Rut Nut 24-Jan-23
Swampbuck 24-Jan-23
WV Mountaineer 24-Jan-23
RK 24-Jan-23
Stubbleduck 24-Jan-23
23-Jan-23

timex's embedded Photo
timex's embedded Photo
I live on the coast of VA. There's plenty of what we call fun, fishing tournaments throughout the summer to encourage father - son, daughter or just youth participation in general. The moose, elks, local anglers club all have youth fishing events. This however is a first. I think it's a great idea.

$100.00 gets ya a dinner for 2 a pair of tee shirts and a chance at some door prizes.

And best of all some quality time in the woods.

23-Jan-23
love it! we have a September squirrel hunt contest up here in Bland Co

23-Jan-23
That’s awesome. Mass use to do some coyote contests run by groups and then the state shut that down.

24-Jan-23
Can't believe this didn't get but 3 replies.

24-Jan-23
Kinda puts things into perspective. Alec Baldwin thread goes 100+ posts a thread about taking kids hunting gets 3.

24-Jan-23
I’m all for taking kids hunting or fishing, I took mine all the time. However, I’m kinda ambivalent about a contest involving game or fish. I just never did like a competition in that area, it seems to me to sort of degrade the hunting or fishing experience. I don’t care if you do, but I opt out. My best friend, (of 35 years), wants to keep score when we’re fishing, (until I outfish) him,and it’s a little aggravating. It’s not a competition to me.

24-Jan-23
Drycreek..... I somewhat agree in that I've never fished a big money tournament, I fish to relax, kinda hard to relax when $$$ is on the line.

What I consider,,,fun,,, or ,,, charity,,,events are entirely different imo.

24-Jan-23

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Huntcell 's embedded Photo

24-Jan-23
That looks like a blast. I love hunting nut bears.

24-Jan-23
That's cool! My daughter would like that I'm sure. She's into the hunting big time, and very competitive.

I'm sorta like drycreek. Competition is ok for fish and small game and predators. But I don't like it for big game. My cousin does an annual turkey contest with his relatives and friends. There's about 12-15 of us in it. I enjoy the competitive aspect of it. Winner gets bragging rights and there's a trophy that gets passed around that gets your name on it. Helps that I've won it 5 out of 8 years :)

24-Jan-23

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
Neighboring town across the river just finished a Yote hunt/contest.

24-Jan-23
I like the squirrel hunt but if its aimed at kids 100$ is a little steep.

24-Jan-23
That squirrel hunting tournament would be an absolute blast. My kids would have loved that when they were in 4-H Shooting Sports.

24-Jan-23
Great fix'ins for chicken of the trees soup.

24-Jan-23
Great idea Anything positive that promotes hunting and conservation

Lets not kid ourselves, like at a lot of levels is a contest. And record books for big game are the big boys version. I’m all in favor of record books, just leave the hunters name out. Keeps it squeaky clean

I hope the squirrel contest is a great success

24-Jan-23
That’s great! I’m actually surprised the ANTIS haven’t infiltrated the 4H and shut it down .................

24-Jan-23
Nice, almost like the lion fish tournaments we have in FL

24-Jan-23

Anyways squirrels are the Best eating in the woods. Plus, it’s a great way to get a kid hunting. It’s fantastic all the way around.

24-Jan-23
Great idea Anything positive that promotes hunting and conservation

Lets not kid ourselves, like at a lot of levels is a contest. And record books for big game are the big boys version. I’m all in favor of record books, just leave the hunters name out. Keeps it squeaky clean

I hope the squirrel contest is a great success

24-Jan-23

Stubbleduck's embedded Photo
Stubbleduck's embedded Photo
First prize for anyone shooting this one

• Sitka Gear