Hope to hunt Yard Hoppers on Monday or Tuesday. Teal is ready
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Hope to hunt Yard Hoppers on Monday or Tuesday. Teal is ready
Loaded up the truck with goose decoys today and headed out to the goose field
Loaded up the truck with goose decoys today and headed out to the goose field
I had set of the Dark Horse bllnd yesterday. 12-24 geese have been using the field in the morning.
I had set of the Dark Horse bllnd yesterday. 12-24 geese have been using the field in the morning.
Stored the decoy to be ready in the am
Stored the decoy to be ready in the am

18-Dec-22
Awesome Paul I will be checking tomorrow!

18-Dec-22

to ready Teal for the goose season, I took him on a duck hunting in SE Colorado two weeks ago, age 6 months.
to ready Teal for the goose season, I took him on a duck hunting in SE Colorado two weeks ago, age 6 months.
Teal's first duck hunt and first drake mallard retrieve. He was sleeping when I shot the duck but got into the swing of things when he spotted the duck drifting down stream
Teal's first duck hunt and first drake mallard retrieve. He was sleeping when I shot the duck but got into the swing of things when he spotted the duck drifting down stream
I am proud of this pup. He is learning well. Had to tether him to a tree so he would not disturb the hunting scene.
I am proud of this pup. He is learning well. Had to tether him to a tree so he would not disturb the hunting scene.
good job well done
good job well done

18-Dec-22

with all of that good work, a pup deserves a nap in the sun.
with all of that good work, a pup deserves a nap in the sun.
Teal and I will be seeing you in the next day or two. Hang on to your hats. Action packed. Man!, this is the 12th year of the Yard Hopper goose series.
Teal and I will be seeing you in the next day or two. Hang on to your hats. Action packed. Man!, this is the 12th year of the Yard Hopper goose series.
And let's not forget Chase the Wonder Dog who made all of this possible
And let's not forget Chase the Wonder Dog who made all of this possible

18-Dec-22
Enjoyed the duck hunt and looking forward to this weeks hunt. Teal's looking great, your doing a good job of training.

18-Dec-22
Looking forward to this first edition of the Yard Hoppers with the returning cast and the new co-star. It looks like Teal will be a worthy partner.

18-Dec-22
Nice going on the new pup and the duck hunt. Glad to hear he's not gun or bow shy!

18-Dec-22
Good luck with the honkers. Lots of us are anxious to follow you and Teal on these hunts.

18-Dec-22
Hey James, what gave you the idea I use a shotgun while duck hunting?

Ambush, Teal will have to stay in the truck dog crate while I hunt geese. There is no way to control him in the tent blind at his age. If and when I kill a goose, I will then get him and introduce him to the Canada goose.

Will be hunting Monday morning by 7am.

18-Dec-22
Good luck tomorrow, Paul! Get them before the deep freeze drops in on Wednesday. Chase will be there in spirit, bringing his good karma.

18-Dec-22
Go get'm Paul & Teal!

18-Dec-22
Paul, Look forward to your new adventure.

Have always wondered..... how do you deal with a retriever and a bird with an arrow in it? Seems risky but I'm sure there is an easy answer.

18-Dec-22
Can't wait. Teal looks good.

18-Dec-22
Looking forward to it, Paul. Maybe you and Teal could share a dog treat Chase’s memory, on the first goose.

18-Dec-22
arrow still in bird? I do not sent the dog for it. What I did with Chase and will with Teal once he is trained for "blind retrieves,, is that I took the arrow out and replanted the goose farther from the hide-blind and then sent the dog on a "blind" retrieve (not knowing were the bird was) with hand signals, if needed to keep him on line to the bird.

Chase before he passed, retrieved over 90 arrow shot geese in the past 11 years without any issues. Using mechanical bH is better that using very sharp, 3 bld BH.when one or two of the blades may cut the dogs feet. Never had that happen.

Troy, A-men to that.

Lou, yea, we got three days to hunt b4 the big freeze. Terry lake should freeze over solid but then the following week, warming up.

19-Dec-22
Thanks for arrow and dog information Paul.

19-Dec-22
Great pic of Teal napping

19-Dec-22
Teal's a looker! Good luck Paul!

19-Dec-22

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Looking forward to following again Paul. My 8mo old Chet made his first two "real-trieves" last week as well.

19-Dec-22
Outstanding Paul............... Boy does that ever bring back memories.

Bring it!!!

• Sitka Gear