Tilzbow 30-Dec-22
Quinn @work 31-Dec-22
JTreeman 31-Dec-22
Quinn @work 31-Dec-22
butcherboy 01-Jan-23
butcherboy 01-Jan-23
JTreeman 01-Jan-23
30-Dec-22
I recently purchased the Swarovski SLC 15x56 binos and am looking for an adapter/post to use with my tripod. I see the Swarovski adapter/post for $165. Are there any other similar quality adapter/posts out there? I do like the quick connect feature of the Swarovskis.

Recommendations?

30-Dec-22
Outdoorsmans make a bunch of quality stuff like that.

30-Dec-22

pav's Link
2nd the Outdoorsman binocular adapter (quick connect). You will need the "tall" version for your SLC 15x56.

30-Dec-22
I have the outdoorsmans mount and stud for my slc’s. Its a good system and you can use it with different tripods that utilize an adapter plate, unlike the Jim White style that is machined to fit together.

30-Dec-22
Outdoorsman mount x4.

30-Dec-22
Outdoorsman. Buy once and be done.

30-Dec-22
Yup, outdoorsmans here too.

30-Dec-22
Great! Thanks everyone

30-Dec-22
Outdoorsmans

Another cheap option that is decent is the tricer adaptor

30-Dec-22
The Swarovski product is not nearly as good as the Outdoorsman version coming from someone who has owned both.

30-Dec-22

BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
Tricer. Lighter than the others and an integrated machined swiss arca plate. Less expensive. Ed F

30-Dec-22
Anyone used the Asiak bino clamps that S&S Archery sells? Very light and look interesting…$37 too.

I use a very bulky and heavy homemade “plate” with the Leica 15x56 Geovids. Works fine but the Asiak is about 5% as heavy.

30-Dec-22

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
I have this one from Vortex, it was about $20.

30-Dec-22

smarba's Link
I have used the Aziak. It works well, very lightweight and small. My ONLY complaint is that with the tripod plate mounted directly below one barrel, even being very low profile, it doesn't fit ininto my bino case very easily (if the plate were centered between the barrels there is a little more slack in the bino case there.

That said, if anyone is in the market for a like-new Aziak size #2 shoot me a PM

30-Dec-22
I have the same Vortex adapter as Cheesehead Mike and it has worked well for me.

30-Dec-22
What I don't like about the Vortex and most similar models is screwing into the binos is cumbersome and time consuming if you're trying to jump onto a tripod fast (like when you spot something with your eye). And they are so tall that leaving them attached to the binos precludes you from sliding them into a bino case or even carrying binos in a simple harness as the bracket bangs you in the chest.

I had one similar to the Vortex and simply cut it in half, drilled holes in each half, and put a pop rivet through to simply and easily shorten the bracket just tall enough to clear the bottom of my binos. Of course you could just figure out a brand/model and buy a shorter one in the first place, but I already had one on hand, so it was an easy mod.

30-Dec-22
Bought the Outdoorsman. Thanks Bowsiters

30-Dec-22
Good idea on shortening the adapter smarba. I might have to do that.

30-Dec-22

smarba's embedded Photo
smarba's embedded Photo
smarba's embedded Photo
smarba's embedded Photo
Nothing fancy, but works fine. I had to do a little extra grinding on the one side when I switched to a different pair of binos and needed tad extra clearance.

30-Dec-22
Nice. If you wanted to keep it centered, you could cut a chunk out of middle and put a thin piece of aluminum on each side and rivet through everything.

30-Dec-22
I thought of that, but I have narrow beady eyes and couldn't afford to make the support any wider than it already was. Some binos I can't even close them enough for my eyes if the objective lenses are too big. I don't even notice the offset whatsoever while glassing. Although I also didn't mind the Aziak, which is centered on one of the barrels, so way off center.

30-Dec-22
Tricer has a sale running through tomorrow. 15% off the adapter. Reg price is $50

Scott

30-Dec-22
"I thought of that, but I have narrow beady eyes and couldn't afford to make the support any wider than it already was."

I can't even run the objective lens covers around the barrels on my 15x56's for that reason.

30-Dec-22
I hope you ordered the tall Outdoorsmans. If not you could have a problem getting the eye pieces close enough together on your 15x56 Swaros unless you have wide set Cro-Magnon eyes…. I apologize in advance to any Neanderthal Bowsite members who use the shorter tripod adapter without issue…..

31-Dec-22
Yes got the tall based on Pavs advice.

31-Dec-22
I have eve outdoorsman on my swaro 15x56 and bought both the tall and short. I sent the tall back. The short is defiantly tight, but I preferred it. I wish they made a medium ;). The Binos fit in the case with the short still attached, the tall isn’t even close. I also just liked the compactness better in general. But I guess I have a Neanderthal head, cause mine work fine for me ;)

—jim

31-Dec-22
What chest bino harness case is everyone using with the 15x56’s?

01-Jan-23
I don’t carry 15’s on my chest. They are for spotting and scouting. I like to carry 10 X 42’s or even better when bow hunting in thick stuff is 10 X 32 or even 8 X 32. Sometimes I just use my rangefinder for optics. I’m only looking out there in the trees 30-80 yds while elk hunting. The smaller the bino harness the better since it interferes with the string on my longbow

01-Jan-23
Forgot to mention, I really like the two sizes of harnesses from Stone Glacier

01-Jan-23
I don’t carry mine in a harness either. They are more of a specialty piece for me. I keep them in my pack or in the case that came with them. I ALWAY still have my 10x42’s on my chest.

—Jim

• Sitka Gear