can)

14-Dec-22
APauls they would be easy to sell if you decide to. People are looking for J’s. Bet you could get most or all your money back.

14-Dec-22

Iowa Rut Nut's embedded Photo
We are running about 40 model G5086 with white flash module. As Steve l said coverage is spotty in some areas of the farm so linking to the main cell works well. White flash is the only way to go and no it doesn't scare away the deer. Every buck on our farm has had it's picture taken numerous times.

14-Dec-22

15-Dec-22
Seems like cuddeback has gone way way down hill from where they used to be positioned within the market?

15-Feb-23

nehunter's Link
Sorry to bring an old thread to the top. But I was a Cuddeback crazy fan. Always promoting them, then the customer service went to hell in a hand basket.

I emailed them about a new camera that made clicking noises. It scared every animal that walked by it All pics were of a Deer in the headlights look

Customer service told me after I emailed them this video that the click was normal and it's used for "Stopping" the animal in the center for a perfect picture.

Well the Bear's in my area ate one the first few days.

Now they sit in a box waiting to be thrown away.

15-Feb-23
tend to agree their product is overrated got burned buying the attack irs a few years back they were nothing but trouble-customer service was terrible i guess i did not learn my lesson as i bought the cuddelink system with 5 cameras -the worst thing is battery life when it gets cold was told need solar system but not going to stick anymore money in a camera company that has the customer service of cuddeback

• Sitka Gear