4nolz@work 23-May-23
Vaquero 45 23-May-23
bigswivle 23-May-23
Vaquero 45 23-May-23
4nolz@work 23-May-23
fuzzy 25-May-23
4nolz@work 25-May-23
31-Jan-23
I spend a couple of months every year in the Fort Walton Beach area. I would like to find somewhere to hunt hogs every once in a while. Any suggestions? Thanks

31-Jan-23
https://triplemoutfittersunlimited.com/hunts/hog-hunts/

31-Jan-23
Unfortunately every place I know of is in central florida area.

01-Feb-23
Daniel Townsend with Townsend and Sons.

01-Feb-23
I just realized that Triple M is over 7 hours from Fort Walton Beach. Sorry

01-Feb-23
You're up in the panhandle. You might want to google it. Tiger Island is out by Cedar Key-not too far away. I can't vouch for the outfitter, but the area is full of pigs. I hunt across the road in Lower Suwanee and go past the place on a regular basis.

01-Feb-23
If you have never been to cedar key. It is worth the trip.

Wife and I went up there for a day trip. It is on our list to go back for a short weekend.

Now that I know there is some hog hunting up there even better yet.

24-Apr-23
I just returned from a couple days in South Florida where I decided to try a hog hunt while there. I checked out the reference above for Triple M Outfitters. Nice guys, but they are really geared towards firearm hunting. When I arrived the guide assigned to me had no idea that I was hunting with a bow despite the fact that I told the owner both on the phone and via email that I was a bowhunter. The guide admitted to me that he wasn't sure how to get me close enough for a bow shot as he doesn't do a lot of that. We did finally find a hog resting under a bust and I came home with a hog. But I think for my next adventure I am going to try a different outfitter.

24-Apr-23
Sorry about your experience, but glad it worked out and you tagged one

I am looking into Triple m for bobcat, Coyote and hog with thermal scope. Just curious, besides the non archery experience how was your outfitter overall opinion of the outfitter?

24-Apr-23
Cedar Key is a quite a ways from FWB

24-Apr-23
Cedar key is an amazing area though

24-Apr-23
Yes Travis McGhee is still there John McDonald says

25-Apr-23
Hey bghunter, apart from the outfitter not being ready for.a bow hunter, I guess it was ok. Like I said it was a 1 day hunt. You probably just want to make sure they know what your expectations are. I thought they did, but I found out differently. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

25-Apr-23
Flying archer thank you for the info. We go to FL alot, but the guide I normally use is in the north part and next trip we were looking traveling near the Atlantic side so Triple M is in that area

25-Apr-23
If you want " do it yourself " try Eglin AFB archery only units ... Plenty of hogs and deer

23-May-23
I think for my next adventure I would like to do a DIY hunt hopefully near SE Florida. My place is in Boca Raton. I will check the different WMA's, but if anyone has a suggestion I am all ears.

23-May-23

Vaquero 45's embedded Photo
Vaquero 45's embedded Photo
Very rare years ago I shot this one near Lake Whales Fla .... free range boar / no fish tale or horse manure it was weighed on a legal scale @ over 440 lbs . Free range not trying to offend anyone I dont do fenced / caged hunts nor shot fish in a barrel . I dont have a dog in his race but theres a guy named Eric out of the swflacraigslist under sporting goods that does good pig hunts / ETC in the Naples , Fla area . Posted that pick not to brag but incase someone needs some motivation .

23-May-23
think for my next adventure I would like to do a DIY hunt hopefully near SE Florida. My place is in Boca Raton. I will check the different WMA's, but if anyone has a suggestion I am all ears.

Don’t know of much in SE Florida. Fort Drum MA is closer to east coast, they used to do some special hog hunts I think. It’s full of hogs, I hunt a ranch right next to it. Corbett management area is closer to you, but I don’t know anything about the hog population there.

23-May-23
Why pay for an outfitter, just go to a WMA and you'll run into them, or at least I did in southern Florida, but there is a season for them on public lands, or used to be...

23-May-23
Vaquero was that a dog hunt?

23-May-23
No Sir Mr Mike , that was stalking legally of course . Won't do dog hunts either unless we persuing hard core criminals or escapees. Free range Hogs like that are very very rare . Just like Hogs seeing you an attacking you very rare from my experiences . Unless there cornered , trying to break loose from a trap or a European or Russian type angle headed mad boar . I would fear more a Cougar late at nite around the last drink call in a Honky-tonk. BTW shot that one w/a Remmy 700 bolt action 30 ot 6 , iron sights . We encountered each other in a short palmetto cul da sac . So it made a run at me more to escape than attack I believe [lol] . Flattened him with one shot at like 22'. The other Mike from Canada if your reading this , you know it's no BS .

23-May-23
Free range Hogs like that are very very rare .

This is false, there are big hogs all over the place, just have to find them.

23-May-23
Lol , maybe we have a different definition of what's a big hog . God bless you in your pursuit.

23-May-23

4nolz@work's embedded Photo
4nolz@work's embedded Photo
Yep those big boys need a good food supply.The big old ones look like werewolves.We got tons of them.I drove up on a sow with teeny piglets on my place yesterday they were no bigger than a 1liter drink bottled and just huddled in the road when she ran.Nice red with watermelon stripes.

25-May-23
N nolz those rabbit sized striped ones are the best eating

25-May-23
Ha maybe but they will be the perfect eating size by bow season after they eat the feeder corn all Summer :)

• Sitka Gear