Cazador 18-Dec-22
LKH 18-Dec-22
DanaC 18-Dec-22
midwest 18-Dec-22
Cazador 18-Dec-22
Emcd 18-Dec-22
Emcd 18-Dec-22
16-Dec-22
Hello everyone. I’m looking for a cold-weather coat for hunting from a tree stand that is a solid color. There’s a lot of thorns in my area so it would need to be somewhat thorn resistant. I like the price point of the Huntworth brand but am willing to go higher. Do you have any recommendations? Thank you.

16-Dec-22
Solid gray Colombia fleece has been my go to for years. 25 bucks.

16-Dec-22
Carhartt rain defender zip up hoody heavy insolated water resistant , and stops the wind, silent.

17-Dec-22
Good old Carrhart chore coat

17-Dec-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
The old olive drab M65 Army field coat blended well in mixed forest, not exactly state-of-the-art, tho'.

17-Dec-22
You could wear anything getting to your stand then pull something over it for camo. Lots of guys used stretchy 'Winona' camo back in the day over whatever they had.

17-Dec-22
Coat color does not matter. But a cheap one piec coverall to match multiple backgrounds. The outer layer is for color only. The under garments are the ones that work but color irrelevant

17-Dec-22
I used to wear solid Blaze Orange and had plenty of deer walk right under me….

17-Dec-22
I have been using Grey solids in a trees stand for years. I prefer it to camo.

17-Dec-22
What Tracker said. Dark Gray its a universal all season color here in the Mid west.

17-Dec-22
Standing still on the ground in good ole Carhartt "Brown Duck" is actually pretty good camo in my area this time of year until spring... Have even fooled crows in it, and they have a sharp eye... Brown duck maybe not the best in a tree, but not bad neither...

17-Dec-22
How cold are you talking about is an important part of the equation.

18-Dec-22
I wouldn't limit myself to a "solid" coat, since there are just that many options in camo. It has been a long time since I've had a Carhartt coat, but I would say they could be great for the thorn resistance. However, at least one of the ones I wore was pretty stiff, enough so that I wouldn't want to wear it in the stand.

18-Dec-22
Thank you everyone for your helpful replies. I appreciate it. The coldest temp would be 0 degrees...I'm in Iowa so I see how grey would be a good color. I wish the big clothing makers huntworth or even sitka, first lite etc made a solid color coat that wasn't down....ie it could handle a few thorns. Thanks again.

18-Dec-22

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
For elk, bears, and deer, my brown long John top, and my old faithful Colombia gray fleece, are always in use. Especially for tree-stand WT and bears.

Worked here too, but color was a bit off.

18-Dec-22
I've used solid grey wind bloc for years.

If you look at much of the camo sold for big bucks from even 20 yards it will appear to be one dark blob.

Seems like light grey or pale blue would be a great choice depending on the cloud cover.

18-Dec-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
The original Trebark pattern worked as well as anything since. Would love a good 'shell' jacket in this old pattern.

18-Dec-22

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
The KUIU whitetail line of clothing, Proximity, is available in a solid ash color.

18-Dec-22
The problem with that old tree bark is I’m not wearing that around day to day…… unless you’re in the South. Then you wear it for a wedding

18-Dec-22
Thank you everyone for your helpful replies. I appreciate it. The coldest temp would be 0 degrees...I'm in Iowa so I see how grey would be a good color. I wish the big clothing makers huntworth or even sitka, first lite etc made a solid color coat that wasn't down....ie it could handle a few thorns. Thanks again.

18-Dec-22

• Sitka Gear