ki-ke 30-Jan-23
ki-ke 30-Jan-23
milnrick 30-Jan-23
ki-ke 30-Jan-23
ki-ke 30-Jan-23
Lewis 30-Jan-23
scentman 30-Jan-23
29-Jan-23
I saw a venison recipe for this the other day and it sounds very interesting.One recipe from a hunter in New Jersey called for venison cutlets ,I’m thinking that cube steak might be the same thing. I know there different cuts you could use when making this but have any of y’all ever made this and if so how did you like it. Thanks Lewis

29-Jan-23
My mother was Italian, and she used to make braciole and it was SO good. Unfortunately it's the one recipe of hers that I didn't get for some reason. I believe she used flank steak. Next deer I get I'm going to try it. And I agree that cutlets are basically cube steak.

I've made vension that way where I hammered it and then rolled it flour/egg and spices and then fried it.

29-Jan-23
We use something like this to make venison bracciola. Give it a try.

Venison steak tenderized and pounded flat

Minced garlic Italian seasoning (oregano, parsley, thyme, basil) Pine nuts (optional) Salt/pepper Olive oil Cotton twine or skewers

Mix garlic, italian seasonings, salt and pepper, add a splash of olive oil to form a paste.

Spread the paste evenly onto the flattened steak.

Roll the steak as tightly as possible and secure with twine or skewers.

Heat olive oil in a skillet, add steak and brown on all sides.

Add browned steak to a pot of "Sunday Gravy" (tomato sauce) and simmer on low heat for 2 - 3 hours until the meat is fork tender.

30-Jan-23
Keep it simple. Slice thin. Bread with Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs. Fry in olive oil. Done. One of the best.

30-Jan-23
The slow simmer allows you to use a 'lesser' cut of meat and get it 'fork tender'. (I want to eat at Ricks' house some Sunday ;-) )

30-Jan-23
Never heard of this dish before but it sounds like a perfect fit for venison steaks. I'm gonna try it

30-Jan-23
Don't forget to squeeze some lemon juice on the cutlets trust me!

30-Jan-23

ki-ke's embedded Photo
ki-ke's embedded Photo

30-Jan-23

ki-ke's embedded Photo
ki-ke's embedded Photo

30-Jan-23
Ki-ke has the twine set just like my grandmother (from the "old country") did it.

We called it Sunday Gravy because she made it most Sundays (simmered way more than 3 hrs) and we had it once or twice during tge week.

30-Jan-23
Double post….but it’s worth it because Braciole makes me happy…lol

This is beef flank, but you could use a larger, butterflied hind cut from a deer or elk. For the beef flank, since it’s so thick, I use a sharp fillet knife to slice the flank into 2. Pound your meat…..to about 1/4-3/8” thick. Salt and pepper the meat. I use fresh chopped garlic, not powdered. About 2 cloves each piece. A layer of chopped onions, a sprinkle of pinolis (pine nuts), 1/2 dozen or so slender sticks or Parmesan cheese and some chopped, fresh parsley. Tie it up. Brown hard in olive oil. We cook it in “Sunday Sauce”, which included homemade meatballs, pork ribs, sausage and the Braciole. Start cooking on friday into Saturday. Heat up the pots for another 2 hours on Saturday after church and invite a pile of people. Serve it over lasagna or any coarse pasta.

Brings a happy tear to my eye. One of my seasonal favorites. This is our traditional Christmas meal.

Bon appetit!!

30-Jan-23
You got it Rick!! We eat the leftovers for days…..

30-Jan-23
I have a lot of cube steak in the freezer that my processor put up for us of course already tenderized I’m thinking about trying with a braciole recipe. I see one recipe with cheeses bread crumbs and seasoning that looks good and Rick’s recipe looks good ?? we shall see it reminds me of sort of a osso bucolic.Good luck Lewis

30-Jan-23
ki-ke, sounds like a winner... your main ingredient is "love", that's what makes it special.

• Sitka Gear