ahunter76 29-Dec-22
fuzzy 30-Dec-22
Owl 30-Dec-22
Highlife 30-Dec-22
fdp 30-Dec-22
29-Dec-22

FORESTBOWS 's embedded Photo
FORESTBOWS 's embedded Photo
This came up in my Facebook memories from a few years back. Sucker saw me draw and charged.

29-Dec-22
Wow! Glad it turned out OK!

29-Dec-22
Good stuff

29-Dec-22
Interesting, never had a hog charge unless it was hemmed up by dogs.

29-Dec-22
Ive had several. Trick is letting them get close before you make your move! Or shoot them

29-Dec-22
Depends on the hog and I also think it depends on the area. For instance, the hogs where I live and the hogs on my lease have never been aggressive. The hogs on my son’s lease about twenty miles S of me are a different story. They grow bigger bodies, bigger tusks, and about half of them a mean as hell. I know of three incidents in the last couple years, one of which resulted in my son’s buddy being rolled on the ground and cut up a little. Anothe boar was tending a sow that my son shot, and when he went looking for the dead sow, she wasn’t dead, but wounded. Not only did she present a threat, the damn boar tried to get him too. He was pretty busy trying to shoot two aggravated hogs with a single shot rifle, but he got it done.

29-Dec-22
I've experienced a "big'un" and a "small fry" charge. Scary, but adrenaline pumping experiences. Helps to speed up the thought process !

29-Dec-22

bigswivle's embedded Photo
This guy got a little aggressive a few weeks ago. Not an ideal shot but he dropped in his tracks.(because that’s what Hoyt’s do)
bigswivle's embedded Photo
This guy got a little aggressive a few weeks ago. Not an ideal shot but he dropped in his tracks.(because that’s what Hoyt’s do)

29-Dec-22

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
I used to have a photo of a 3 blade head dead center in a Hogs skull. He charged & when the arrow hot him in he head he shook his head a snapped the arrow off at the BH. My brother was to the side & put one thru the boiler room b/4 he went any further. We love going S. to hunt them a few days in winter to get a break from the snow & old. I've been charged like 9 times.. Never a dull moment when chasing hogs. My 1st charged me & taught me respect right away.

30-Dec-22
Hogs are unpre

30-Dec-22
If you haven't been charged while hog hunting, you haven't been hog hunting long.

30-Dec-22
True tat

30-Dec-22
"If you haven't been charged while hog hunting, you haven't been hog hunting long."

........Nope, I didn't start until about 1978 or '79 so.......

• Sitka Gear