Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
and on the big lake across the highway
and on the big lake across the highway
Tomorrow's (Sunday, January 1, 2013) Yard Hopper Goose hunt might turn out to be epic as their has been 60 to 100 geese in the goose field during the past few days. A good friend, Jerry will join me in the morning.. Stay tuned for more action on the first day of the New Year.

01-Jan-23

01-Jan-23

01-Jan-23
Sharpen your broadheads and lets go goose hunting!

01-Jan-23
Oh man, this one’s gonna be good!

Happy New Year Paul!

01-Jan-23
Go whack some geese there are there for the whackin

01-Jan-23
Fingers crossed. Paul

01-Jan-23
Lake looks completely frozen. Suprised they are hanging out by it but I don't really know goose behavior. Good luck on your hunt. Beautiful picture of the lake.

01-Jan-23
Geese prefer open water but the recent cold spell froze most of it aside from rivers. They will often just roost on the middle of the frozen lakes. If things don't thaw after a few days more continue south but we have geese year round.

01-Jan-23
Good luck Paul! Happy New Year ! Looking forward to the pics and the stories! ??

01-Jan-23
Just looking at that makes me cold. Good luck Paul and Teal !

01-Jan-23
We have all be there, "The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry". As it did this morning. Very few geese in the air and none showed any interest in the goose field.

Better luck next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paul

01-Jan-23
That’s why the call it hunting! Get em tomorrow!

01-Jan-23
A lot of the geese have moved north of town to the rawhide power plant lake which I assume still has open water. Drove by there a few times this week early and late and saw good flocks flying off.

01-Jan-23
Aw man.................. I'll keep opening the "Goose Hopper" posts, in anticipation of seeing the new pup dragging a goose.

01-Jan-23
The best laid plans of mice and men…better luck next time!

02-Jan-23
I can't believe you don't have more snow.

What goes thru us goes to you Colo guys.

Great pix Paul

Stay Safe man,

Robb

02-Jan-23
Robb, "lack of snow there on the Front Range". All that moisture from the west that turns to snow, at it gains elevations over the mountain range, the snow drops up higher and by the time it get here, the moisture is gone, and we might get some but little. Our biggest snow falls comes from moisture, upslope weather from the easterly directions. One year we got 3 ft of snow in 3 days from upslope weather. Yep, we need lots of moisture in Colorado.

02-Jan-23
I think we are in for some great goose days. We will be warming a bit next week and some water should open. Lots of new geese from Canada, Montana and the Dakotas will have moved in. New arrivals are good news for spots like mine that aren't on the "X".

02-Jan-23
Just returned from the goose field, to run Teal, and there were 4 geese within bow range of the blind where as yesterday, none were interested. "What a day makes........"

02-Jan-23
Aren't there still a bunch on the pond with aerators just north of you?

02-Jan-23
Yes, and when I took Teal to the goose field to just run this morning, there were 4 geese within bow range of the blind. Go figure!

03-Jan-23
Canada hunting is usually gonna offer you something but occasionally the birds get the best of us. Good thing they don't act like snows, circle and circle and circle and LEAVE! I refer to snow goose hunting as an effort of futility. Teals getting plenty of practice at being your pup though. Don't spoil her too bad.

• Sitka Gear