John in MO / KY 20-Dec-22
SBH 20-Dec-22
APauls 20-Dec-22
SteveB 20-Dec-22
Whocares 20-Dec-22
t-roy 20-Dec-22
buckhammer 20-Dec-22
20-Dec-22
Collared in Michigan.... killed in the Whiteshell.

20-Dec-22

spike buck's embedded Photo
Forgot the map of collared wolf ... here it is. Wolf was taken by a hunter in the Whiteshell Manitoba.

20-Dec-22
Wolf must have left a National Park.

20-Dec-22
Dang, did they happen to say how many miles that was traveled?

20-Dec-22
Dang, I know they have tracked Mt. Lions like that from out west to New York but wow!

20-Dec-22
Wolves definitely cover the country! How long did the trip take?

20-Dec-22
Interesting track. I would like to see it compared to major highways. Looks like he moved south to Hwy 8 then went west until US 53 and then turned north through northern WI. I would also like to see the detailed map. Looks like he came very close to where I live.

20-Dec-22
The Colorado Parks & Wolves should find out what collar and battery was used - they have troubles keeping track of collared wolves just in this state

20-Dec-22
I guess the Wyoming wolves must be home bodies and don’t travel into Colorado at all hence the “need” to reintroduce wolves in Colorado. Lol

20-Dec-22
Was collared in Summer 2021 in Mi. Spent some time near International Falls before moving into Ontario. Taken as a legal trophy jus recently. More data is still to come.

The collar can tell when they took a deer etc by how long it stayed in one spot. Length of time in one spot other than sleep.

20-Dec-22
No doubt a GPS collar. Colorado states they are looking into more updated collar/battery. The Colorado wolf that was killed on I 70 near Glenwood Spring in 2000 traveled nearly 1000 miles, from Wyoming. From the Yellowstone area. Yea, the 60 mile buffer from other State lines and Indian lands, when planting wolves in Colorado will not mean a hoot to the wondering wolves.

20-Dec-22

This Wolf is called R2L, said to be a 1 year old, also collared in 2021..... here is his movements. Collared in Mn, moves out of the the study area. Arrived in Wi on Dec 12. Another wolf showed that it only caught 1 animal in 51 days, was a coon,

20-Dec-22
Was Whiteshell Outfitters that took the Wolf...

20-Dec-22
Man a lot of you guys are slow on the draw. Look how long it took Manitobans to get it done! He was headed for my place, but our brethren took care of it. Thing stepped over the line and whammy!

20-Dec-22
What really blows me away in these massive predator movements is how they find food along completely new to them areas. Just shows how skilled of a predator they are.

20-Dec-22
Apauls, I was on Vacation when it wandered by my door. Otherwise....

20-Dec-22

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo

20-Dec-22
A couple of wolves have been killed in Missouri in the last 20 years. If I remember correctly, one of them had come from Northern Michigan as well and crossed both the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers.

20-Dec-22
Pretty cool to see those routes.

gotta be in the right place at the right time to kill them eh? Doesn't seem like they stay in one spot for long.

20-Dec-22
They're all trying to get out of Michigan and get to other areas with better deer antler genetics for their trophy rooms.

20-Dec-22
That's what happens when you leave the safety of liberal government. lol

20-Dec-22

20-Dec-22
APauls….I’d put him in a prominent spot in MY trophy room. He could stare at lots of antlers for a long time.

20-Dec-22
When the residents of the Upper Peninsula received word of this wolf being killed, 3 cheers were given, drinks were on the house and no tears were shed.

• Sitka Gear