JohnMC 28-Jan-23
ILbowhntr 28-Jan-23
x-man 30-Jan-23
kota-man 30-Jan-23
txhunter58 31-Jan-23
x-man 31-Jan-23
Gator 04-Feb-23
28-Jan-23
Need some help. I just put a 4x lens on my MTG sight . It now looks a little blurry when shooting. Guess I need a clarifier lens? So I looked at the PXl hunter peep from specialty archery . They don’t sell a kit , so you have to buy the lens separately and cost $40 . So how you go about trying to find the right power clarifier lens ??? Ty

28-Jan-23
I’m assuming you don’t have a pro shop close by. But, when I tried the clarifier I went to my shop, the owner swapped out powers until I found the best one for me. Only way I knew how to get the right one.

28-Jan-23
Yep, there is a Verifier test kit in any Pro Shop that sells them.

28-Jan-23
Charlie, I called my Pro Shoo yesterday they don’t have the test kit .

28-Jan-23
Find one that does.

28-Jan-23
If you end up needing an archery specialties #5, I have a brand new one….and it won’t be $40!

28-Jan-23
Does your pro shop carry them? If so ask if you can try the different lens until you find strength you need and that you will buy that strength from them.

28-Jan-23
Think I still have a #6 if that’s any help.

30-Jan-23
You need a clarifier, not a verifier. They are two different things. Don't let verifier users give you advice on this subject.

The higher the power in the clarifier, the clearer the target will look but, the smaller it will look. They are color-coded and I recommend buying a kit that has the peep housing and three lens' from specialty archery. Lancaster Archery Supply should be able to help you out.

Your other option is to guess. 4x is pretty weak, I'm surprised that you need a clarifier with only 4x scope lens. I use a #3 with my 8x lens for target shooting. With my setup that equates to the same magnification as a 4x rifle scope.

In your shoes I would start with a 1.5x or 1x clarifier if you only buy one. I have about a dozen different inserts but mine is a small indoor target housing. I'm not sure they even make that one anymore.

What is the primary use of this setup for you? I suppose I should have asked that question first...

30-Jan-23
Good point X-Man. I was speaking on the “verifier”, not the “clarifier”.

31-Jan-23
" With my setup that equates to the same magnification as a 4x rifle scope."

You guys know this I am sure, but for those that don't, the above set up would not be legal to use in some states, like Colorado.

31-Jan-23
If I had to guess, I'd think the OP is wanting to use his hunting bow for 3D, and adding a lens makes seeing the scoring rings easier... because adding a lens for hunting is a waste of time(as in the first and last 30 minutes of shooting light).

04-Feb-23
My experience using the 2X lense with the Montana Gold sight has little to no effect shooting early or late.

• Sitka Gear