t-roy 21-Dec-22
Lewis 21-Dec-22
Groundhunter 21-Dec-22
Highlife 21-Dec-22
t-roy 21-Dec-22
Highlife 21-Dec-22
Catscratch 21-Dec-22
19-Dec-22
Anyone have any good DIY windows for Shooting houses.??

I wanted to replace the windows for Landowner who lets his family shoot does on our lease with them. Wanted to use Tinted plexiglass for the window and some type of slide option..

Looked at YouTube and some other avenues also so far..

20-Dec-22
Following

20-Dec-22
I built some once by cutting a groove in what would become the window sills and the plexiglass slid back and forth in them. I mounted a knob on each one and slid them right and left. The knob kept them from sliding too far. It wasn’t the best solution but it worked.

20-Dec-22
Shadow hunter blinds makes a DIY window kit with a few different options , gun/bow etc.

20-Dec-22
I built a new deck with Trex composite, this summer, and saved a bunch of the drop offs. The boards have a “U” shaped groove milled into the edge of the board. I’m thinking about using a piece of lexan of the right thickness and mount a grooved piece of board above the window opening and one below it, and hopefully it will slide quietly in those grooves.

20-Dec-22
We got some of the square windows from Bank's blinds and just cut the opening to size and caulked around the window. It works great and super easy opening and closing.

21-Dec-22
T-roy. That’s my only concern. Need the Jim Hole Jr “Silence”. Maybe some Hockey Tape will help.. ??

21-Dec-22
Deer view windows dot com. Most likely cheaper than diy if you count your time

21-Dec-22
Figuring out the windows is the trickiest part of a blind build. I nearly went with deerviewwindows.com, but just ended up buying cheap utility windows at Menards. Nothing is perfect, but these have worked for me.

21-Dec-22
LOL RSP……Might have to steal a play out of the “Tape Nazi’s” playbook, to make them quieter ;-)

I’ve used the entry level Deerview windows in a couple of blinds, and they’re pretty nice windows for the money.

21-Dec-22
I’m following but what would be the best configuration for bow and gun Lewis

21-Dec-22
My blind is home made. No need for tinted windows, with a dark inside. I simply used plexi glass cut for size. I have a simple wood latch on top and bottom, for open and close.

Also for the inside to keep.things quiet I used that egg shell foam material between the studs.

I stapled black felt behind me and around my entry door which closes behind Mr.

I staked down with cable guide wire, to make sure it was not going anywhere. It's 6 x 5 and is set 8 feet high. I cut steps out of a cedar tree I felled.

5 deer out of it this year.

21-Dec-22
Dyi Tip for the plexiglass with wood rub a NONSCENTED soap in the grooves.

21-Dec-22
Do you think wax or paraffin would work, highlife? Or would that just make it stick worse?

21-Dec-22
I would think it'd depend upon the temperature. I used wax down in Tennessee and it was early season and the *&%#@ window stuck on me lol. Never thought about paraffin TBH

21-Dec-22
I made some out of plexiglass and magnets. Just pulled the window off when ready. No sliding or anything to make noise.

• Sitka Gear