Mathewsphone 27-Jan-23
TREESTANDWOLF 27-Jan-23
Matt 28-Jan-23
TREESTANDWOLF 28-Jan-23
Buffalo1 28-Jan-23
Stubbleduck 03-Sep-23
Hondolane 03-Sep-23
27-Jan-23
I haven't traveled on an airline with a bow case in over ten years. In the past I was never charged for an oversize bow case even though the case exceeded the normal size limit. Some airlines, Delta for instance, specifically state bow case can be oversize up to a limit others, United for instance, just state archery equipment is acceptable but say nothing specific about oversize. Any recent exerieince information would be appreciated.

27-Jan-23

StickFlicker's Link
I can only speak regarding Delta, but archery equipment is permitted to be much larger than the normal maximum of 62 inches (L+W+D). In fact, they currently allow 115 inches, see link. However, they still only allow it to weigh no more than 50 pounds, and they do weigh it. I've never had them bat an eye at the physical size on 3 trips to Africa in the past four years, however, and my SKB double bow case is 82 inches.

27-Jan-23
I’ve never been charged by any airline for a bow or gun case considered “sporting equipment”. I would say well North of 100 trips.

27-Jan-23
Ive only paid once for oversize baggage with my bow case. That was through American Air coming back from Mexico. All others have been regular baggage fees.

27-Jan-23
you will be charged for the bag but not as oversize, unless your class of ticket allows for free baggage.

27-Jan-23
I'm a pro archer and travel mostly south west they started to charge $75 for my bow case but if you have golf clubs or skis ect... It's free so I started to carry a golf club and ball in my case. When they ask what's in the case I tell them sporting equipment golf cubs and stuff .

27-Jan-23
Bou ^^^^^

28-Jan-23
Flown Southwest a ton and never had them charge extra for a bow case.

28-Jan-23
Bou ^^^^^

28-Jan-23
SKB Double Bow case weighing under 50#-- no problem !

03-Sep-23
Packed two Disrupter 24's in my Badlands "Terraglide" semi rigid duffle type case along with associated equipment and clothing for two weeks in South Africa and had room to spare. Locked zipper pulls with TSA approved cable locks. United Airlines Minneapolis to Newark to Johannesburg and return. "Terraglide" was checked in as normal baggage no questions asked in both Minnepolis and Johannesburg. It doesn't look at all like the usual bow or rifle case. Bows and all equipment arrived in perfect shape going both ways. Rather than repeat all the details of the "Terraglide" case here I'll just refer to the Badlands website: Crazy Good Hunting Gear, Apparel and Packs | Badlands Gear I have no connection with the Badlands company...just a satisfied customer.

03-Sep-23
Lol Brandon your a pro.. now that’s funny shit

• Sitka Gear