MQQSE 16-Jan-23
Buskill 17-Jan-23
MQQSE 17-Jan-23
WV Mountaineer 18-Jan-23
MQQSE 18-Jan-23
16-Jan-23

MQQSE's embedded Photo
MQQSE's embedded Photo
For those who hunt Alaska and ship your gear (tent, food, raft, etc) up via air cargo, what do you use as a container? I’ve used plastic totes and heavy duty cardboard boxes and have had issues with both.

I know there has to be something for shipping via Alaska air cargo that can handle large items without falling to pieces.

I’ve used these type totes with mixed success in the past.

17-Jan-23
I’ve shipped to AK and Idaho many many times with totes like that yellow topped one (minus the wheels ) and never had a problem. A corner on one got chipped out a bit but it was no problem. I put multiple zip ties all over so it’s not coming open. I’ve mostly shipped from the post office but in Pocatello I always use FedEx.

17-Jan-23

MQQSE's embedded Photo
MQQSE's embedded Photo
I’ve had many broken on the yellow and black ones. From additional research and discussing with some of the cargo guys it looks like the action packers and this foam heavy duty container are the winners.

18-Jan-23

WV Mountaineer's Link
I’d buy these. Are there better totes? Yes. Are these adequate and then some, to ship gear? Absolutely. They are actually pretty dang good totes. Plenty strong too.

18-Jan-23
The first Plano box I used had the wheel smash through the bottom and blow that entire corner off the tote. So those are off the table. Nothing more pleasant than arriving in a remote town or village and seeing a gaping hole in your tote.

• Sitka Gear